Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• edited May 2023
    I wondered how they could afford Stockley & Marriott. 
  • I wondered how they could afford Stockley & the other forward they signed. 
    I think there is a lot more where that came from. 
  • I wondered how they could afford Stockley & the other forward they signed. 
    wonder if half our squad is under investigation as well this season
  • I wondered how they could afford Stockley & Marriott. 
    Normally pay in instalments. Don’t tell Sandgaard 
  • Another triumph for the EFL's fit and proper test!
  • I like my trips to Fleetwood, but it's the classic non league club elevated up the leagues thanks to the support of a generous owner, rather than because of its own resources.
  • I like my trips to Fleetwood, but it's the classic non league club elevated up the leagues thanks to the support of a generous owner, rather than because of its own resources.
    whats a generous owner??
  • Sharing a cell with Rufus 
  • When i was there in October i got chatting to a couple of locals about him.

They said he isn't a nice man and you don't want to cross him, made his money from electrical and plumbing wholesale, they said if you owed him money he would get henchmen to turn up where the contractor was working and remove the goods they had from him if you were out of date on your account.

Others said he was a local guy made good and people were jealous of him..
  • Sponsored links:

• Weren’t you pally with him at one stage @DA9 ? Or was that another chairman? 
  • edited May 2023
    I like my trips to Fleetwood, but it's the classic non league club elevated up the leagues thanks to the support of a generous owner, rather than because of its own resources.
    A bit like Wrexham then.

Progress as a football club normally costs money.

They said he isn't a nice man and you don't want to cross him, made his money from electrical and plumbing wholesale, they said if you owed him money he would get henchmen to turn up where the contractor was working and remove the goods they had from him if you were out of date on your account.

You have something, you pay for it.

In fairness it's pretty hard for a non-league club to rise up the leagues without investment. 

Luton are obviously a rare exception over the past decade but then they were only in non-league because their previous owners fucked them.
  • edited May 2023
    When i was there in October i got chatting to a couple of locals about him.

You have something, you pay for it.
    True but the contract world doesn't work like that if businesses didn't have accounts there wouldn't be any businesses.
  • edited May 2023
    Weren’t you pally with him at one stage @DA9 ? Or was that another chairman? 
    He was invited down to the swan pub in Charlton a few years back and did a speach there. I was there but in the bar downstairs. 

Didn't he also buy every Charlton fan who made the trip, a beer in the social club attached to the ground a few years back.

Can you still but a matchday programme there for a £1. I went to the Fosu hat-trick game and it was a £1 then and they said it had been for years.
  • Didn't the Fleetwood chairmans son get done a few years ago for football violence? Sure i remember talk about him potentially getting a banning order.

Sounds like a great family!
    Met him a few times, my son was /is a friend of his sons.

He was invited down to the swan pub in Charlton a few years back and did a speach there. I was there but in the bar downstairs. 

Didn't he also buy every Charlton fan who made the trip, a beer in the social club attached to the ground a few years back.

Can you still but a matchday programme there for a £1. I went to the Fosu hat-trick game and it was a £1 then and they said it had been for years.
    He did, that’s when I first met him and a few fleetwood fans, still in contact with one of them regularly
    we invited them down to the liberal the home game and Andy came in for a drink as well 
    They were a bit taken aback at the amount of “Herbert’s/risk” fans we seemed to have that they were trying to recruit for their trip to Millwall 😂
  • DA9 said:

He did, that’s when I first met him and a few fleetwood fans, still in contact with one of them regularly
    we invited them down to the liberal the home game and Andy came in for a drink as well 
    They were a bit taken aback at the amount of “Herbert’s/risk” fans we seemed to have that they were trying to recruit for their trip to Millwall 😂
    We go up to that area every year and did the weekend of the game i mentioned earlier. Always friendly and never have any trouble and as you say they are decent enough to forge friendships. 

The fosu hat-trick game that i went to, the Monster raving loony party were having their conference (lol) in blackpool and came into the pub, was a great atmosphere in there.
  • Sponsored links:

A bit like Wrexham then.

Wrexham are a much bigger club though. Even without the Hollywood money, they're the sort of club who you would have expected to return to the EFL eventually. 

Fleetwood were well down the leagues when Pilley took over

Aren't you thinking of Andy Holt (Accrington) on that one, mate? AH deffo did that. Maybe this guy too, but first I heard of that. I heard of the beer at their social club story though
  • edited May 2023

Aren't you thinking of Andy Holt (Accrington) on that one, mate? AH deffo did that. Maybe this guy too, but first I heard of that. I heard of the beer at their social club story though
    You maybe right, but i thought it was the guy who bought all the beers for our fans at an away game.

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3428241

Turns out you were right again lol
  • edited May 2023
    Yes, CAST arranged for Andy Holt of Accrington to speak at The Swan: https://www.castrust.org/2019/01/a-story-of-pies-pints-and-reluctant-owners/
    A bit like Wrexham then.

Wrexham are a much bigger club though. Even without the Hollywood money, they're the sort of club who you would have expected to return to the EFL eventually. 

Fleetwood were well down the leagues when Pilley took over
    I think Wrexham were out of the professional game for 15 years, so still suggests the Canadians dough was responsible.
  • Fleetwood Town Football Club acknowledges the sentencing in the court case involving former club chairman, Andy Pilley.

The club would like to reiterate convictions are against individuals and not Fleetwood Town FC, or any of the businesses associated with them, and will continue to operate as normal.

Fleetwood Town remain in communication with the EFL and will be making no further comment at this time.

https://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/news/2023/july/pilley-statement/

• Waterford Football Club acknowledges the sentencing in the court case involving owner Andy Pilley.

The club would like to reiterate convictions are against individuals and not Waterford FC, or any of the businesses associated with them, and will continue to operate as normal.

The club will make no further comment at this time.

https://waterfordfc.ie/statement-andy-pilley/

• Great spot!
  • Big story our end and at one stage he was in to buy BFC off the Oystons. Nasty piece of work and you have fear for the future of Fleetwood FC.