Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    To free up funds and squad places, I would sell Inniss, Stockley, Kirk, Morgan and MacGillivray.

I would sign 2 strikers, a winger, a left back and a centre back. 

I would also consider Henry as a first team player in the squad, replacing Morgan's role, and I would utilise more loans
    I get where you’re coming from but good luck selling those five. I guarantee there won’t be a queue. We’ll definitely want to unload some players but it’s going to be tough and if we don’t want to sell Dobson, Leaburn and Clare I think the only practical way of reducing the squad is just either paying up some contracts or hopefully loan some out but can we ? 
    Yeah I'm not talking about asking for loads of money for them, nominal fees that get them off the wage books would be best, or loans where the other team pays the majority of the wages at the very least
  • sam3110 said:
    To free up funds and squad places, I would sell Inniss, Stockley, Kirk, Morgan and MacGillivray.

I would sign 2 strikers, a winger, a left back and a centre back. 

I would also consider Henry as a first team player in the squad, replacing Morgan's role, and I would utilise more loans
    We will get about £3 for that lot, if we are lucky
  • We might aswell keep Inniss until the summer, at least he's someone who will be in for the battle. I can't see us getting a penny for Stockley or Mac, we could probably still get fees for Kirk and Morgan, but not a lot. 
  • We might aswell keep Inniss until the summer, at least he's someone who will be in for the battle. I can't see us getting a penny for Stockley or Mac, we could probably still get fees for Kirk and Morgan, but not a lot. 
    Can’t see us getting fees for any of those. It will only be a wage bill reduction. 

Jack Marriott apparently being allowed to leave the Posh 
  • edited December 2022
    Not expecting half a squad rebuilding. Nor see much point. It's January plus we've got a quarter of the recruitment team on a 4 week temp contract and a manager who plays a different formation and  playing style to the one we (not very successfully)  recruited for who probably won't be here past the end of the season. Recruit for Holden now and hope any players are wanted by any new man or recruit as we have been and hope Holden can use them... 

At any rate would expect something like, Kirk, DJ, JFC most likely out on loan, with  possibly Clare sold. 

Bring in a decent CB to help Inniss and Lavelle in a 3 but can partner O'Connell in a 2 longer term as well.
    A LB because, we don't have one. 
    Loans in to freshen up the front line.

Stumble over the finish line and, sigh, start again in the summer...

Unless the secret take over has actually happened, then spend spend spend.

• Sponsored links:

• Think that’s about right. Do enough to limp over the line and go again, hopefully under new ownership, in the summer.
  • Think that’s about right. Do enough to limp over the line and go again, hopefully under new ownership, in the summer.
    Think this is probably correct but I’m not completely sure where Scott fits into this scenario. He’s not the messiah by any means but he usually swims in very different pools to what we’ve recently been used to. If we were going shopping for frees and L2 again he seems to me probably the wrong person to oversee it. 
    Think this is probably correct but I’m not completely sure where Scott fits into this scenario. He’s not the messiah by any means but he usually swims in very different pools to what we’ve recently been used to. If we were going shopping for frees and L2 again he seems to me probably the wrong person to oversee it. 

Scott's worked scouting and recruitment at Brentford, Watford, Swansea and Forest those plus Gallen's Chelsea, QPR and Palace links makes for a tidy pool to go loan shopping in for the short term.

• All I can see happening is a few tweaks to make sure we remain in lge 1 this season.
    Jan is crackers so no point in gambling just to get in the playoff lottery 
  • We need more than a few tweaks to make sure we stay in league one. I can’t see where wins are coming from as we simply can’t hold on to a lead.

Dont win multiple games between now and May and we will be relegated. Simple as that 
  • Not expecting half a squad rebuilding. Nor see much point. It's January plus we've got a quarter of the recruitment team on a 4 week temp contract and a manager who plays a different formation and  playing style to the one we (not very successfully)  recruited for who probably won't be here past the end of the season. Recruit for Holden now and hope any players are wanted by any new man or recruit as we have been and hope Holden can use them... 

At any rate would expect something like, Kirk, DJ, JFC most likely out on loan, with  possibly Clare sold. 

Bring in a decent CB to help Inniss and Lavelle in a 3 but can partner O'Connell in a 2 longer term as well.

I really can’t see us getting in a CH and nor do I think we have any need for one in January.
    In addition to the three who played yesterday we have O’Connel and Thomas to come back, Mitchell and Clair. 
    I would be more than happy with two strikers and a left back. 
  • CafcSCP said:
    All I can see happening is a few tweaks to make sure we remain in lge 1 this season.
    Jan is crackers so no point in gambling just to get in the playoff lottery 
    It wouldn’t be a gamble if we tried to spend big to get into the playoffs, it would be a certain disaster. 

The focus needs to be on survival and we need a few additions even to be sure of reaching that target.
  • In my utopian world, goodbye to everyone except Dobson, Leaburn and possibly Clare.  This is never going to happen, but I would like to see a few moved on, if only to send a message/freshen it up 
  • cabbles said:
    In my utopian world, goodbye to everyone except Dobson, Leaburn and possibly Clare.  This is never going to happen, but I would like to see a few moved on, if only to send a message/freshen it up 
    Needs to be a willing buyer to move someone on, finding one for any of our duffers would certainly be a fantastic outcome!
  • Redrobo said:
    Not expecting half a squad rebuilding. Nor see much point. It's January plus we've got a quarter of the recruitment team on a 4 week temp contract and a manager who plays a different formation and  playing style to the one we (not very successfully)  recruited for who probably won't be here past the end of the season. Recruit for Holden now and hope any players are wanted by any new man or recruit as we have been and hope Holden can use them... 

I really can’t see us getting in a CH and nor do I think we have any need for one in January.
    In addition to the three who played yesterday we have O’Connel and Thomas to come back, Mitchell and Clair. 

With Holden preferring 3 at the back I think it's a must.

Prior to the Brighton game Inniss and Lavelle have been pretty woeful, with plenty of people wanting shot of both sooner rather than later, Thomas barely kicked a ball before he got injured so god knows what his fitness will be like when he eventually returns. 

Inniss, Lavelle plus two youth prospects to see out the remainder of the season in a back 3 with two long term injuries to get fit, not particularly inspiring for me 😅
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

Prior to the Brighton game Inniss and Lavelle have been pretty woeful, with plenty of people wanting shot of both sooner rather than later, Thomas barely kicked a ball before he got injured so god knows what his fitness will be like when he eventually returns. 

Inniss, Lavelle plus two youth prospects to see out the remainder of the season in a back 3 with two long term injuries to get fit, not particularly inspiring for me 😅
    Isn't Thomas actually out of contract in January as well? 
  • se9addick said:
    cabbles said:
    In my utopian world, goodbye to everyone except Dobson, Leaburn and possibly Clare.  This is never going to happen, but I would like to see a few moved on, if only to send a message/freshen it up 
    Needs to be a willing buyer to move someone on, finding one for any of our duffers would certainly be a fantastic outcome!
    There would be no shortage of takers.  The issue is we will end up paying the majority of their wages and you can't force the player to move.  Why, especially if you have a young family settled in the area, would you move to Barrow for 4 months when you could stay at home and still get paid.

The easiest two to move out on loan would be Kirk and DJ.

If we are going to play 352 for the foreseeable they would both be automatically out of the side as well.  I don't think we are going to be in a situation where we have to worry about having too many players. 
  • edited December 2022
    Plenty of first team squad players I would like moved on, even if no fees involved, it will free up places. Mac, DJ, Kirk,  Morgan  and Mcgrandles ( what was Lepoint in him ) would be a good start.
    I feel like this is every summer at the moment 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:

Think out of the current crop of defenders it's Egbo, Lavelle, O'Connell, Mitchell, Ness and chin that here past the summer?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:

Nope he signed a one year deal

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/done-deal-terell-thomas-returns-addicks
  • cafc4life said:
    Plenty of first team squad players I would like moved on, even if no fees involved, it will free up places. Mac, DJ, Kirk,  Dobson and Mcgrandles ( what was Lepoint in him ) would be a good start.
    Dobson? Behave yourself 
    Edited should have been Morgan. Still half asleep
  • edited December 2022
    Plenty of first team squad players I would like moved on, even if no fees involved, it will free up places. Mac, DJ, Kirk,  Dobson and Mcgrandles ( what was Lepoint in him ) would be a good start.
    Hmmm.....

Someone who only joined here a week ago thinks last seasons POTS and the best player this season should be "moved on".

A plant to soften the blow I wonder 🤔.
    Edited :  Should have been Morgan. Still half asleep. However if there is billions coming in from the takeover ? 😂