Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• Options
    Its done.Been done for months.New owners want to remain anonymous forever.If it hadn't,The Valley would be a Tesco extra by now and we'd all be following Gillingham.

;-)
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    IF it's anything to do with AEG then my guess is they are preoccupied with all things Wacko Jacko and might not want to do anything until they know if they are getting their arses sued off the by the Jackson 4
    just a thought
  • Options
    The takeover being held up by the death of MJ, fantastic, best one i've heard yet. Well done!
  • Options
    er yes - just a thought - one you should keep in your own head and not share it with the world. unless of course you were joking.
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me what time this afternoon's press conference officially starts?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Can anyone tell me what time this afternoon's press conference officially starts?

• Options
    Thought it was 4.15
  • Options
    I'm going for 3.45.
  • Options
    I blame 9/11, The BNP, The Illuminati, Opus Dei, Nick Gray, Jonathan Ackworth, the Polish bird in my office this morning with the figure to die for, Boots reward cards, Sarah Palin, The NHS(how topical am I?), Jermaine Defoe, and Jeremy Kyle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Can anyone tell me what time this afternoon's press conference officially starts?[/quote]

2.30[/quote]

Is there a press conference this afternoon? Surely the team will be on its way to hartlepool. The team conference was yeseterday
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I blame 9/11, The BNP, The Illuminati, Opus Dei, Nick Gray, Jonathan Ackworth, the Polish bird in my office this morning with the figure to die for, Boots reward cards, Sarah Palin, The NHS(how topical am I?), Jermaine Defoe, and Jeremy Kyle.

Any Luton vans been ordered E?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Can anyone tell me what time this afternoon's press conference officially starts?

Is there a press conference this afternoon? Surely the team will be on its way to hartlepool. The team conference was yeseterday
    I guess the team doesn't need to be there to discuss new owners/plans etc.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I blame 9/11, The BNP, The Illuminati, Opus Dei, Nick Gray, Jonathan Ackworth, the Polish bird in my office this morning with the figure to die for, Boots reward cards, Sarah Palin, The NHS(how topical am I?), Jermaine Defoe, and Jeremy Kyle.

Any Luton vans been ordered E?

If I told you, I would have to kill you afterwards, specifically no long ones anyway :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So you're NOT denying it then E.........I'm now beggining to sit up and take notice!! LOL.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm heading down there incase these owners need to know what we are about please add any comments you need discussing as i have a very short list for them.

1. ordering tickets on the blower
    2. Ticlet office queues
    3. Clean seats
    4. the sun getting in the covered end.
    5. Beer no bottled.
    6. Andy Gray should have a free transfer.
    7. why was the fans forum meeting cancelled
    8. Why the quid extra for valley express.
    9. Why are the 1st not here!!!
    10. Why can't WSS sit with his dad ;-)

Anything please add
  • Options
    How much Waggott is getting paid?
  • Options
    12. who is to blame dowie, murray, wagott, pardew, parky
  • Options
    13: Does natural yoghurt really work?
  • Options
    14. Who Shot JR Ewing?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    16 Who stole number 15?
  • Options
    Come on, keep to topic
  • Options
    17: Why was Llera wearing Dicksons #17 shorts on Saturday?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    18. How many Board members does it take to change a lightbulb?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ERed[/cite]14. Who Shot JR Ewing?

Who shot Lloyd Sam in the car park in Ireland?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    19. Was it all a dream?
  • Options
    I just think that we will be taken over and the annoucement will happen just before/after the transfer window closes.
    For me it just makes sense that regardless how much money will be brought in that we do not show our cards. I reckon we are currently signing/talking to players and getting them at a normal price
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE7 Expat[/cite]I just think that we will be taken over and the annoucement will happen just before/after the transfer window closes.
    For me it just makes sense that regardless how much money will be brought in that we do not show our cards. I reckon we are currently signing/talking to players and getting them at a normal price
    There will be no significant, additional funding. Any transfers will have to be paid for by fees received.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]There will be no significant, additional funding. Any transfers will have to be paid for by fees received.

I don't think there will be millions, but we don't really know that do we? You're really saying there's no chance of the new board even giving Parkinson £500k to spend? The current board have no real money to invest, surely they want a new board that can at least put something into the club?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]There will be no significant, additional funding. Any transfers will have to be paid for by fees received.

I don't think there will be millions, but we don't really know that do we? You're really saying there's no chance of the new board even giving Parkinson £500k to spend? The current board have no real money to invest, surely they want a new board that can at least put something into the club?
    No sales = no money for purchases, but, the club stays afloat.