Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Replace Red Red Robin??

12346»

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn’t mind us coming out to Red Red Robin & then closely followed by ‘ Into the Valley’ if people need a tune more upbeat before the game ! 
  • Options
    To get the place right up for it. 
    Someone said.

Well if your not up for it piss off to Millwall!

NO Keep the  Red Red Robin.
  • Options
    Yesterday was our 108th league meeting with Pompey. They are the team we've met most.

League only

1 Pompey 108
    2 Middlesbrough 96
    3 Bolton 90
    4 Derby 87 (88 on Tuesday)
    5 Huddersfield 86
    6 Sunderland 78
    7 Norwich 75
    = 8 Millwall & Wolves 74
    10 Plymouth 74

We've played also Boro 10 times in cups but haven't had time to work out the other opponents cup games. We played Pompey in the Anglo Italian cup and Derby in the FA Cup Final.

Only Millwall are a London side.
    Should that be Pompeii?
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    On Saturday Curbs had a story about a Tony Cottee anecdote (or did Curbs have an anecdote about a Tony Cotte story?), that when he used to play at the Valley he would get nervous with it being a derby game and the Valley being quite intimidating, then the Red Red Robin would come on and all his angst would immediately disappear. 

I'm still for keeping it though
    Last Saturday? I dont remember that at all and I’m pretty sure I was tuned in for all of it. I certainly heard your WhatsApp message being read out😉

Then again, I only just worked out that Gribbo is an anagram of  Big Rob, so …🤣
  • Options
    edited February 27
    masicat said:
    We could change shirts to blue, ground share with Millwall, have a Sparrow as our mascot and like Crystal Palace. Is this bloke winding us up? FFS
    He asked a question about the RRR, that's all. I didn't take it as a personal affront or wind up and saw no harm in answering it. And if he asked about the other things you mentioned, I'd do the same. I doubt I'd damn his eyes and offer to meet him at dawn 😉
  • Options
    Good enough for Billy Cotton, Al Jolson, Dean Martin & Louis Armstrong................definately good enough for me.
  • Options
    edited February 27
    Tony Gale (or Cottee depending on who you believe) getting involved, but what does Shay Given think?
  • Options
    Yesterday was our 108th league meeting with Pompey. They are the team we've met most.

League only

1 Pompey 108
    2 Middlesbrough 96
    3 Bolton 90
    5 Huddersfield 86
    6 Sunderland 78
    7 Norwich 75
    = 8 Millwall & Wolves 74
    10 Plymouth 74

We've played also Boro 10 times in cups but haven't had time to work out the other opponents cup games. We played Pompey in the Anglo Italian cup and Derby in the FA Cup Final.

Pretty sure we played Huddersfield about 85 times in one season a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    a dynamic bunch of thrusting
    Sounds like my valentines night. 
  • Options

League only

1 Pompey 108
    2 Middlesbrough 96
    3 Bolton 90
    5 Huddersfield 86
    6 Sunderland 78
    7 Norwich 75
    = 8 Millwall & Wolves 74
    10 Plymouth 74

85 of those games took place between 2013 - 2015. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don’t agree with the 4 things Clive Harris said - id swop the sword badge for the Addicks but of course the valley, playing in red and the red red robin are the other 3 - the badge is more iconic than the relatively recently re discovered addicks - never heard of the addicks being a thing when I was a kid and means naff all to me and I suspect a lot of others in comparison to the badge 
  • Options
    Excellent 

Is Paul Tracey a Charlton fan or did @SE7toSG3 write that?

Still needed a 78RPM of the original for the museum.

We have vinyl 45s including the one @BDL played on 5/12/92 and a gold disc version.

Its the disc that was used by Bill Prosser on that day, my first game spinning the wheels of steel was against Birmingham City on the 14th August 1993.
  • Options
    On Sunday Curbs told a story about how Tony Adams used to get nervous playing against us at The Valley. Then he would come out to Red Red Robin and it would instantly alleviate his nerves.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    On Sunday Curbs told a story about how Tony Adams used to get nervous playing against us at The Valley. Then he would come out to Red Red Robin and it would instantly alleviate his nerves.
    No, I think it was Gale Tylsley  
  • Options
    Returning to the North London Forever discussion, I was sadly at a Funeral yesterday for a friend who was an Arsenal fan, and they played North London Forever in the service which was a nice touch.

I had a few other Arsenal mates there.

When I said I didn’t know anything about it until I read about it on a Charlton forum, they exclaimed ‘“Really?”
    I replied “Why would I as I don’t support Arsenal”.

And that sums Arsenal fans up to me, thinking that the whole of football revolves around their team.

• Options
    A rock n roll version of RRR specially recorded in the 1970s, the museum were told, during Andy Nelson's successful run.
  • Options
    It was later re-issued with a German pressing.

• Options
    A rock n roll version of RRR specially recorded in the 1970s, the museum were told, during Andy Nelson's successful run.
    Yep I have that record in my collection