Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace fans embarrassing themselves again

Comments

• Options
    Hope it's nothing serious and he gets well soon, then decides.maybe 76 is too old to be in such a stressful and full-on job and jacks it in for a happy retirement.
    Getting hassled by morons cant help.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Palace fans should hold Roy with the highest esteem. He came out of retirement because Palace was heading for relegation material under Viera and stopped the rot. 

I disliked Liverpool over their treatment of Roy. 
    I've nothing against Hodgson but i always thought this was a bit misleading. Last season they had a poor run of form for a couple of months that led to them sacking Vieira but they had a very tough run of games. They played Man U twice, Brighton twice, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, Villa, City and Arsenal and went winless in that run.

Hodgson took over and they basically had all the bottom half sides left to play. In his first 3 games they beat the 3 teams who ended up going down. I remember there being a general opinion at the time that if they'd kept Vieira then he would've also got results against those sides and they'd have been fine.
  • Options
    That was quick! 
  • Options
    First time I’ve seen a pic of this Glasner bloke. He was good in Ozark.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Goes on a bit but I don't want others to suffer by going on to their website... 

Crystal Palace F.C. are pleased to confirm the appointment of Oliver Glasner as manager.

The 49-year-old Austrian has signed a deal to become the Eagles' boss until the end of the 2025/2026 season.

Most recently, Glasner managed Eintracht Frankfurt to historic success winning the 2021/22 UEFA Europa League, the club’s first continental trophy in more than 40 years. This was achieved in Glasner’s first season in charge of Die Adler (‘the Eagles’).

That campaign saw Glasner’s team go unbeaten in Europe, eliminating Barcelona at the Camp Nou along the way. The following year, Frankfurt went on to reach a German Cup final and the Champions League last 16, and once again qualified for Europe for the following season.

Glasner previously managed Austrian teams SV Ried, where he made more than 550 appearances and won two cups as a player; as well as LASK, whom he guided from the second tier to European qualification in just three seasons, before earning a place in the Champions League qualifiers in his fourth.

The Austrian also won plaudits for his two seasons at VfL Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga, earning the third-highest points total in the club’s history and securing Champions League qualification with a top-four finish.

Chairman Steve Parish said: “I’m delighted to welcome Oliver to the club. He has an outstanding record, and we believe he is the right manager to take the club forward at this pivotal stage.

“Wherever Oliver has gone so far in his managerial journey, success has been quick to follow, and we believe his ambition, as well as his exciting and attacking approach, is the perfect fit for getting the most from our talented young squad in the remainder of this Premier League season and beyond.”

Oliver Glasner said: “I am very happy to join Crystal Palace F.C. as manager. I am looking forward to working with the talented squad, meeting the club’s supporters and experiencing the Selhurst Park atmosphere I have heard so much about. It has been a pleasure to meet with Steve and Dougie, and I am looking forward to working with them to achieve our goals.”

Oliver’s coaching staff will be confirmed in due course.

Crystal Palace F.C. would like to thank The Football Association for their prompt assistance in providing the relevant Governing Body Endorsements, and to the Home Office for processing the applications so efficiently.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I gave up reading it when I got to the 4th paragraph some frivolous link cos he managed another team that uses the nickname eagles.
  • Options
    The transfer budget is in a load of suitcases in a graveyard. 
  • Options
    Haha, that's what I thought.
  • Options
    Oh dear, what a come down for the poor man.  May i wish him the worst of luck?
  • Options
    I’m watching Everton vs Palshit - my word, 2 dreadful sides, what a terrible game of football so far 
  • Options
    Wish him all the best with his recovery.
    Slightly puzzled by this kindly Gentleman persona though.
    Always thought he was a short tempered, prickly, arsey bugger back in the day
    I agree - the man has absolutely no sense of humour. 
  • Options
    I’m watching Everton vs Palshit - my word, 2 dreadful sides, what a terrible game of football so far 
    Why on Earth are you watching it if it’s that bad and palace are not getting turned over ?
  • Options
    Glasner is an annoyingly good appointment. Lets hope it goes Pete Tong though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This has been the key to them staying up for so long, continually appointing good managers.
  • Options
    This has been the key to them staying up for so long, continually appointing good managers.
    I was hoping they were going to go for a Frank De Boer redemption story! 
  • Options
    They had a German football expert talking about Glasner on Talksport yesterday. Sounds like a good manager, unfortunately, but the guy said he has a bit of a history of falling out with people and unlikely to stick around for that long. 

Hoped but never truly believed they'd go down this year. Now convinced that they'll stay up comfortably. 3 stronger sides coming up next season though, so maybe their luck will finally run out. Parris always seems to make the right change at the right time though.
  • Options
    To be fair I was wholly basing my assessment on the way he smiled and nodded politely me in return to me doing the same as we passed briefly on Garrick Street a few years ago.  :D
  • Options
    Why on Earth are you watching it if it’s that bad and palace are not getting turned over ?
    I watched the first half and it wasn't very good but didn't watch the second half as Palace looked more likely to score.
  • Options
    To be fair I was wholly basing my assessment on the way he smiled and nodded politely me in return to me doing the same as we passed briefly on Garrick Street a few years ago.  :D
    The silly old duffer probably thought he'd pulled Rodders :D