Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marvel vs DC universe

Will likely be going on a Disney + comic movie binge next week. Playing the game injustice 2 has given it the push. 

Few questions:

1) What side do you think would win in a team fight...

Iron man, The Hulk, Spiderman, Venom, Captain America

Vs 

Batman, Catwoman, Bane, The Joker, Deadshot 

2) Are you more a Marvel or DC person? What do you prefer? And Why?

3) What is your number one favourite movie? 

Iron man, Suicide squad, The Hulk, batman begins etc...

4) Who do you consider to be the most fascinating interesting character of DC...and of Marvel?

Comments

• Dave2l said:
    Will likely be going on a Disney + comic movie binge next week. Playing the game injustice 2 has given it the push. 

Few questions:

Vs 

4) Who do you consider to be the most fascinating interesting character of DC...and of Marvel?
    1) easily the marvel lot, if you had included superman the DC lot would have a fighting chance

2) Marvel

3) the batman - the first hour or so is easily the best superhero film experience i've had

4) spiderman. Always loved spiderman, he's just really cool. 
  • Dave2l said:

Few questions:

Vs 

1) easily the marvel lot, if you had included superman the DC lot would have a fighting chance

2) Marvel

3) the batman - the first hour or so is easily the best superhero film experience i've had

4) spiderman. Always loved spiderman, he's just really cool. 

Yes it's a bit of an uneven match. 

The general belief is that DC will always beat the crap out of Marvel, so I tried to minimise the overly powerful characters in the fight
  • (1) Yeah I'd have to go Marvel, think a fairer argument would be to replace Spider-Man with Black Widow

(2) I was always DC, I grew up loving Superman, had a costume when I was in my early years, duvet was either Superman or Batman, and knew nothing about Marvel - Even when the MCU started, it was only when it reached Phase Two that I realised it was happening, and started watching it all - Having got into the MCU, Marvel definitely have my full attention now though

(3) Superman (1978) - Its the film I grew up with, Christopher Reeve IS Superman, Henry Cavill did a damned good job, but I dont think anyone can ever do a better job than what Reeve did.

(4) Spider-Man is probably my favourite that I've read about, since the MCU I've got into reading the Comics via. Marvel Unlimited more... and out of all the characters its Spider-Man that I enjoy reading the most, looking forward to hopefully seeing a better rendition of the Fantastic Four on the big screen as well though.
  • 1) it would be a fight that would last for hours and hours. Maybe even days.

I think the Marvel lot will just about edge it.

Catwoman, Captain America, the Joker and deadshot will probably die.

If Spiderman vs Batman is a brief one on one, it would be too close to call.

They are both very fast, have similar interests, very intelligent. They carry the same moral stance of do not kill. 

Out of spiderman and batman. I think batman would just about edge it. Soon as batman makes spiderman admit defeat, then the Hulk will probably come in to save spiderman anyway!

2) I prefer DC...but only just by a tiny fraction. 

3) the batman begins trilogy. Christopher Nolan directing 

4) DC: the Joker....Marvel: Carnage 
  • 1- Marvel would win

2-Team Marvel all the way

3- probably Avengers Assemble 

4- The Hulk(the way he has transformed under Mark Ruffalo)
  • Is the fight a random clash in the streets or do they know it's coming?

If the former, Marvel. Very easily and very quickly. The latter, DC edge it.
  • Dave2l said:

Few questions:

Vs 

1. Marvel. the Hulk could beat that lot on his own!

2. Marvel for me. More realistic characters for me (if that is possible in the superhero world). Marvel comics of 60's and 70s were head and shoulder above DC in my opinion - much better writing.

3. Guardians of the Galaxy

4. Batman for DC. I always liked Hawkeye in the Marvel Comics universe - no super powers, just skill. Loved his character too.

By the way, Marvel Comics far better than Marvel Movie universe in my opinion, but I am a bit biased, being a collector for fifty years!
  • Batman isn't even a superhero -  is just as regular guy but with toys.
    The Marvel lot would batter him and his cohorts
  • MrOneLung said:
    Batman isn't even a superhero -  is just as regular guy but with toys.
    Same as Iron Man ;)
  • edited January 2023

Don’t know how they’ll do v DC Universe, but they had great result against Aberdeen last night

• Sponsored links:

• edited January 2023
    1) Marvel - easy!

2) Marvel, ever since I accidentally bought an uncanny X-Men UK reprint I was hooked (have a glance to keep up to date with what's going on from time to time still) Marvel always had the more original characters imo, although DC edges them on writing these days. 

3) Guardians of the Galaxy vol 1 made a real change to how they were written and directed and loved it from start to finish. Have to admit the Gunn style is wearing thin now though...

4) hard call. Silver surfer is pretty tragic really although never got right into the Marvel "cosmic" stuff, great character. 
  • I find Carnage (marvel) to be one of the most intriguing villans. 

A lot of Marvel villans usually have a backstory of being innocent to begin with, or there was an accident that set fuel to a fire.

Carnage was a prick since the day he was born. He is supposed to be evil

• And I thought our love of trains was embarrassing 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Batman isn't even a superhero -  is just as regular guy but with toys.

You've obviously just watched the justice league film.

Batman was the odd one out...for being the only character who isn't a freak 
  • I don't think much of the superman character. He's too powerful and apart from kriptonite...nothing is of any threat to him
  • I have very very fortunately been in one DC and one Marvel movie so far (once bad cop, once good cop), with another Marvel appearance with a man I deem to be one of the coolest men to walk this planet upcoming (but that could be anyone and can say no more…until release). All great fun and I love comic book characters, so this thread is right up my street!

Marvel would edge it, but the likes of Superman and Black Adam could take a fair few much loved Marvel heroes out in the melee

Actually edge toward DC only because of its darker tone. Warner are still yet to do DC full Justice (see what I did there 🤣), but think the scope is there and some of the source material they could work with is awesome. My favourite comic as a kid was Green Arrow!

Batman The Dark Knight - Bale, Ledger and Oldman sublime, sinister throughout, why so serious…, with one or two very amusing moments - the joker in the nurse costume walking away from the hospital pre-explosion really tickled me

On Marvel, Avengers Endgame or Black Panther for me, both watched many times.

Toughest of the four questions for me. Batman or Wonder Woman DC, I think Hulk on Marvel.

Thanks for the thread and if you ever visit Cuba, be sure not to cross me…

• I have very very fortunately been in one DC and one Marvel movie so far (once bad cop, once good cop), with another Marvel appearance with a man I deem to be one of the coolest men to walk this planet upcoming (but that could be anyone and can say no more…until release). All great fun and I love comic book characters, so this thread is right up my street!

Marvel would edge it, but the likes of Superman and Black Adam could take a fair few much loved Marvel heroes out in the melee

Actually edge toward DC only because of its darker tone. Warner are still yet to do DC full Justice (see what I did there 🤣), but think the scope is there and some of the source material they could work with is awesome. My favourite comic as a kid was Green Arrow!

Batman The Dark Knight - Bale, Ledger and Oldman sublime, sinister throughout, why so serious…, with one or two very amusing moments - the joker in the nurse costume walking away from the hospital pre-explosion really tickled me

Toughest of the four questions for me. Batman or Wonder Woman DC, I think Hulk on Marvel.

Can we swap jobs 🙂

You never know, you might enjoy working in a warehouse in Dartford.

Sounds quite exciting there's a secret film soon to be released.

My guess is...maybe a spidey 4th movie featuring miles morales. Just a guess 👌

Where did you get your hair dye from?
  • 1. Marvel
    2. DC - all about Batman. Always thought the Marvel lot are a bit lame.
    3. The Dark Knight. No contest.
    4. The Joker 

• Dave2l said:
    I have very very fortunately been in one DC and one Marvel movie so far (once bad cop, once good cop), with another Marvel appearance with a man I deem to be one of the coolest men to walk this planet upcoming (but that could be anyone and can say no more…until release). All great fun and I love comic book characters, so this thread is right up my street!

Can we swap jobs 🙂

Ha, it’s a P/T hobbyist thing. My day job is a lot more challenging 😂

I am hoping the next one I am in leaves fans feeling pretty marvellous, rather than furious… Or perhaps, mixed feelings 😉

PS the DC one was a scene with Gal Gadot in her Wonder Woman costume. This then 40 something year old was a teenager inside and Gal was as kind and warm to chat with as she is beautiful. I chanced my arm with a chat between a lot of takes and she had no ego whatsoever. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Toni & Guy @WSS 🤣🤣 Need to book my next tbf
  • Dave2l said:
    I have very very fortunately been in one DC and one Marvel movie so far (once bad cop, once good cop), with another Marvel appearance with a man I deem to be one of the coolest men to walk this planet upcoming (but that could be anyone and can say no more…until release). All great fun and I love comic book characters, so this thread is right up my street!

Can we swap jobs 🙂

I am hoping the next one I am in leaves fans feeling pretty marvellous, rather than furious… Or perhaps, mixed feelings 😉

PS the DC one was a scene with Gal Gadot in her Wonder Woman costume. This then 40 something year old was a teenager inside and Gal was as kind and warm to chat with as she is beautiful. I chanced my arm with a chat between a lot of takes and she had no ego whatsoever. 

👌👌

Wow, she's a naturally beyond beautiful lady. When Aquaman tried it on with her, he certainly didn't play his cards right. I was quite relieved he messed it up even though its only a film lol. 

I vaguely recognise you via the film.

Was you pointing a gun at someone and did you fall over? It was an early scene in the film. Probably 1st 20mins?
  • Dave2l said:

Can we swap jobs 🙂

Still remember that time she advertising the first WW film I think it was... there was a little boy in a Superman costume that had his picture taken with her, was a lovely exchange between the two as she started tickling him - But that kid is going to be so distraught when he grows up and finds that he peaked that early in life!!
  • Dave2l said:
    Dave2l said:

Can we swap jobs 🙂

👌👌

Wow, she's a naturally beyond beautiful lady. When Aquaman tried it on with her, he certainly didn't play his cards right. I was quite relieved he messed it up even though its only a film lol. 

I vaguely recognise you via the film.

Was you pointing a gun at someone and did you fall over? It was an early scene in the film. Probably 1st 20mins?
    Which cut were you watching? I was in Whedon’s rather than Snyder’s cut (the best version I hasten to add despite my lack of 5 movie seconds 🤣). If Whedon’s, I was the AFO in front of the museum with WW right at the end of the movie. In terms of falls, regardless of how simple, that will always be a stuntman. Only once was I given the chance to try it, as I had shot a lot of days on another movie and after two tries the stuntman took over as I can only describe my attempt as a sack of sh*t being thrown to the floor. The first AD showed me the tales on his pad and I nearly PMSL 🤣 I recall him saying “It is best you stay on your feet!” Tom Cruise, you are quite safe…
  • Too nerdy for me, I'm going back to the Lego thread.
  • Dave2l said:

Few questions:

Vs 

1) With those specific characters, easily Marvel. But in more general terms, it could go either way. The real powerhouses on both sides are stupidly powerful compared to the rest.
    2) Marvel. Grew up watching the 90s Spider-Man and X-Men cartoons. Read/watch both companies now but if I HAD to choose just one it would be Marvel hands down.
    3) Technically its Sony not Marvel but Tobey Maguires Spiderman is my favourite if not actually the best. 
    4) Daredevil
  • edited January 2023
    Few questions:

The Hulk beats all of them on his own. Especially as for DC bar Bane the others are all 'Human' not mutants or aliens.

Iron man, Spiderman, Venom, Captain America, Batman, Catwoman, Bane, The Joker, Deadshot 

The bigger question is who wins a Superman vs Captain Marvel fight - Vaguely similar stories and power levels i.e more OP than all the rest...

DC darker stories that resonate more with reality (Not saying they're realistic, but more so). 

Batman Begins or Man of Steel

I don't think any of them are that fascinating. I'd actually say something like KickAss was a more interesting/fascinating approach to Super heroes. I'd recommend Death Patrol and Peacemaker as alternative series to watch (especially if you like DC)

A battle between all of the MOST OP commonly known characters would be well worth watching... 

Hulk
    Thor
    Captain Marvel
    Scarlett Witch 

vs

Superman
    Black Adam
    Shazam
    Super Girl

One Above All vs The Spectre would be the true god fight. Nobody knows them. 
  • Spectre vs OAA would paradoxically end up  being incredibly boring surely. As both are basically omniscient and all powerful they would just cancel each other out.
  • edited January 2023
    Wonder Man V Superman

Probably should have expanded on that a bit more....

Wonder Man always seemed like Marvel's superman to me. Would be fun little match up (with WM hopefully planting those stupid master of disguise  glasses up superman's bum)