Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Bearman has driven a brilliant race - could beat Hamilton here!
  • Options
    Think Ollie has just upped his pace enough to keep the Norris/Hamilton battle at bay. Don't think he's going to quite catch George. 
  • Options
    He’s got to get the driver of the day vote, would be great for him.
  • Options
    He’s got to get the driver of the day vote, would be great for him.
    Currently has 46% of the vote, I think he’ll do it!!
  • Options
    He's exceeded even my expectations tonight has Ollie... Watched his onboard most of the race, as he's just been so consistent!!

Never expected him to get P7, let alone finish ahead of Norris and Hamilton.

GET HIM IN THAT HAAS FOR 2025!!
  • Options
    7th place, fucking brilliant. 
  • Options
    edited March 9
    Even better for the Bearman family having Elkann in the Garage with them - lol!... Ollie is complaining about not getting longer on the Soft tyre.

Seems he's also said that his drink was going everywhere but his mouth... Was he even able to stay properly hydrated in a tough track?
  • Options
    Ayo Komatsu is surely straight down to speak to Elkaan and Vasseur about securing Ollie for 2025. What a sensational job. 
  • Options
    Oddly I would rather Hamilton stayed at Merc and Ferrari take a punt on Bearman. Feels like Lewis is slowly losing the raw pace edge with age …. He’s still got the racing brain but not the raw pace at nearly 40. I’m not convinced Ferrari made the right decision.

Bearman is on the up. 
  • Options
    edited March 9
    I'd love to see Bearman in Australia on that showing.

Wont happen of course

He just looked so comfortable - Wonder what he could have done had he qualified a lot better, having familiarity with the car
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Im not so invested in the Bearman love fest and just found it an utter bore of a race sadly
  • Options
    Can tell not much happened as it's just wall to wall coverage of Bearmam
  • Options
    Im not so invested in the Bearman love fest and just found it an utter bore of a race sadly
    The race was dogshit but a Brit making a last minute debut in a Ferrari, finishing 7th and beating the likes of Hamilton is something special mate. 
  • Options
    Terrible weekend for Magnussen... Two 10sec penalties, and the kid who could pinch his seat next year is flying.
    What the hell has Magnussen done to the stewards? Is he shagging their wives or something? The penalties he received were way too harsh. I reckon one "Give the place back Kevin" and one 5-second penalty would have been fair. 2 x 10-seconds is ridiculous! 
  • Options
    Massa has lost his marbles completely - they give him the title or even compensate him, are we gonna have Hamilton doing the same for Abu Dhabi? Damon Hill for '94? Prost for '90?

Fucking ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited March 12
    Only the lawyers are going to come out of this well. Absolutely no idea why Massa is taking this to the High Court and trying to sue Bernie is crazy. 
  • Options
    Massa has lost his marbles completely - they give him the title or even compensate him, are we gonna have Hamilton doing the same for Abu Dhabi? Damon Hill for '94? Prost for '90?

Fucking ridiculous.
    It's a shame Maradona's dead or England could be 2 x World Cup Winners. 
  • Options

Fucking ridiculous.
    Reckon Michael could have a case of 97 but I’m a biased fan. It’s something that should be put to bed now.massa needs to move on. 
  • Options
    The Red Bull/Horner story is not going away yet:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/68585318
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68623596

I bloody love the fact Lewis doesnt give a shit and will just call everything out thats going on with the sport.

The FIA scenario is a fucking joke. 'They investigated themselves and cleared themselves of any wrongdoing' has never been more apt.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68623596

I bloody love the fact Lewis doesnt give a shit and will just call everything out thats going on with the sport.

The FIA scenario is a fucking joke. 'They investigated themselves and cleared themselves of any wrongdoing' has never been more apt.
    bring back Balestre, it would never have happened in his day!!
  • Options
    Would expect Nikola Tsolov to be getting a far large bollocking if not a race ban for the antics he's just pulled in F3 practice. 
  • Options
    Horrendous driving - he should be stood down for the weekend.
  • Options
    That’s unreal. Thought he was at the dodgems 
  • Options
    Alpine Academy and managed by Alonsos management company too I believe..... That's a horrendous look in front of the F1 paddock. 
  • Options
    Poor Quali from Bearman (Heard that before), especially given Antonelli's result

Was Ollie impacted by Yellow Flags? - Seeing a lot on Social Media suggesting that the top four put in too impressive a time, given the flags at the time

Also looks like Albon is getting Sargeant's car for the weekend
  • Options
    Albon stuffed it into the wall, then gets Sergeant's car.

Vowles can talk all he wants, Williams are just as shonky as ever and they have no confidence in their second driver at all. I'll be amazed if he's there through the whole season
  • Options
    I think Logan is gone at the end of the season ,  I don't see an obvious in season replacement that isn't already signed in other series unless Mercedes throw them Fred Vesti. 
  • Options
    Horrendous driving - he should be stood down for the weekend.
    3 Grid place penalty apparently