Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023

Comments

• Options
    Was an incredible save onto the bar by the NZ keeper, surprised more wasn't made of it
  • Options
    Scrappy game. Technically the Aussies look better but desire with the Irish 
  • Options
    0-0 ht. Stand out player was Katrina Gorry. The only real thing of note to mention in that half. 
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    Few photos from Eden Park

Great crowd but little to no atmosphere. 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Danepak said:

First half was terrible, both on the pitch and in the stands.
    2nd half a lot better quality wise and crowd also noisier.
  • Options
    A well taken penalty to put Australia 1 up.
  • Options
    was it a pen?
  • Options
    was it a pen?
    Hands in the back, gives the ref the reason to give it.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Definite penalty but silly from the defender. Ireland were defending well up to that point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    was it a pen?
    Soft pen. 
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    TEL said:
    Danepak said:

First half was terrible, both on the pitch and in the stands.
    2nd half a lot better quality wise and crowd also noisier.
    I thought NZ looked the better side in both halves. Better game than the Aussie Ireland game at 63 mins. 
  • Options
    The Aussies look very ordinary without Kerr
  • Options
    TEL said:
    was it a pen?
    Soft pen. 
    Yes it was soft because it was needless, but you can't do that as a defender. 
  • Options
    Well that was a drab old game. Unlucky Ireland. 
  • Options
    the ball at the end from Ireland had to be sent hard and low across the face of the goal, looked like they were queuing up - instead she pulled it back
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Aussies were 1-3 and Ireland 8-1 for that game. Soft but, sadly, a definite penalty. It was a scrappy game, but Ireland defended very well in the first half and I thought they took the game to the Aussies after the penalty and were unlucky not to snatch a draw at the end ☘️
  • Options
    Thought Ireland did enough for the draw, silly pen to give away, in the end that was the difference.
  • Options
    New Zealand’s goal was absolutely textbook build up from a goal kick. Very impressive. 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Was an incredible save onto the bar by the NZ keeper, surprised more wasn't made of it
    I couldn't decide if it might have hit the bar anyway, didn't deviate much.
  • Options
    Opportunity missed by Ireland I feel.
    Going to be a tough ask to get anything from Canada now.
  • Options
    I’d like to think that at the very least next season Charlton try as hard as Ireland did in that game.
  • Options

For me it's got to be Canada. Must have taken them a while to come up with that one.
    The Cafeterias is a bit sexist.
  • Options
    Looking forward to Vietnam fucking over the USA again. Shame it's at 2 in the morning. 

Haiti is an odd one for us. They any good? 
  • Options
    Football Ferns did us proud today. Must have been especially difficult given the tragic shootings in Auckland earlier. 
    Really happy for them, really happy for their skipper Ali Riley. LA born to a Kiwi father and Chinese mother. I think we grew up pretty close to each other and I know I had friends who played against her as a kid. She probably would have been a US international, but chose New Zealand early on and at times the state of their women's football program has been awful. It's so great to not only see them hosting the World Cup, but winning their game, especially after what happened earlier in the day. 
  • Options
    Looking forward to Vietnam fucking over the USA again. Shame it's at 2 in the morning. 

Haiti is an odd one for us. They any good? 
    Women's football is really the only time I get patriotic, so I've got one word for ya: Threepeat.