Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marvel vs DC universe

2»

Comments

• Options
    Too nerdy for me, I'm going back to the Lego thread.

I'm currently in your parts of the woods. I know you're a Charlt-adian eh 

Great friendly people and lovely weather
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Will likely be going on a Disney + comic movie binge next week. Playing the game injustice 2 has given it the push. 

Few questions:

1) What side do you think would win in a team fight...

Iron man, The Hulk, Spiderman, Venom, Captain America

Vs 

Batman, Catwoman, Bane, The Joker, Deadshot 

2) Are you more a Marvel or DC person? What do you prefer? And Why?

3) What is your number one favourite movie? 

Iron man, Suicide squad, The Hulk, batman begins etc...

4) Who do you consider to be the most fascinating interesting character of DC...and of Marvel?
    1 - Those DC guys are going to get slaughtered! Only Bane has super strength out of that lot (only Iron Man doesn't in Marvel) and all of the Marvel guys can take a bullet so Deadshot is negated! 

2. Not entirely fussed re. comics, I just hope Warner have a better plan for the DCEU that's not as mirky as the last one. 

3. Spider-Man II is perfect.  

4. Wolverine and Constantine. 
  • Options
    For anyone who picked Marvel you may be interested in this 

Jonathan Majors has been found guilty of third degree assault and Harrasment 

He will be sentenced on feb 6th and could face up to 1 year in jail.

Considering Marvel have this whole phase based around him and his character Kang it will be interesting to see if they

A-Recast Kang

B-Kill Kang and suddenly go with another big Villain for the rest of this phase

• Options
    Kang's story is pretty much wrapped up if it needs to be, save for a post-credits scene that they're not necessarily tied to paying off. I would imagine it comes down to how much they want to stick with the pre-production work they've already been doing on the next Avengers movies. It's easy to recast a character with infinite variants. 

I just think, it's a franchise in turmoil at the moment anyway, so maybe they'll use this as an impetus to re-plan the next few years. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    "At a meeting in London in the spring of 1972, it was decided to create a new British comics division – a unique proposition which no US publisher had attempted before. The comics would be compiled by Marvel mainly in New York, with London adding editorial material and advertising, as well as arranging the printing, and the business would be run out of Wergan’s offices at High Holborn"..........

During my second year at art college, I managed to get a temporary job at the above offices, nothing really special at the time, but better than filling the shelves of the supermarkets. The artwork was shipped over from the states, to Holborn, on the opposite side of Chancery Lane. 
    I mainly  created Advertisements so Letraset, and 'inking in' in rotring pen's, usually because the Hulk had a particular  liking for rescuing young woman, from various villan's , the magazines were aimed at a younger audience in the UK, or so it seemed at the time.
    I had some artwork, stamped by Marvel, but sold it (being a hard up student). The job was only temporary, but they got pissed off when I returned to college as I only gave them a couple of days notice, the cheeky bastards bounced a cheque on me, I guess fair enough but I would have left anyway, it told me that I did not want to be a 'finished artist' !
    When I did leave college, the  printed samples came in handy, but I got a job as a magazine designer, and eventually as an art editor. Strangly I have no great affinity for Marvel, or classical music magazines that I worked on, along with quite a few titles. Of course it was rather arrogant, but I was a creative designer, and had my own ideas, a somewhat misplaced attitude, but  I worked with some great designers and photographers, it all seems such a long time ago now.

• Options
    edited December 2023
    There actually was a short lived Marvel v DC comic series in the mid-90s.

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Dave2l said:
    Will likely be going on a Disney + comic movie binge next week. Playing the game injustice 2 has given it the push. 

Few questions:

Vs 

4) Who do you consider to be the most fascinating interesting character of DC...and of Marvel?
    You change the DC line-up to Superman, Superboy, Supergirl, Mon-El, Ultra Boy, it's a no contest.  Or even just Supergirl, she wouldn't have trouble with any of those five - if it was a death match, just fly them into space and throw them into the sun. Marvel have no one comparable on a power level to the first four, not even Galactus or Captain Marvel, which is really a strength of Marvel comics but a weakness in a face-off.

As a child, I was always a Marvel fan, or specifically an X-Men fan, and then it got cancelled.  The only DC I was interested in was Legion of Super-Heroes, which then got cancelled.  You see a pattern here?  The only thing I read with any regularity now is Strangers in Paradise and its spin-offs by Terry Moore but I'd say if anything I'm more into Marvel than DC - they seem to get the better writers.

Favourite movie is between X-Men 2, the Batman with Heath Ledger, and Into the Spiderverse.

Fascinating characters?  Marvel is a toss-up between Spider-Man and Jessica Jones.  DC probably Batman, although with DC embracing having out characters now it would be interesting to see what they'd do with Lightning Lass and Shrinking Violet seeing as it was heavily hinted they were in a lesbian relationship back when DC didn't do anything other than heteronormative.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Few questions:

Vs 

You change the DC line-up to Superman, Superboy, Supergirl, Mon-El, Ultra Boy, it's a no contest.  Or even just Supergirl, she wouldn't have trouble with any of those five - if it was a death match, just fly them into space and throw them into the sun. Marvel have no one comparable on a power level to the first four, not even Galactus or Captain Marvel, which is really a strength of Marvel comics but a weakness in a face-off.

As a child, I was always a Marvel fan, or specifically an X-Men fan, and then it got cancelled.  The only DC I was interested in was Legion of Super-Heroes, which then got cancelled.  You see a pattern here?  The only thing I read with any regularity now is Strangers in Paradise and its spin-offs by Terry Moore but I'd say if anything I'm more into Marvel than DC - they seem to get the better writers.

Favourite movie is between X-Men 2, the Batman with Heath Ledger, and Into the Spiderverse.

Fascinating characters?  Marvel is a toss-up between Spider-Man and Jessica Jones.  DC probably Batman, although with DC embracing having out characters now it would be interesting to see what they'd do with Lightning Lass and Shrinking Violet seeing as it was heavily hinted they were in a lesbian relationship back when DC didn't do anything other than heteronormative.
    X2 really is a fucking great comic book movie.