Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 23/24 Thread

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    PopIcon said:
    I think this will be a very low crowd unless the ticket price is very generous. Even then we might be a record low. 

It’s more a coincidence they are local than anything else. 

I think Appleton needs to state up front he is playing a full strength team  and giving only 2/3 ‘youth’ some exposure/ minutes. 

We don’t need to prioritise the league or such nonsense. Manage minutes for those nursing injuries or niggles maybe but that’s the same for any game. 
    It will not be close to a record low.
    What is our record low? 
    A few hundred.
    When was that / who did we host?

Checkatrade Vs Fulham, 2017, 741 in attendance 
    We’ve had even lower, 662 v Brighton last season 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Actually think there will be a lot of Millwall come to this game..
    Don't see why they would other then they live down that way 

A few have mentioned to me that they fancy it, if it doesn’t clash with our game v Southampton 
    What is the attraction in this match for your lot ? 
    Could maybe understand if it was West ham or Leeds 
    Our fans from Eltham, Sidcup and surrounding areas will have Charlton as one of their main rivals (along with West Ham) because it’s a mixed area, they have to live alongside Charlton fans.
    Move to Woolwich, hardly any Charlton here and tons of wall. 
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    sam3110 said:
    PopIcon said:
    I think this will be a very low crowd unless the ticket price is very generous. Even then we might be a record low. 

It’s more a coincidence they are local than anything else. 

I think Appleton needs to state up front he is playing a full strength team  and giving only 2/3 ‘youth’ some exposure/ minutes. 

We don’t need to prioritise the league or such nonsense. Manage minutes for those nursing injuries or niggles maybe but that’s the same for any game. 
    It will not be close to a record low.
    What is our record low? 
    A few hundred.
    When was that / who did we host?

Checkatrade Vs Fulham, 2017, 741 in attendance 
    We’ve had even lower, 662 v Brighton last season 
    Well done Louis was the Rocking Chair Grandma with you?
  • Options
    Just realised their Centre Midfielder (and I believe captain) works in my office
    That's class! Proper FA cup stuff
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

A few have mentioned to me that they fancy it, if it doesn’t clash with our game v Southampton 
    Our fans from Eltham, Sidcup and surrounding areas will have Charlton as one of their main rivals (along with West Ham) because it’s a mixed area, they have to live alongside Charlton fans.
    Really? Never knew that. Would never have classed Woolwich as a Millwall area
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Really? Never knew that. Would never have classed Woolwich as a Millwall area
    It's basically a non football area.
    A few Charlton  , Millwall  and Arsenal but nothing of any significance. 
  • Options
    according to the fella in my office BT have taken the TV allocation for the game, Sunday 5.30pm slot

guess we'll hear soon enough 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    according to the fella in my office BT have taken the TV allocation for the game, Sunday 5.30pm slot

I thought only BBC/ITV had the rights to the FA Cup?
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

I thought only BBC/ITV had the rights to the FA Cup?
    • BBC
    • FA Cup - live coverage of up to 18 live FA Cup matches including the FA Cup final live from Wembley until 2024/25.
    • ITV
    • FA Cup - live coverage of more than 20 live FA Cup matches a season including the FA Cup final live from Wembley until 2024/25.
  • Options
    no idea but he seems to think it's 5.30pm on the Sunday
  • Options

Erm... those are from last year?
    So good they are playing them twice.
  • Options
    Glad Wrexham are being shown, they really need the money 
    And the publicity.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    that would seem to tie in with the 5.30 KO then if true - I'm guessing he's getting broadcasters mixed up
  • Options

Greenwich classic - El Tham

• Options
    edited October 2023
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Was sent this the other day. Not sure how true.

Not true according to FA

D'oh!  The shame.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not true according to FA

D'oh!  The shame.

Whereabouts was this confirmed? Just wondering as can't seem to find any reference to these dates/times online.
  • Options
    Milan said:

Not true according to FA

D'oh!  The shame.

Whereabouts was this confirmed? Just wondering as can't seem to find any reference to these dates/times online.
    I got a page from last year. I'm blaming the FA.
  • Options
    You wont be able to, as we're in 2023 now rather than 2022 ;)
    Totally failed to spot that! Keen to find out the date as I'd love to go, but I'm really hoping it's shifted to the Sunday as I can't make the Saturday. For a laugh I might go in the Jimmy Seed stand for this one as my son plays for Cray Valley and all his teammates and family are going, some of whom are fellow season ticket holders at the Valley.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Didnt realise that the replays had been completed (Tuesday), wondering if they were waiting for the outcome in some before deciding on the TV games to hand out.

Sheppey did an excellent job beating Billericay on penalties to setup a home tie vs Walsall

Along with Cray Valley and Ramsgate, they're the lowest teams in the competition (Sheppey are the lowest, based on League standings), and are the one out of all three to be home vs League opposition
  • Options
    Didnt realise that the replays had been completed (Tuesday), wondering if they were waiting for the outcome in some before deciding on the TV games to hand out.

Sheppey did an excellent job beating Billericay on penalties to setup a home tie vs Walsall

Along with Cray Valley and Ramsgate, they're the lowest teams in the competition (Sheppey are the lowest, based on League standings), and are the one out of all three to be home vs League opposition
    Much, much more likely Sheppey will be on the TV than us, if we were away I think we’d be nailed on to be on TV but home to an eighth tier game? No way in my opinion.
  • Options
    Sheppey is a guaranteed TV game. Would have said Barnsley Vs Horsham has a chance too? 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Sheppey is a guaranteed TV game. Would have said Barnsley Vs Horsham has a chance too? 
    I think our game has more chance than the Barnsley one. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Barnsley vs Horsham probably has slightly less chance than us
  • Options
    Sunday on tv please im in Amsterdam seeing Noel Gallagher 👍