Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Port Vale Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 6th January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Cloudworm said:
    TBF glad all over is a really good football song

• Options
    Cloudworm said:
    TBF glad all over is a really good football song
    Pass the flamethrower Admin...
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    How can we have 62% possession yet only two shots to their 11
    No one will take a shot unless they are inside the six yard box. Should have had a dig at goal just before they scored but faffed around until the opportunity was snuffed out. 
  • Options
    Ikpeazu is the sort of big unit we need to play in front of Alfie. Doubt he scores many, but he’s a nuisance and will win the ball while a more talented striker arrives to finish it off.
  • Options
    Is there any difference between the hand balls? Both close range, both arms up. I don't understand the laws anymore. 
  • Options
    What is this analysis of the free kick?

Hahaha

The keeper claimed it with ease. Dobson clearly wasn't aiming there. 
  • Options
    First one was handball as well we were lucky. 🍀 
  • Options
    We're doing good enough here. Winner will come if Appleton holds his nerve and doesn't make defensive subs too soon.
  • Options
    Louie Watson.  Scandalous he's sat on the bench for weeks on end.

Daniel Kanu.  Scandalous he's stranded up front alone. Again. 

We have nothing on our bench to change the game. 

Can only see one inevitable result.  Sadly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:
    Is there any difference between the hand balls? Both close range, both arms up. I don't understand the laws anymore. 

Hector's hand wasn't up?

Anderson's hands were clearly raised. No protests from any Charlton players says it all.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    How can we have 62% possession yet only two shots to their 11
    Yep
  • Options
    Talal said:

Hector's hand wasn't up?

Anderson's hands were clearly raised. No protests from any Charlton players says it all.
    We don't seem to protest anything - In some ways its refreshing, in other ways its frustrating.
  • Options
    Two takes on that half that convince me Appleton is clueless.

Playing one up front is pointless. Poor old Kanu hasn't got a hope in hell winning anything.

And how on earth has Louie Watson not been playing. If only one of Watson and Appleton can stay, goodbye Appleton.

We'll do well to come away with a point if Vale keep this pressure up.
    What formation you playing and which players that we have available to have 2 up top?

And for all the forums waxing lyrical about Watson- shock horror we basically ended up looking like have every match in the last couple of months - and so far have the result to match it. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Ikpeazu is the sort of big unit we need to play in front of Alfie. Doubt he scores many, but he’s a nuisance and will win the ball while a more talented striker arrives to finish it off.
    That is what Tedic was supposed to do
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    We're doing good enough here. Winner will come if Appleton holds his nerve and doesn't make defensive subs too soon.
    Ot too late
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    se9addick said:
    That is what Tedic was supposed to do
    Quite, but I’ve seen both play and I can say with confidence which does it better!
  • Options
    They look like they have one more player than us!
    Watson contributes more than Fraser.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Hector's hand wasn't up?

We don't seem to protest anything - In some ways its refreshing, in other ways its frustrating.

It was so blatant though. Nobody in the crowd protested either...
  • Options
    Talal said:

Hector's hand wasn't up?

Well it wasn't down by his side. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pompey winning 0-1
  • Options

46' Back under way in Staffordshire...

• Options
    Yeaaaa players are back under way... Lets get this party started
  • Options
    Chelts 1-1 Pompey
  • Options
    Jones needs to be careful, they will try and get that second yellow, maybe a change for Thomas would be an idea before that happens
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Pompey winning 0-1
    Not anymore
  • Options

Back under way. Charlton shooting towards the visiting fans this half
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Pompey winning 0-1
    Not anymore
    See above
  • Options
    Think the one sole factor I dislike about T.Campbell is he seems far too lightweight at times, and too eager to jump out of a 50/50
  • Options
    1. 48'

Post update

Corner, Port Vale. Conceded by George Dobson.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!