Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New England shirt 2024 & St George’s scandal

Comments

• Options
    Shirt's nice.

Couldn't care less about the flag issue.  Don't remember anyone whinging about the red missing from the Union Jack in 2012:

People need to stop worrying about minor changes to things that are apparently 'ruining this once great nation', like a small logo on a football top you can choose not to buy, and think about the things (and people) who are really screwing the country.
    Only they did

Stella McCartney's Team GB outfit for London 2012 comes under fire | Team GB | The Guardian

• Options
    Apparently lots of arguing online that it is the same colour scheme as the bi-sexual flag.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68634777

A massive shock as Germany will switch to Nike in 2027, after wearing Adidas for 70 years
    End of a 70 year era.

Hope the German people are ready for years and years of plain nike template kits
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    fenaddick said:
    Redhenry said:
    don't buy it, some things u just don't mess with...
    Did you have a problem with this kit too? image
    Yes, the whole kit was awful
    Difference between a kit being awful and "disrespecting the flag" though
  • Options
    Hi Chizz.

Can you please keep politics off of this page please.

Cheers.
    😉
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Shirt's nice.

Couldn't care less about the flag issue.  Don't remember anyone whinging about the red missing from the Union Jack in 2012:

People need to stop worrying about minor changes to things that are apparently 'ruining this once great nation', like a small logo on a football top you can choose not to buy, and think about the things (and people) who are really screwing the country.
    Only they did

Stella McCartney's Team GB outfit for London 2012 comes under fire | Team GB | The Guardian

A sports psychologist saying taking the red out takes subconscious fear of it away isn't the same thing as the current brouhaha.
  • Options
    Is the St George's cross even usually on the shirts? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Is the St George's cross even usually on the shirts? 
    i believe so in some form, i think the point is if your going to put a national flag on the shirt please at least have the national flag. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Please correct me if i'm wrong, but the England national team only adopted the St George cross within the last 25/30 years, Euro 96 maybe?? Before then the favoured flag was the Union Jack.
    Ahem, Union Flag

Re shirt - it’s a pretty lame and lazy design, so typical of Nike - changing the flag is weird, but why am I not surprised in this country these days

BUT £85 for a shirt - no thanks, I will pass
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    cafc999 said:
    fenaddick said:
    Redhenry said:
    Nobody would have an issue if the cross was monochrome - it isn't and Nike have highlighted it, why did they need to do that?

• Options
    cafc999 said:
    fenaddick said:
    cafc999 said:
    fenaddick said:
    Redhenry said:
    Nobody would have an issue if the cross was monochrome - it isn't and Nike have highlighted it, why did they need to do that?

Genuinely don't understand this, what's the issue with the colours? As far as I'm aware Nike haven't said they represent anything so why would monochrome be ok?
  • Options

is this OK to do?
  • Options
    edited March 22
    Cool, so for the 18th year in a row it a has either not been there at all or has been modified.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    cafc999 said:
    fenaddick said:
    cafc999 said:
    fenaddick said:
    Redhenry said:

Genuinely don't understand this, what's the issue with the colours? As far as I'm aware Nike haven't said they represent anything so why would monochrome be ok?

Why did Nike feel the need to say "Playful update" into the press release and now look at some of the images flying around and you will see

Lot's of clubs / teams have monochrome badges to make it appear fashionable, in fact England have done so on many an occasion and nobody has batted an eyelid.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently lots of arguing online that it is the same colour scheme as the bi-sexual flag.

Except it isn’t 
  • Options
    Tbh if you dont like just dont buy it ? What difference does it make to your life if someone else wants to wear a purple cross instead of a red one.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Yes, the real outrage is the price - that is shocking
    How much is it again £100 ?
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Yes, the real outrage is the price - that is shocking
    How much is it again £100 ?
    £85 for the replica
    £125 for the player version (and yes, their is a difference)

• Options
    edited March 22
    cafc999 said:
    Shirt's nice.

Only they did

And what a nightmare London 2012 was for Team GB
  • Options
    Ok £85 isnt too bad but £125 ? Though saying that im saying £85 isnt too bad if i was a single parent or on low income i suppose it could be too much.

Aswell its mainly gonna target kids isnt it ? As a man in my 30s ive kind of outgrown the trend of buying the latest football shirt and on the occasion i do its usually just a vintage style.
  • Options
    The price is the thing worth getting bothered about. Kit prices are getting absolutely out of hand and with most teams changing 3 shirts a year at £85 a go it's just becoming a cashgrab.