Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Senior Cup 2023-24 - Final v Hendon, Mon 29th April 7:45pm @Dulwich Hamlet (p7)

Comments

• Options
    How long is Casey under contract for?

Think we need to get him a loan for next season.
  • Options
    Think he signed a 3 Year deal last year .But definitely agree a loan should be his next move , maybe National League South initially? 
  • Options
    Apologies just seen this feed.
  • Options
    Had an interesting chat with Howard Prosser, who took over ownership of Welling from Mark Goldberg two years ago. He readily admitted that the stadium is in a mess, but that the plan is for major surgery. Developers will be coming in and building homes at the end of the ground next to the main road and then a new stadium constructed behind it. This will take two years, and so they will be ground sharing with Tonbridge Angels for the next two seasons.
  • Options
    edited February 8
    I actually think Casey's goal scoring record is likely a little better than Kanu.  Going to be a star this boy.

As Patrick scored 42 goals last season in 18's and 21's I may have to concede 🤷🏻‍♂️

Casey is 13 months younger than Kanu and both excel in finishing in and around the box. As Daniel is finding out, it gets harder and you need to add the skills outside the box as your career advances into 1st team action as the amount of chances are fewer and the defenders are older and some built like Ryan Inniss who don't take prisoners!

Pleased that we have both at Cafc and appear to be smashing lads with talent.
  • Options
    Had an interesting chat with Howard Prosser, who took over ownership of Welling from Mark Goldberg two years ago. He readily admitted that the stadium is in a mess, but that the plan is for major surgery. Developers will be coming in and building homes at the end of the ground next to the main road and then a new stadium constructed behind it. This will take two years, and so they will be ground sharing with Tonbridge Angels for the next two seasons.
    Welling United don't appear to have applied for planning permission for any development yet.

https://wellingunited.activeboard.com/t70206716/ground-redevelopment/?page=1&sort=oldestFirst

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/threads/huge-announcements-by-non-league-clubs-that-came-to-nothing.12329/
  • Options
    I actually think Casey's goal scoring record is likely a little better than Kanu.  Going to be a star this boy.

As Patrick scored 42 goals last season in 18's and 21's I may have to concede 🤷🏻‍♂️

Casey is 13 months younger than Kanu and both excel in finishing in and around the box. As Daniel is finding out, it gets harder and you need to add the skills outside the box as your career advances into 1st team action as the amount of chances are fewer and the defenders are older and some built like Ryan Inniss who don't take prisoners!

Pleased that we have both at Cafc and appear to be smashing lads with talent.
    My completely unscientific rule of thumb, flawed no doubt, is if you get 40 goals a season as a youth player, you’ll likely get 30 a season as an U21 player in tougher conditions, and that reduces to 15-20 goals a season in even tougher men’s first team football.
    Maybe more in the conference leagues, and less further up the divisions.
    I reckon Kanu might settle as a reliable 15 goal a season striker at Championship level, but there are huge variations in that calculation.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Welling United don't appear to have applied for planning permission for any development yet.

https://wellingunited.activeboard.com/t70206716/ground-redevelopment/?page=1&sort=oldestFirst

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/threads/huge-announcements-by-non-league-clubs-that-came-to-nothing.12329/
    Welling fans are not in favour of the scheme. Fans not flats banner displayed at games. The changing rooms under their stand have been condemned.

I was told by one of their coaches that Erith & Belvedere will not agree to the project. 
  • Options
    That scheme would shift the pitch southwards, giving a 3 sided ground as the end terrace at the park end would be lost.

To me it's not no chance of being approved anyway.
  • Options
    Casey 💚🇮🇪
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sure I remember reading about a year ago, there would be seating or standing in front of the flats, move the pitch forward but then there will be no room for spectators at Danson Park end so a 3 sided stadium. Is this still the case do you know ?
  • Options
    The plans cannot be submitted until E&B agree. There will be four sides as plans will be amended.
    At the moment it is like a game of poker between Welling and E&B, as in E&B are holding out for as much money as possible, with welling obviously not wanting to part with any.
    E&B have to announce there new venue for 24-25 season by end of March I believe, as does Welling.
    Welling have (as I understand it) paid a retainer to Tonbridge for next season.
    Welling are looking for E&B to terminate the leasehold agreement, thereby making PVR solely Welling's ground.
    Potentially, E&B get a fixed sum and move out, Welling then submit application and do either of the following
    • Pay the minimum to keep at PVR for a further season whilst approvals take place and lose initial fee paid to Tonbridge. Taking over all E&B facilities.
    • Move to Tonbridge, although this will be for more than two seasons.
    The only other outcome is that neither side can reach agreement and the keys are simply handed back to the borough council.
    Then any new parties (whether this still be Welling as it is, or under a new limited company's banner) start afresh

Anyway, Welling's managers thoughts on last nights game

https://youtu.be/zAtGPa0WXpc?si=gVM432RHzdmZy3uK
  • Options
    |Thought the Charlton right back (No.2) showed a lot of promise. 
    Looked very comfortable on the ball and was not put off playing on the ball and attacking.
  • Options
    edited February 8
    Stringer's hair, teeth and February tan have made my day!
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Barking at home next round. 
    woof
    You're up the wrong tree
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Stringer's hair, teeth and February tan have made my day!
    Baby Klopp...
  • Options
    Brentwood Klopp!
  • Options

• Options
    The quarter-final tie against Barking is being played at Dartford on Tuesday 5th March, which unfortunately clashes with the first team game at Cheltenham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The quarter-finals that were scheduled for February got rained off so we're now due to be the first one to be played. 

Round 1: won away at Cockfosters, 3-2.
    Round 2: won away at Welling United, 2-1.
    Quarter Final: home against Barking, 5 March, to be played at Dartford. 
    Semi-final: away at Balham or Metropolitan Police 
    Final: To be played at Bromley FC, 30 April. Against one of Cray Wanderers, Dartford, Hendon or Sporting Bengal United.
  • Options
    For those who aren't going to Cheltenham or watching the stream, the quarter final is at Dartford at 7.30 tonight. Not sure how much admission is going to cost. If you're following on Twitter from the away end at Cheltenham, updates should be on the Academy twitter account, or you can find the opposition's tweets via their chosen hashtag of #WeAreBarking. I guess if everyone's going to make the same joke about your club's name, you may as well lean into it.
  • Options
    For those who aren't going to Cheltenham or watching the stream, the quarter final is at Dartford at 7.30 tonight. Not sure how much admission is going to cost. If you're following on Twitter from the away end at Cheltenham, updates should be on the Academy twitter account, or you can find the opposition's tweets via their chosen hashtag of #WeAreBarking. I guess if everyone's going to make the same joke about your club's name, you may as well lean into it.
    Their game was postponed on Saturday due to a waterlogged pitch, be aware of this for tonight.
  • Options

Fans can attend Tuesday's tie at Princes Park with tickets priced at £5 for adults and £3 for concessions, while 2023/24 season-ticket holders and Valley Gold members go free.

Live updates of the cup clash will be available via @CharltonAcademy on X - formerly known as Twitter.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/u21-cup-preview-charlton-v-barking

• Options
    It would be useful to know if a pitch inspection was happening.

I did ask on the X/Twitter academy account but didn't really expect to get a response.
  • Options
    Here’s how our U21s line up against Barking in this evening’s London Senior Cup tie: Ward; Hand, Toure, Gough (c), Enslin; Santos, Ladapo, Huke, Williams; Mbick, Casey

Subs: Sadler, Okwumo, Mwamba, Fullah, Okechukwu
  • Options
    Bring back the Prince!

Wonder if he's in Cheltenham?
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    It would be useful to know if a pitch inspection was happening.

I did ask on the X/Twitter academy account but didn't really expect to get a response.
    I think too many games are being played at Princes Park now, the pitch is struggling to cope.
  • Options
    Here’s how our U21s line up against Barking in this evening’s London Senior Cup tie: Ward; Hand, Toure, Gough (c), Enslin; Santos, Ladapo, Huke, Williams; Mbick, Casey

Subs: Sadler, Okwumo, Mwamba, Fullah, Okechukwu
    No first team squad getting minutes
  • Options
    3-0 up at half time. Mbick and then Casey twice.