Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Options
    Apparently we're looking at the Orient keeper Lawrence Vigouroux.
  • Options
    Apparently we're looking at the Orient keeper Lawrence Vigouroux.
    Best keeper in League 2 last season
  • Options
    Vigouroux would suggest that Wollacott is probably off to be first choice somewhere else. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    cabbles said:
    The old Aneke question.  Of course, we have to keep him, unless the owners are flush with cash and are happy to pay him up, but I highly doubt that.  

The issue I have with it is that people still have the opinion that he’s this beast who terrorizes defences based on the 20/21 season.  He was affective coming off the bench, but with each year that has past, and each additional injury, he’s become less effective.  

I am not saying he’s isn’t worth keeping given the contractual situation and the fact we know he’s knackered, but I don’t believe he’s capable of what he once was, even coming off the bench 
    I know it won't happen but ideally I'd only keep Aneke on a pay as you play contract. Good to have around but them injuries are too much! 
    How exactly would you persuade Chuks to ditch his current contract for a pay as you play one ?
    Can anyone name the last player we signed on a pay as you play contract?
    Bally Smart?
    that is a ludicrous bit of knowledge, fair play.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Vigouroux would suggest that Wollacott is probably off to be first choice somewhere else. 
    It would suggest AMB is off too, surely
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    Some Gills fans think they’ll announce Alfie May tomorrow. Would hope it’s rubbish although they have ambitious owners. 
    All it will
    prove his how good the player sees himself and his level . Would rather have the easy life in league two then have the pressure of firing a team to promotion in league one 

• Options
    Leuth said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    It would suggest AMB is off too, surely

AMB is an interesting one , I'm not entirely sure if he'd go or not - obviously now he's got a taste for being first choice he's not going to be that happy to see someone else come in that's a genuine No1. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I'd assume budget was agreed between TS and the new owners and it will just be settled when the deal completes in terms of who pays it. 
    A gentleman who bumped into Mr Methven a couple days ago at Newbury said 

He said we can only sign out of contract players until EFL approval given, but its going well. Looking for six experienced first team players. Dean knows his budget.
    If we can only sign out of contract players then how have we put an offer in for May?
    No idea. Ask Charlie Methven. 
    What’s it got to do with CM .. it will be Holden Storrie , Rodwell and Gallen who will handle player signings 
    No Mr Moore, you misunderstand. Methven told the fella at Newbury the above, unless you think otherwise 
  • Options
    is TS's offspring still involved????
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I'd assume budget was agreed between TS and the new owners and it will just be settled when the deal completes in terms of who pays it. 

He said we can only sign out of contract players until EFL approval given, but its going well. Looking for six experienced first team players. Dean knows his budget.
    If we can only sign out of contract players then how have we put an offer in for May?
    Could we not bid for a player, have it accepted, agree a contract with the player, then the player actually sign it the day our new owners are officially announced?  Surely this isn’t out of the realms of possibility, just so long as the OADT is just a formality?

if you are that player would you sign a contract where you didn’t know for show that the new owner would be in place.  Also maybe a better offer comes along for him.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Could we not bid for a player, have it accepted, agree a contract with the player, then the player actually sign it the day our new owners are officially announced?  Surely this isn’t out of the realms of possibility, just so long as the OADT is just a formality?

if you are that player would you sign a contract where you didn’t know for show that the new owner would be in place.  Also maybe a better offer comes along for him.

That’s my point, he wouldn’t actually sign it until it’s all confirmed.  And as I said only would you get to that stage if the OADT was a mere formality.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Will probably get slated for this but I'm not sure AMB is the choice in a promotion winning team either.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Chunes said:
    cabbles said:
    The old Aneke question.  Of course, we have to keep him, unless the owners are flush with cash and are happy to pay him up, but I highly doubt that.  

The issue I have with it is that people still have the opinion that he’s this beast who terrorizes defences based on the 20/21 season.  He was affective coming off the bench, but with each year that has past, and each additional injury, he’s become less effective.  

I am not saying he’s isn’t worth keeping given the contractual situation and the fact we know he’s knackered, but I don’t believe he’s capable of what he once was, even coming off the bench 
    I know it won't happen but ideally I'd only keep Aneke on a pay as you play contract. Good to have around but them injuries are too much! 
    How exactly would you persuade Chuks to ditch his current contract for a pay as you play one ?
    Can anyone name the last player we signed on a pay as you play contract?
    Bally Smart?
    that is a ludicrous bit of knowledge, fair play.
    He's a clown.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Will probably get slated for this but I'm not sure AMB is the choice in a promotion winning team either.
    My thoughts as well.
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    Some Gills fans think they’ll announce Alfie May tomorrow. Would hope it’s rubbish although they have ambitious owners. 

As far as I can tell, this is what sparked it
    Be amazed if true. Pretty sure he said in an interview that he wanted to test himself.
    At 30 next month then dropping to league 2 hardly backs that up.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Can’t see a player being bothered who the owner is.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

That’s my point, he wouldn’t actually sign it until it’s all confirmed.  And as I said only would you get to that stage if the OADT was a mere formality.
    If we can’t make signings until the OADT tests have been passed and the takeover ratified by the EFL we could be starting the season with no new signings. I think people are wetting their knickers unnecessarily. TS can sign who he likes, when he likes and such expenditure will be covered in the SPA.
    This with bells on it. 

I tried to say this earlier but you've worded it better. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Would be surprised if we go for another keeper.

I see AMB as the number one and think it would be likely Wollacott moves on. I would be surprised if the Orient keeper moves as he wouldn't be guaranteed a first team place with us and it would involve a transfer fee or could it be a swap with Jo Jo moving to Brisbane Road?

I was thinking that we may go for a veteran  or a PL loanee as back up.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

If we can’t make signings until the OADT tests have been passed and the takeover ratified by the EFL we could be starting the season with no new signings. I think people are wetting their knickers unnecessarily. TS can sign who he likes, when he likes and such expenditure will be covered in the SPA.
    Agreed.  Although I’m giving people a break on the knicker wetting, as I said before we are the hopeless romantic who’s been dumped and abused so many times we don’t trust anyone.