Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Senior Cup 2023-24 - Final v Hendon, Mon 29th April 7:45pm @Dulwich Hamlet (p7)

Comments

• Options
    Met Police scored 90' plus 5 but Charlton won 2-1
  • Options
    FULL-TIME | Met. Police 1 Charlton Athletic U21s 2

We book our space in the final of the London Senior Cup with triumph at Imber Court 👏
  • Options
    edited April 25
    Woohoo ! Great stuff, lads, especially as this is their 2nd game in 4 days . 

REALLY want to see the Final as we did last year when Zach proudly held the Cup aloft after a battling performance. 

We can do this !!!
  • Options
    edited April 25
    Woohoo ! Great stuff, lads, especially as this is their 2nd game in 4 days . 

REALLY want to see the Final as we did last year when Zach proudly held the Cup aloft after a battling performance. 

We can do this !!!
    Especially if the date gets moved forward and Hendon only have 11 players. Charlton need to do the right thing here and agree to next Tuesday....make it a fair contest. Otherwise, no point to it. 
  • Options
    The date is being further negotiated to find common ground that is acceptable and fair to both parties. It will probably end up on 1st May. Should be decided (at last) tomorrow.
  • Options
    The date is being further negotiated to find common ground that is acceptable and fair to both parties. It will probably end up on 1st May. Should be decided (at last) tomorrow.
    We might have 13 available for 1st May. Better than bare 11 I guess. 
  • Options
    Were we under the cosh at the end?
  • Options
    Met police is a team that always reminds me of the vidiprinter days, watching the scores come in with my nan. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Were we under the cosh at the end?
    Their players did try to fit Henry up for allegedly conceding a corner at one point.
  • Options
    Hopefully the final will be before Thursday as I'm away after that for a few days. Imber Court easy for me, I'll be playing bowls there this afternoon! I have brought the average age of the club down significantly since I joined!
  • Options
    edited April 26
    With Kanu in the first team,Toure in the U21s and Henry out on loan, it looks like we’re making copies of the Arsenal team of the early 2000s!
  • Options
    I'm hearing final is on Monday....venue TBA...either at Bromley or Dulwich. 
  • Options
    At Dulwich I believe. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    At Dulwich I believe. 
    It has been confirmed by the London FA that the London Senior Cup final will take place on Monday, 29th April, at Champion Hill, home of Dulwich Hamlet FC.
    https://www.hendonfc.net/News/9039/Cup+final+at+Champion+Hill
  • Options
    Just looked as I have never been to Dulwich Hamlet - so easy! 5 minute walk from Station, 14 minutes from London Bridge. I fancy this now. 
  • Options
    It would be nice to get a good crowd for this one. The last LSC Final Hendon played at Dulwich was against Brentford Bees and there were less than 20 Brentford fans in attendance. 
  • Options
    Bromley would have suited me much better. 
    Also plenty of Charlton fans living in the Bromley Borough. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Champion Hill's perfect for me, I just can't make Monday :-(

• Options
    I was hoping for Imber Court. I lived five minutes walk from Dulwich's ground for 15 years but alas no more. Have friends that follow Dulwich so I may make the effort.
  • Options
    Two buses.
    Excellent.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    It would be nice to get a good crowd for this one. The last LSC Final Hendon played at Dulwich was against Brentford Bees and there were less than 20 Brentford fans in attendance. 
    Interesting that Hendon reach the final a year after hosting it.

A decent turnout last year I recall, from both Charlton and Haringey.
  • Options
    edited April 26
    The last time I was at Dulwich Hamlet I played in a cup final. I played right back. The forward I was marking wasn’t getting any joy and moved to the other side of the pitch late on in the second half so I pushed forward. Next thing I was played through on a breakaway with only the keeper to beat. Unfortunately I missed which would have won the match. But we then went on to concede with 5 minutes remaining. And so Dulwich Hamlets brings back bad memories and I still have flashback. 🥸
  • Options
    With our new Dessio pitch, Charlton could host it next year if we win, Eurovision style.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Interesting that Hendon reach the final a year after hosting it.

A decent turnout last year I recall, from both Charlton and Haringey.
    Haringey had a huge turnout at last year's final (practically all of their fanbase). Charlton's following wasn't bad at all and the final was the best game last season at Silver Jubilee Park.

This is my 11th season as a Hendon regular and it will be the 5th time I've seen us in a LSC Final....two at Imber Court v Tooting & Mitcham, one at Hanwell v Brentford Bees, one at Champion Hill v Brentford Bees and now this one. It's been a good competition for us.
  • Options
    With Kanu in the first team,Toure in the U21s and Henry out on loan, it looks like we’re making copies of the Arsenal team of the early 2000s!
    Regens.

• Options
    With our new Dessio pitch, Charlton could host it next year if we win, Eurovision style.
    Like this?