Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Fraser - pg 29 - Joins Hearts on loan for rest of season

Comments

• Options
    Kips said:
    Whilst Fraser has been a massive disappointment this season, I would (until now) have been happy to see him back next season if NJ felt he could get a tune out of him. I think his ideal role is behind the front two and is where we have been most lacking viable options under NJ.

I sincerely hope and doubt we'll ever find out now whether we could have seen Fraser finally fulfill his potential for us, because I don't for a second think NJ will tolerate or want a player who congratulates goals that are scored against us whilst he is still on the payroll.

I don't feel that it's double standards to feel this way either.
    Definite no for me, and that was before Bonne’s goal. NJ plays Anderson in that role as his energy and aggression is must in the team, it makes us a lot harder to beat. We need players with that as well as ability on the ball. Fraser is never going to offer both sides of the game. He looked to me like a player happy to be on a decent contract without pushing himself too much.
  • Options
    Very likely to be a final day push of the transfer window to try and off load him to anyone who’s desperate for him. Can’t see him ever playing for Charlton again, unless he someone becomes capable of covering the amount of distance that Dobson/Anderson cover per a match. 
  • Options
    Think he's someone that will be hard to shift , I don't think anyone at League 1 level will be after him that's for sure. Probably a deadline day move north of the border 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    I dont see too much of a problem. Ex team mate scores a goal. And for Bonne it was his first goal for Cambridge. Just a thumbs up from a mate saying well done. 
    Drop him a text to say well done then. Don’t put it out there on a public forum, when you’re still an employee of the club scored against and that club subsidises your wages. 
    Yeah.....kids don't do texts or calls anymore. It's all on Insta or Twitter.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Luxury player, flattered to deceive and now showing his true colours. A bag egg who had a high opinion of himself. The sooner he’s permanently off the books the better.
    Not sure how he’s managed to develop such a high opinion of himself - he’s won about as much in the game as I have. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:
    Luxury player, flattered to deceive and now showing his true colours. A bag egg who had a high opinion of himself. The sooner he’s permanently off the books the better.
    Not sure how he’s managed to develop such a high opinion of himself - he’s won about as much in the game as I have. 
    He’s a too good for our level, just ask him 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Think he's someone that will be hard to shift , I don't think anyone at League 1 level will be after him that's for sure. Probably a deadline day move north of the border 
    He’s been crap for Hearts by all accounts so maybe not as easy to shift as we might hope. 
  • Options
    edited April 14
  • Options
    He managed 23 mins off the bench for Hearts yesterday.

We'll never get Fraser off the payroll unless we do a deal whereby we make up a proportion of the substantial shortfall in wages during the last year of his exorbitant contract should he manage to get a gig north of the border. It clearly won't be with Hearts, who appear to have taken little time to rumble him.
  • Options
    Could end up being a Kirk scenario where we end up paying him off🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    Yep, I’d say that’s a definite possibility. 
  • Options
    He couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding, and walks around the pitch pointing for the most part, usually where he wants his teammates to run to cover him. 
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    He managed 23 mins off the bench for Hearts yesterday.

We'll never get Fraser off the payroll unless we do a deal whereby we make up a proportion of the substantial shortfall in wages during the last year of his exorbitant contract should he manage to get a gig north of the border. It clearly won't be with Hearts, who appear to have taken little time to rumble him.
    Even that was because hearts were 4-2 up and have Rangers next week in the Scottish cup Semi final, he won’t get near the pitch at Hamden
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    League one Danny Murphy.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:
    Congrats on being the Eltham Pirlo ;-) 
  • Options
    Kips said:
    Whilst Fraser has been a massive disappointment this season, I would (until now) have been happy to see him back next season if NJ felt he could get a tune out of him. I think his ideal role is behind the front two and is where we have been most lacking viable options under NJ.

I sincerely hope and doubt we'll ever find out now whether we could have seen Fraser finally fulfill his potential for us, because I don't for a second think NJ will tolerate or want a player who congratulates goals that are scored against us whilst he is still on the payroll.

I don't feel that it's double standards to feel this way either.
    I’d rather play with 10 men than have him back. He’s a passenger. Totally disinterested for the most part of his time at Charlton. And let’s not forget his behaviour after we were tonked 6-0 at Ipswich. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    TelMc32 said:
    I dont see too much of a problem. Ex team mate scores a goal. And for Bonne it was his first goal for Cambridge. Just a thumbs up from a mate saying well done. 
    Drop him a text to say well done then. Don’t put it out there on a public forum, when you’re still an employee of the club scored against and that club subsidises your wages. 
    Fraser is 29. He's done that to be snide prick and surely you must be able to see that
    Well, it's not me thats been singing his name & calling him the Scottish Pirlo.

I couldn't give a toss what he does. He has a year left on his contract & if the fans & Jones want him gone you might have to be prepared to pay up his contract or get some other mug club to take him. 
  • Options
    Plus half a dozen others if you believe what Jones says. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    TelMc32 said:
    Fraser is 29. He's done that to be snide prick and surely you must be able to see that
    Well, it's not me thats been singing his name & calling him the Scottish Pirlo.

I couldn't give a toss what he does. He has a year left on his contract & if the fans & Jones want him gone you might have to be prepared to pay up his contract or get some other mug club to take him. 
    That should be Scottish Polo. 
    Every time he plays, there’s a hole in the middle. 

Bravo 👏