Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Had forgotten all about McGrandles.  Is he injured or have the coaches just forgotten he exists as well?
  • Had forgotten all about McGrandles.  Is he injured or have the coaches just forgotten he exists as well?
    Out until about March 
  • Blimey. When did that happen and what is his injury?
  • Blimey. When did that happen and what is his injury?
    Ankle. He told my mate at the Bristol Rovers game that he probably wouldn't be running again for around 8 weeks. 
  • My expectations for the January transfer window, are low, very very low.
  • My expectations for the January transfer window, are low, very very low.
    So more like a door than a window
  • Kips said:
    My expectations for the January transfer window, are low, very very low.
    More like a trap door. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Blimey. When did that happen and what is his injury?
    Ankle. He told my mate at the Bristol Rovers game that he probably wouldn't be running again for around 8 weeks. 
    That’s clever considering he got injured in the game after Bristol Rovers ….. ????? 

He got injured in November, the Bristol Rovers game was in December...

He got injured when he came on against Brighton that’s when his latest injury was .. 
    im confused. Wasn't the conversation about mcgrandles 
    Yes... Ronnie is getting himself confused, probably missed the Plymouth Herald release about his injury
  • Kips said:
    More like a trap door. 
    Sort of but more like a Cat flap.
  • Frankly there are three quarters of the squad that aren’t good enough to get us out of league one. Tinkering with it this January will hopefully see off relegation but we really do need to hope that there is a change of ownership and that comes with both money and ambition. In my humble opinion this summer needs a turnover of players at around the 16 mark with around 9 being shoe in first teamers. I doubt we’ll get anywhere near close to that and HMS Piss The League is not even out of the drawing board stage.
  • Plenty of first team squad players I would like moved on, even if no fees involved, it will free up places. Mac, DJ, Kirk,  Dobson and Mcgrandles ( what was Lepoint in him ) would be a good start.
    Hmmm.....

Someone who only joined here a week ago thinks last seasons POTS and the best player this season should be "moved on".

A plant to soften the blow I wonder 🤔.
    Possibly. Or a Palace fan. 
  • New strikers. Omar Bogle is scoring one in three this season. Maybe not.
  • He only joined them in the summer from Gateshead (Vaguely remember him from our FA Cup tie last season), so is probably a non-starter but Macaulay Langstaff @ Notts County will no doubt have a lot of scouts keeping an eye on him going into next month.

21-goals in 23-games in the National League this season... No doubt gonna be tipped as the next... "Jamie Vardy"
  • Sponsored links:

• He only joined them in the summer from Gateshead (Vaguely remember him from our FA Cup tie last season), so is probably a non-starter but Macaulay Langstaff @ Notts County will no doubt have a lot of scouts keeping an eye on him going into next month.

21-goals in 23-games in the National League this season... No doubt gonna be tipped as the next... "Jamie Vardy"
    Dont think there is an issue shopping in those leagues especially at that level but dont want him ending up like Stuart Fleetwood who was pants! 

Do get some gems so could be worth a punt.
  • This January could be the difference between league one or leave two next season. Let’s get the punts in during the summer. Right now we need every penny we can muster on getting in players who can ensure our survival. What we have are in the main clearly not good enough or made of papier-mâché 

Been linked with Championship clubs so i doubt we'd have much of a chance.
  • looking for a left sided mid / wing back / left back I go back to Stockport and make an offer for Ryan Rydel 

He looks more complete than other non league strikers we have taken a punt on previously.
  • edited December 2022
    Kips said:
    More like a trap door. 
    A catflap. Doh! Beaten to it.
  • Next week is going to be a busy one…
    Let’s hope so, because if it isn’t we’re going to get sucked further into a relegation battle. 
  • edited December 2022
  • Frankly there are three quarters of the squad that aren’t good enough to get us out of league one. Tinkering with it this January will hopefully see off relegation but we really do need to hope that there is a change of ownership and that comes with both money and ambition. In my humble opinion this summer needs a turnover of players at around the 16 mark with around 9 being shoe in first teamers. I doubt we’ll get anywhere near close to that and HMS Piss The League is not even out of the drawing board stage.
    Absolutely this.  I still don’t understand why anyone else hangs onto the argument we’re 3 or 4 good players away.  9 shoe in first teamers is absolutely correct, not just 9 squad players.

the worry I have about Jan as a window is finding that quality that will make a difference long term.  3 examples of Jan signings, last season and the season before.  Mansfield in 2021 was given a 3 year contract, and he’s turned out to not be good enough.  Last year, Aneke and Fraser.  Both given long deals and not good enough to get us out this league.  We’re stuck with all 3 of them.  

As much as I would like a few new faces in Jan, I really hope that unless we’re signing them from a level above (unlikely), they’re short term deals and we don’t repeat the mistakes of the last 2 years.  We can’t afford to be giving crap players long deals like we have with Stockley, Kirk, Aneke etc etc