Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall

124»

Comments

• Groucho, yes it's a football problem....at SOME places. I never feel I have to disguise my support going to Fulham, Palace, Arsenal, ....and many other places. I can identify the places I worry about most, Birmingham, Leeds, Chelsea, Millwall and a few others....the decent experiences are the majority, the, dare I say, 'Millwallesque' experiences are in the minority. It may comfort Millwall fans to say they are a small part of a large problem, it may validate and dilute the impact the negative parts of their support have, but is it a bit of a cop out? If Millwall fans were able to sort themselves out, rather than shrug and say it's a football/society problem, it may not eliminate things, but it may help to improve the situation.
    Many years ago I saw a Charlton fan pulling two other Charlton fans off attacking a couple of Port Vale supporters, saying 'I'm Charlton, if you wanna fight them you have to fight me too'...that took a bit of courage, but still after all these years has left an impression on me. Millwall have fantastic vocal support, great wit at times amongst their followers, it seems such a shame that Millwall have a greater percentage of very nasty followers than most other clubs.
  • edited July 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]
    Thing is, you go along and make your own mind up. Football's moved on. Police are so far on top of things these days that it's impossible to kick off in the same county as the ground, never mind streets. Charlton will have a few w*nkers turn out. We will too. It might go off in small numbers in places, but it'll be nothing like what you're lead to believe.

Like i said, I always think that if you want trouble, you'll find it. If you dont, you know what to do and where to go to avoid it. We're only down the road too. It's not like you're travelling up north and don't know the area. And you're hardly gonna stick out like a sore thumb with your accent, are you? [/quote]

Exactly people need to stop shitting themselves it's only millwall, the way some of you go about you would think it's a bloody army, if your stupid you'll get a slap if not you have nothing to worry about

[quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    Leave wives and children at home if you want to risk attending the Millwall matches. [/quote]

Don't be stupid, do you have a pair of bollocks.
  • Sorry to butt into a pretty testosterone filled thread but just want to say that NO-ONE will stop me cheering on my team EVER.

I've been to the Old & New Dens, including the former with the Junior Reds many moons ago in a "Family Enclosure" where 5 year olds had a better vocab of 4 letter words than me ! Not a great experience but it didn't prevent me from going the next time, and the next.....

And, all things being equal, I'll be there again next season , wearing my scarf and proud of it.

Maybe I'm in a different "place" than some of you - being a grey haired pensioner - but there's surely safety in numbers AND with the history factor, plenty of plods around ? So, come on - let's sell out our end and show we will not be intimidated ...Are you mice or men ?
  • I've been to the Old and New Dens as well. I also remember the 0-0 game back at the Valley. The atmosphere was highly charged but it was great. Yes there have been some ugly scenes from time to time. There was also a time in the mid 70's when a bunch of Millwall fans used to invade the Valley on a weekly basis.

One of my best mates is a Millwall Fan and he and I went to the New Den, one of the last times we played there. I remember it being much less hostile than the Old Den but still there was sporadic fighting after the game.

I shall still go, I probably won't take my lad. I'll make that decision nearer time.

I know that Millwall have tried hard to stamp out the thuggish element especially at home with membership schemes etc. The police have things pretty well wrapped up at the New Den. The problems of late seem to relate to away games, especially the high profile ones. I've no doubt that there will be problems in home areas at The Valley again and Millwall fans will get hold of tickets. It will clearly be a job for the stewards to sort out before or during the game.
  • I wonder if Millwall fans report us to the ombudsman for rough treatment...
  • i am struggling to find a freindly away fans pub near their ground!lol!
  • i know 3 millwall fans who came to our last palace home game just because they heard we dont like them and thought it could get naughty. they were also at hull throwing chairs. i know loads of absolute jippos who have no ties with millwall whatsoever and support them for the reputation. so they wear those stupid burberry hats and smother themselves in millwall tatoos. Speaks volumes.

I have NEVER met a decent law abiding millwall fan. There must be a few. i feel sorry for them for the rep the have been given.

I hate everything about them. with a passion........done
  • [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]
    Thing is, you go along and make your own mind up. Football's moved on. Police are so far on top of things these days that it's impossible to kick off in the same county as the ground, never mind streets. Charlton will have a few w*nkers turn out. We will too. It might go off in small numbers in places, but it'll be nothing like what you're lead to believe.

Like i said, I always think that if you want trouble, you'll find it. If you dont, you know what to do and where to go to avoid it. We're only down the road too. It's not like you're travelling up north and don't know the area. And you're hardly gonna stick out like a sore thumb with your accent, are you?

Exactly people need to stop shitting themselves it's only millwall, the way some of you go about you would think it's a bloody army, if your stupid you'll get a slap if not you have nothing to worry about

[cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    Leave wives and children at home if you want to risk attending the Millwall matches.

Don't be stupid, do you have a pair of bollocks.

Yes Thank you.

However I've never been one for "proving my manliness" by putting my wife and family at risk.

Any risks I take leave ME as the sole victim if it all goes pear shaped.
  • My regret is that we never got to play Millwall when we were so far ahead of them with the likes of Bent, Murphy, Parker, Smertin, etc etc. Whacking them in a cup would have been lovely but now the reality is that they probabley start as favourites. :0(
  • I'm still looking forward to both home and away matches with the spanners....always have done and had a few beers in a millwall pub before the last match with some wall mates. I think the main problem will be the match at the valley when the idiots come out to enjoy the confrontation...these morons are very sad indeed.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]My regret is that we never got to play Millwall when we were so far ahead of them with the likes of Bent, Murphy, Parker, Smertin, etc etc. Whacking them in a cup would have been lovely but now the reality is that they probabley start as favourites. :0(
    The Spanners have alway's been our bogie team, we've only beaten them 11 times in 62 matches...We beat them the first time I saw them in '67, had to wait ten years for the next one....
  • Yea i see its one of those fixture that people will go out of their way for dont think i will bring any mates who have never been to football before only die hards.

I have this friend (female) who wants to go to this games so much however she has never even been to a football match let alone Millwall away. Would the general consensus be not to birng her i have told her its prob not the place for pretty ladies is it? LOL
  • Kin hell whats all the fuss its just another away game to a London club

Im more worried about Orient away as i see Soccers hardest away days the other night
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Kin hell whats all the fuss its just another away game to a London club

Im more worried about Orient away as i see Soccers hardest away days the other night[/quote]
    I saw that, hilarious the man seriously needs to get a life their's loving your club then their is that.
  • its an interesting topic because there is nothing wirtten about Orient however Millwall have a notorious following. But as i have said many times dont believe everything you read.

And what you see on TV should never be believed.
  • Reall wish i saw this programme im clearly missing something
  • Your not the Orient fans were just really really sad.
  • y wot were they doing could i possibly view this on Youtube or something any links? sounds pretty amusing.
  • Think too many of you have been watching Bravo !!!

It'll go off in organised pockets, but generally they'll be nothing in or around the ground - this is 2009 FFS !!!

I can think of lots more intimidating places to be than Millwall ( Cardiff & Swansea for a start! )...

So lets all stop swopping war stories ... and support our TEAM !

btw ESM ..... I remember that incident to !!
  • Yes but swaping war stories and stories about way days is one of the ways that we can our minds up about away fixtures.

One of my favorite parts about following my team away is swopping stories about other away days and that not War stories necessarilly. However meeting other fans is all part of enjoying the away day and we have to swap stories about ones we have been too to give other Charlton fans an idea.

There is no need to be a hater i went to Swansea for example and thought they were a bunch of prawn sandwich eaters no proper lads there anyway so im not sure what Swansea you went too.

But this exactally the reason why swaping stories is good because you have obviously had a different experience at Swansea because it was one of the most disappointing away days and there were no proper lads enjoying the day.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]y wot were they doing could i possibly view this on Youtube or something any links? sounds pretty amusing.[/quote]

Basically they were following this bloke who was an orient fan. Every thing in his house had an Orient logo on he was saying he missed his brothers wedding or something like that because Orient were playing that was it, just one very very sad man. The program is usually on Sky one or two once a week can't remember the day.
  • Think we should be alright. Especially if this lot turn up! ;-)

* Ducks for cover! *
  • Well I marry one of them next week, so i can confirm they are not all bad as her family are fine and all season ticket holders!
    Thats said they do have some scum in thier following, but so do cardiff, birmingham, wolves, leeds etc etc etc!!
  • Looking forward to these games next season more than any other by a mile. Old den was far better than their new Toolbox of a ground. Should be lively atmostpheres at both games. A few of our Johnny Come lately's are in for a shock matchday that is for sure.
    CommentAuthorFriend Or Defoe
    * CommentTime3 days ago

quote# 32

Posted By: eaststandmike

Posted By: Ru1986i reckon we should turn up in our thosands if possible as they will no doubt sell out of allocation at our place.

And probably take over the pubs in our area too we shouldn't let this happen have waited years to play these scum might as well make a good go of it.

Are you for real mate, try talking to some older fans who remember the "Old Days" versus Millwall.
    Fact: We will not sell out the away end at the New Den
    Fact: They will sell out the away end at the Valley
    Fact: They will also have fans in all the other stands at the Valley.
    Fact: They will take over the pubs in our area.

Only because their away end is bigger and their pubs are shite!

It has nothing to do with their away end being bigger and their pubs being shite and you know it. I think a lot of you boys are very insecure when it comes to Millwall............
  • Nothing insure about me Yellabelly, I'll be there home and away. As I said it's hardly the old den.
  • Whats the big thing about millwall. they are nothing and haven't been for years just a load of pikeys with big mouths... By the way i've got family who are there every week so i know. Leeds will have a bigger firm than millwall. But i suppose millwall are a threat for the odd person walking along on their own .... 5 of them will give him a kickin then they can say we done Charlton. Millwall dont make me fecking laugh
  • i thought the takeover threads were dull. this one smashes them up by some margin.it's just missing a token millivanilli fan to put us all right.