Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall

edited July 2009 in Match Day Travel
I know this ones a way off both home and away however 2 things about this fixture.

1) Has anyone been to these fixtures before home or away if so the home game will we sell out do you think?

2) The away game any good tips for an away trip to Millwall especially as its on a Saturday for now (Until its moved due to police advice lol)?

Any advice would be welcome.

Chers

Comments

• 2. Yeah wear your charlton replica kit, whistle VFR and walk down the OKR to get there
  • Ru for real?
  • I have found all Millwall fans to be very accomadating jovial people, real salt of the earth types. Segregation is a nonsense at these games, it really does have the Merseyside derby feel to it
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I know this ones a way off both home and away

Eh?
  • Rupert, are you a bear?
  • Don't even think about driving. Parking is a b*stard at the best of times. South Bermondsey is your best bet, depending on where you're coming from. Or New Cross.

Depending on who you take advice from, you'll need a tin hat and a rifle. I just say wear your shirt and enjoy the day.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I know this ones a way off both home and away however 2 things about this fixture.

1) Has anyone been to these fixtures before home or away if so the home game will we sell out do you think?

No chance of selling out.
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]2) The away game any good tips for an away trip to Millwall especially as its on a Saturday for now (Until its moved due to police advice lol)?
    Find a pub near London Bridge and away from Bermondsey. Then get the tube to Canada Water and ask the locals for directions.
  • Just make sure that when you're walking to the ground that you do your best Danny Dyer type walk....
  • [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]Just make sure that when you're walking to the ground that you do your best Danny Dyer type walk....

pwopa naughty
  • DA9 the amount of times i have herd that one i would be loaded if i collect a quid everytime someone took the piss out of that ha ha. Fair play.

JT i ment i know the games are a long time away however was just looking for advice. Also seeing if anyone had been there before and knows as an away day what its like.

I think this fixture is going to be my favorite of the season ha ha
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Don't even think about driving. Parking is a b*stard at the best of times. South Bermondsey is your best bet, depending on where you're coming from. Or New Cross.

Depending on who you take advice from, you'll need a tin hat and a rifle. I just say wear your shirt and enjoy the day.

Although you are frequently down there i'm not sure it will be quite as friendly as you believe
  • [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Don't even think about driving. Parking is a b*stard at the best of times. South Bermondsey is your best bet, depending on where you're coming from. Or New Cross.

You must sit quite far from the away end.
  • Was watching SKY 2 or 3 the other night, and they were showing "Footballs hardest away days", showed some millwall fans going to gillingham, what a bunch of retarded jeremy kyle fodder they were.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]DA9 the amount of times i have herd that one i would be loaded if i collect a quid everytime someone took the piss out of that ha ha. Fair play.

JT i ment i know the games are a long time away however was just looking for advice. Also seeing if anyone had been there before and knows as an away day what its like.

I think this fixture is going to be my favorite of the season ha ha

Guilty as charged m'lord
  • Depends what side of the fence you're on i guess, doesn' it?

Yeah, f**k it. You're right. Be scared for your life. Best bet is to probably stay at home. Infact, if you haven't already started, i'd build a bunker. You should be finished by the time the game comes around.
  • [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Depends what side of the fence you're on i guess, doesn' it?

Yeah, f**k it. You're right. Be scared for your life. Best bet is to probably stay at home. Infact, if you haven't already started, i'd build a bunker. You should be finished by the time the game comes around.

got the bunker sorted, know where i can get some armed guards from?
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Was watching SKY 2 or 3 the other night, and they were showing "Footballs hardest away days", showed some millwall fans going to gillingham, what a bunch of retarded jeremy kyle fodder they were.
    I saw that!

'Grandad Grandad give us a song!'

Thought it was quite funny when they arrived at Gillingham and commented that the place was quite run down!
  • You can use your own stewards for that. They made short work of that disabled palace fan when they chucked him over the side of the tier!...
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Was watching SKY 2 or 3 the other night, and they were showing "Footballs hardest away days", showed some millwall fans going to gillingham, what a bunch of retarded jeremy kyle fodder they were.
    I saw that!

'Grandad Grandad give us a song!'

Thought it was quite funny when they arrived at Gillingham and commented that the place was quite run down!

LOL, people in glass houses, and that Bermondsey bowl had me screaming with laughter, the worst offender was the young bald lad with grandad, he thought he was double hard, all in all they were pretyy embarrasing to most millwall fans watching IMO.
  • [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]You can use your own stewards for that. They made short work of that disabled palace fan when they chucked him over the side of the tier!...

Well, he should have had his brakes on.
  • Sponsored links:

• lol
  • [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]You can use your own stewards for that. They made short work of that disabled palace fan when they chucked him over the side of the tier!...

I thought all palARSE supporters had some form of disability
  • I think it's sick that you can treat palace fans in such a way..................without decoration from HRH!
  • Sound advice from everyone thanks it sounds like it will be one of the best away days would we suggest body armor then?
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]You can use your own stewards for that. They made short work of that disabled palace fan when they chucked him over the side of the tier!...

Well, he should have had his brakes on.
    ha ha ha ha ha
  • I can't wait for this match, well worth the dip into division 3!
  • [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Depends what side of the fence you're on i guess, doesn' it?

It does depend and I wouldn't say all are bad or good but having met some of your finest at LB when glass rained down on us and speaking to people who went to the friendly i'm just gonna exercise a little caution.

If we call all shake hands at the end and say we enjoy the match then its fine by me, but i cant see it!!
  • i reckon we should turn up in our thosands if possible as they will no doubt sell out of allocation at our place.

And probably take over the pubs in our area too we shouldn't let this happen have waited years to play these scum might as well make a good go of it.
  • edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]i reckon we should turn up in our thosands if possible as they will no doubt sell out of allocation at our place.

And probably take over the pubs in our area too we shouldn't let this happen have waited years to play these scum might as well make a good go of it.

Are you for real mate, try talking to some older fans who remember the "Old Days" versus Millwall.
    Fact: We will not sell out the away end at the New Den
    Fact: They will sell out the away end at the Valley
    Fact: They will also have fans in all the other stands at the Valley.
    Fact: They will take over the pubs in our area.
  • Are you for real mate, try talking to some older fans who remember the "Old Days" versus Millwall.
    Fact: We will not sell out the away end at the New Den
    Fact: They will sell out the away end at the Valley
    Fact: They will also have fans in all the other stands at the Valley.
    Fact: They will take over the pubs in our area.[/quote]

Yea i think i need to talk to them to get an idea of what its like i thought it would be more like you have described it if im honest. Just hoping we could make them look the mugs not going to happen though is it?