Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The £5 pint

Comments

• Options
    I paid £1.80 for a pint of Fosters in 'The Ardwick' Blackpool, before the game at Blackpool ten days ago.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    The Crofts, outskirts of Cardiff, just paid £3.30 for a pint of Coors. Been drinking Guinness up until now at £4.10 a pint. Great little pub
    And thats why I love Cardiff. Even in the city you can still get shit faced & have enough money left over for a bag of chips at Dirty Dots 🤩🤗❤️
  • Options
    clive said:
    I paid £1.80 for a pint of Fosters in 'The Ardwick' Blackpool, before the game at Blackpool ten days ago.
    Blimey Clive, didn't know you have a voice. Welcome to the forum mate 😉
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    never good to play cricket when drunk
    Criminally underappreciated comment
  • Options
    clive said:
    Fosters? You see, they had to nearly give it away to get rid of it :)

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh5Dnj0a4hQ

How many pints has this bloke had?
  • Options
    clive said:
    That was still too much!!
  • Options
    Over 10 years since this thread started. Wonder when we will see the first ten pound pint?
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Over 10 years since this thread started. Wonder when we will see the first ten pound pint?
    Does a Gin nTonic in Sweden count?
  • Options
    If it was a pint I don't see why not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe the feed should be called the £10 pint 
  • Options
    Paid £4.50 for a pint of Guinness in Hardys on Friday evening.
  • Options
    edited February 7
    I was going to give up drinking when beer reached a pound a pint. At that time (1981) a pint of Guinness in The Ship in Dartford was 80p.

(...when this was all fields, ...and still have change from a fiver etc etc)
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    It's arrived, at least at pro rata price
    Can of Guinness in the O2 Islington Academy £7.75 - that's a regular 440ml can so near enough 3/4 of a pint - makes it £10 per pint
    Thieving wankers
    That's more than 5 times what we can get it for in supermarkets so at least 10 times what they're getting it in for
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    If it was a pint I don't see why not.
    I was looking at price, a pint and the consequences are wow.
    Anyway, Mrs Elfs wanted a G n T in my old local in Sweden 12 months ago, £13 said she did not have another one.
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    WHAddick said:
    Can of Guinness in the O2 Islington Academy £7.75 - that's a regular 440ml can so near enough 3/4 of a pint - makes it £10 per pint
    Thieving wankers
    That's more than 5 times what we can get it for in supermarkets so at least 10 times what they're getting it in for
    Outrageous, a £200 night out potentially.
  • Options
    Soon we'll be singing from the rooftops if any pint clocks in at under £5
  • Options
    edited February 8
    Billy_Mix said:
    WHAddick said:
    Thieving wankers
    You have my sympathy in spades.

Cutting a long story short I paid £7 (given reais to sterling exchange) for a 440ml Guiness can.
    I footed the bill for our Brazilian friends, the geezer found it very funny he could get four 600ml bottles along the beach for the same price.
    Next time in João Pessoa contact me beforehand!
  • Options
    When I was back in UK over new years, couldn't believe how much it has gone up.. When I left to move to the Middle East it was 3.50 a pint in most places, but my sports club was 2 quid.. And Dubai was 10 quid (50aed) - happy hours 6.50 (30aed)
    Roll on 10 years later 7 - 10.50 quid I was paying in Kent and London (borough market) where in Dubai it is still 50aed or 35aed happy hour!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paid £10.50 for a pint of Salt DIPA in Deptford last night...my choice of course, but not something I'll be doing very often...
  • Options
    Paid £10.50 for a pint of Salt DIPA in Deptford last night...my choice of course, but not something I'll be doing very often...
    Trouble is prices aren't clearly marked in most pubs and I hate asking how much a certain beer costs. Did you know the price before it was poured?
  • Options
    Trouble is prices aren't clearly marked in most pubs and I hate asking how much a certain beer costs. Did you know the price before it was poured?

The price was clearly marked on a board behind the bar...trouble is, I didn't have my glasses on and so was looking at the price for 2/3rds of a pint (£7.80 I think it was)... It was a nice drink and I'm all for supporting independent brewers but, at that price, my support is going to be limited to the odd pint...
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    WHAddick said:
    Thieving wankers

Notwithstanding £7.75 is a piss take, 02 and supermarkets are not marking up at 50% from cost to retail price.  
  • Options
    £8 pint in a Cotswolds pub last week. Eight pounds!!!

Grim. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    £8 pint in a Cotswolds pub last week. Eight pounds!!!

Grim. 
    The Clarkson's Head?
  • Options
    Went Amsterdam at the weekend. Pretty much 10 euro a pint everywhere you went, so it’s not just London.
  • Options
    Went Amsterdam at the weekend. Pretty much 10 euro a pint everywhere you went, so it’s not just London.
    Around 7 euro a pint in Marseille.
    Happy Hour is your friend... 5 euro a pint. 
  • Options
    Amsterdam is a very expensive city. Was about £7 a pint in Belgium when I went recently but their beer is pretty strong so didn’t mind too much. Vienna which I always thought was expensive was around the same, if not a bit cheaper. 
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    WHAddick said:
    Thieving wankers
    Outrageous, a £200 night out potentially.
    What, only 25 cans a night?