Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone going to V festival this weekend?

Party time!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• I'm sure there will be some there - otherwise the organisers will be taking a massive bath. Hope this helps.
  • Was supposed to be but haven't received my tickets and now have a very dodgy collect from venue. So probs not a hope in hell now of receiving them. Oh well at least I paid by credit card and have been assured by my credit card company that I will be get my money back eventually.

For anyone who is interested don't use a ticket agency called sos master ticket. Total fraudsters and sounds like there are going to be a lot of disappointed people around for a lot of future events if the posts on a lot of sites are true.

Have a great time dancing in the rain and chatting to lots of mental people. Wish i could be there, not gonna miss the lovely toilets though!
  • I'm there this weekend.

There are 7 of us who will be dressing up one of the days as:

Ultimate Warrior
    Papa Shango (me)
    Jake the Snake
    Sgt. Slaughter
    Rick Flair
    British Bulldog
    Rowdy Roddy Piper

Say hello if you're there and if you want a free mojito, go here: http://www.bacardi.com/#/uk/en-gb/festivaldrinkonus
  • I think you definitely got the best one to dress up as WSS! Are you going to put a curse on The Ultimate Warrior and make him throw up all day?
  • I'll be there. Picked up my tickets yesterday - well wristbands as they don't do tickets now! Gonna practice putting up the new, stupidly large tent that me and my sister got in the sales and trying to find the camping stove later :-) I'm really looking forward to it and hoping that it doesn't rain because I want to take my wellies back to the shop for a refund if possible!
  • Yep, I'm there with about 30 of my scumbag mates and various women. Most of whom are in red camp and me one of my more unstable mates and a hanful of women are in yellow
  • All you people coming to lovely Essex please behave yourselves while your here :-) Wilma you should have said i've got camping stoves
  • We're there sunday! All civilised and clean for the day! :-)
  • edited August 2009
    Ps who are those people you have to dress up as - cos I read your one as a funky spelling of papa smurf?
  • Just got an invite from Gemma Arterton (bond girl yes, yes) to come & VIP it up with her and her sister (my mates wife) on the promise I don't bring the fella I'm camping with.

Dilemma!! I can't leave my wingman, you never leave your wingman! Buuuuuuut, a day spent harrasing pretty famous women is a bit hard to turn down and it will be free (why is it famous & rich people get so much free shit)

What do I do?
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm in yellow, tempted to pack my Charlton shirt but the missus would kill me!
  • Bring it mate, my Charlton flag is stashed up in my old local So I'm just going to graffiti the tent instead. I think it's fair to say you will stand out!

Does any of the Medway express want my ticket for Saturday? Give me a bell if so
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Ps who are those people you have to dress up as - cos I read your one as a funky spelling of papa smurf?

They are WWF wrestlers from the 80's & 90's Suzi :0)
  • Suze:

213030-papa_shango_aka_the_godfather_large.jpg
  • This Thread should be Re-titled I am Plastic blowing out watching Charlton go top of the league to go to a Music Festival.

:-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Just got an invite from Gemma Arterton (bond girl yes, yes) to come & VIP it up with her and her sister (my mates wife) on the promise I don't bring the fella I'm camping with.

Dilemma!! I can't leave my wingman, you never leave your wingman! Buuuuuuut, a day spent harrasing pretty famous women is a bit hard to turn down and it will be free (why is it famous & rich people get so much free shit)

What do I do?

Easy - start with your mate, then 'lose' him in the crowd. Nip off join the vips, then several hours later dump some booze over you, and say you couldnt find him so went down the front where it has been carbage !!!
  • Me, sunday, oasis
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'm there this weekend.

There are 7 of us who will be dressing up one of the days as:

Ultimate Warrior
    Papa Shango (me)
    Jake the Snake
    Sgt. Slaughter
    Rick Flair
    British Bulldog
    Rowdy Roddy Piper

Say hello if you're there and if you want a free mojito, go here:http://www.bacardi.com/#/uk/en-gb/festivaldrinkonus

you ARE jake the snake
  • edited August 2009
    More like Andy Kaufman

5bygone.jpegI went to V in 2003, great line up but the festival felt very corporate and lack the vibe of other festivals.
  • Really fod? What comparison! I honestly just can't imagine you at glastonbury.
    I do agree with you, hence why we're only going for day but just wondering what other fests you've been to out of curiosity!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I honestly just can't imagine you at glastonbury
    Huh?!
  • What I'm asking, what other fests are you comparing it too?
  • There's load of druids and stuff there though Suz isn't there?

I'm gonna drop a piledriver on westside when I bump into him
  • A friend has just got shafted with forged tickets. . . .if anyone hears of 2 going spare could you whisper me please, ta.
  • My brother just rang me and he's fuming because Oasis never played last night and they're not playing today either it's just been announced. Not a great atmosphere with lots of drunk angry people.
  • I thought Lily Allen was meant to be on yesterday, but saw her at the Test Match ?
  • Maybe Lily's discovered the art of time travel ;)
  • just watching highlights of today. Bit of a cheesy pop fest. And katie perry stop holding on to your jubblys when you jump. its not fair.
  • It wasn't the best although wss looked like he was having a good time.

Cancelled train to london got the day off to a bad start. Missed half of ocs whilst getting in and queuing at the tokens booth then the beer tent. Queues massive everywhere.

Saw proclaimers, athelete, joe lean and the jing jang jong then spent 1/2 walking across field to tiny gap to get thru to arena stage where I heard the last song by ladyhawke from afar. Then got in queue for toilets which was a joke and humungous so missed half of the streets. Dec queued at bar only to turn back as there was a crush and he was missing streets. Then we got food - fat of pork in a bap which took 15 mins to queue for. Then attempted the bar again. Dec got 3 drinks but the crush made him drop one. Not impressed. Listened to human league as the crossing to other stages for elbow were chocca blocked. Saw lady gaga, I say saw, couldn't get anywhere near. Decs sister missed most of it due to bar queues where security stood on bar to push people back. We then decided to leave as the options were keane or snow patrol and we didn't fancy getting in a crush getting out if we stayed for mgmt.sadly as our exit was in a certain direction, we had to endure 2 snowpatrol songs and keane 'rocking out' argh! Got on bus and train straight away then got off at stratford - jubilee line shut. Sat on dlr for 55 mins and when at lewisham had missed train by 5 mins. Got bus from lewisham and only thing open was morelys who sold us mangy 4 day old chicked covered with mayo.

Won't be going again. My friends camping had a great time, which I'm glad for but it was badly laid out, badly organised - not helped by oasis pulling out which must have messed up their crowd expectations for all stages.

Oh and dec had tickets for the ashes today, although pleased to have won - that was annoying too.

Now shattered and on way to work thinking y'day was a big waste of time and money. Not usually this negative and miserable but that frankly took the piss.
  • I'm off to Shambala on Thursday ....... now that's a cool mellow festival. Always loved it, the times I've been before.