Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Johnnie Jackson - Signed on a 1-month loan

Comments

• Options
    mark bolan is none to busy either...
  • Options
    To me, the problem at the moment seems to be:
    We have in the main a collection of reasonably talented individuals, who each play a fair game but they don't appear to gel as a balanced team. We seem to be lacking the player to tie all the threads together.

Who's got a quality experienced midfield general sitting on the sidelines twiddling his thumbs?
    Of course, if he was any good, he wouldn't be sitting on the side lines, I suppose.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]My only downside is that it is a week before a 93 day loan could include a play off final and I could envisage Johnny playing a big role for us.
    When the month loan expires, I think they could do a 'new' loan agreement for 93 days which will cover it.
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Maybe also when Youga returns could we allow Spring out on loan to balance the squad
    I dont think Spring wants to go anywhere, I read on SSN website (a while back) that he wants to fight for a place in the team!
  • Options
    Spring hasn't played much football this season - but invariably when he has played, he's shown he's very comfortable on the ball at this level and distribution good.

He's an old head, experienced, played a lot of football in all 4 divisions, and has handled bigger occasions than where we are at the moment. May still have a significant role to play this season.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I suspect this loan means that Youga won't be back anytime soon....

EDIT: should have added that I think Jackson is a decent signing with the added bonus that he has worked with Parky before so both know what they are getting!

That goal he scored against us for Spurs was a cracker - unfortunately!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Maybe also when Youga returns could we allow Spring out on loan to balance the squad

LOL!

Do you honestly think anybody would want Spring!!
  • Options
    Very good signing. Would be interested in Johnnyboy's take on it. I recall him looking very good for Spurs against us at the Valley, and was surprised that a) he slipped so far down the leagues and b) that Spurs fans didn't rate him at all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]that Spurs fans didn't rate him at all.

Spurs fans didn't rate Darren Bent.
  • Options
    Happy with this.

Good point too, Oggy!
  • Options
    Think Parky had left Col U when JJ (there's only two JJ's) signed permanantly for them.

Was Parky manager there when he went on loan?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2010
    A reply from @CAFCofficial on Twitter to my question about confirmation:

"We're like Fight Club. Our first rule of transfers is to never talk about transfers (until they actually happen) (MW)"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]From Twitter:

We're like Fight Club. Our first rule of transfers is to never talk about transfers (until they actually happen) (MW)

LOL.

What subtle point is this MW person trying to make and has it ever been made on CL in a different way?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]A reply from @CAFCofficial on Twitter to my question about confirmation:

"We're like Fight Club. Our first rule of transfers is to never talk about transfers (until they actually happen) (MW)"

Curbs established that rule a long time ago.

He said at the time that they learned the hard way, having lost too many prospective signings at the last minute to bigger clubs offering more money.
  • Options
    Do we take this to mean that Youga is still some way off a return then?
    If he was a week or 2 away then they'd surely stick with Solly.

Don't know what to make of it really. On the one hand i think it's a decent move, the bloke wants to move back to London and earn a contract so he'll be committed.
    On the other hand if he's still any good why is he in league 2?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Do we take this to mean that Youga is still some way off a return then?
    If he was a week or 2 away then they'd surely stick with Solly.

Don't know what to make of it really. On the one hand i think it's a decent move, the bloke wants to move back to London and earn a contract so he'll be committed.
    On the other hand if he's still any good why is he in league 2?

He was at Notts County, the club Sol Campbell (briefly) went to.

I'm hoping it was the money rather than his footballing ability that took him there!
  • Options
    Good signing at this level.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]What subtle point is this MW person trying to make and has it ever been made on CL in a different way?

Who cares. It doesn't make it to a Charlton Life Sticky unless it is true. FACT :-)

Comms team now finished their breakfast, titting around on twitter, and confirmed on the OS.....

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=35633

"John can play in midfield or left-back, but I have predominantly brought him in to play left-back.

"He was the first ever signing I made at Colchester. He is a good footballer, is good on the ball and has a good set-piece delivery - so we're pleased to have him on board.”
  • Options
    Let's hope we can get Moo2 out the door to gain a contribution to his wages.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    although a good signing on the face of it, it is another loanee, and he only wants out of Notts County cause his wife is in London and up the duff, so ideal for him. I know Solly wasn't great the other night but there were far more experienced players on the pitch who were far worse than him and as he's predominately a right-back he needs a couple of games to get into it. I'd rather we had persevered with Solly, I want to see our youngsters progress. Plus if we can always majic up a midfielder or a left-back from somewhere why can't Parky magic up a decent forward which is where the problem lies.

As for Spring, I'd bring him back into midfield alongside Shelvey or Racon, Sam and Reid out wide, Bailey slightly withdrawn supporting Burton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Sounds a good signing as Solly showed he's not ready on Monday night - and Parky obviously rates him highly as it's the second time he's signed him at two different clubs.

Like the fact that Parky mentions his set-piece delivery because Bailey - whom I recall in the past scoring a cracking goal or two from free-kicks - has at the moment lost the ability to do anything other than fire the ball straight into the wall.

Beckham's all round play wasn't v good the other night v Man U but he still showed how to deliver a dead ball. One hopes Nicky B was watching for a bit of coaching-by-TV...
  • Options
    Is there a Notts County fans forum site with reaction to his loan move?
    Be interesting to see what the Magpies supporters think of him.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Is there a Notts County fans forum site with reaction to his loan move?
    Be interesting to see what the Magpies supporters think of him.[/quote]

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=402&fid=17&sty=2&act=1&mid=2122755435

Found this. Sorry about the quote but don't know how to quote and post links at the same time.

MOG ???? :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
  • Options
    If A Sodje or Mooney play together with Semedo and two out of our three centre-backs, that gives us only four of the current side over 6 foot so I'm sure extra height is a factor. Can you imagine how the following side would fare against a physical side like Colchester:-

Elliott
    Ricarhardson Dailley Sodje Solly
    Sam Racon Bailey Reid
    Burton McKenzie
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]If A Sodje or Mooney play together with Semedo and two out of our three centre-backs, that gives us only four of the current side over 6 foot so I'm sure extra height is a factor. Can you imagine how the following side would fare against a physical side like Colchester:-

Elliott
    Ricarhardson Dailley Sodje Solly
    Sam Racon Bailey Reid
    Burton McKenzie

Ah, but we could put on the 6' 4" tall Waggy, to come on as impact sub.
    Or do I mean Llera at centre forward?

;o)
  • Options
    I said on the Claridge thread but it's probably more appropriate here that "as Jackson is more naturally a left midfielder, it should give us an attacking threat down that side that has been sorely missing since Youga got injured."

IMO - our form has dipped massively since Youga got injured.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I said on the Claridge thread but it's probably more appropriate here that "as Jackson is more naturally a left midfielder, it should give us an attacking threat down that side that has been sorely missing since Youga got injured."

IMO - our form has dipped massively since Youga got injured.

In my opinion our form has dipped since we moved Bailey into the middle

Should have a pretty tasty left hand side now with Jackson and Reid
  • Options
    Why have Notts County let him go out on loan when they are chasing promotion?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: choice TV[/cite]Why have Notts County let him go out on loan when they are chasing promotion?

They're skint and need him off the wage bill I imagine. From the link Len posted above sounds like the fans are surprised they let him go.