Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• So he's injured before he even gets to us.
  • No to Taylor, No to Marquis.
  • If we go for a new Striker... Collins @ Bristol Rovers might be worth a look, 11-goals / 7-assists for them this season.

Although could be another Stockton, and never really stood out against us last week. 
  • I would agree with a few posters on here that a few quality signings would make a difference, signings that should have been made in close season. Left back, centre back and now with the realisation of Chuks longevity as a professional footballer and Stockley's poor form, two quality forwards. I don't care if they are permanents or loans but they are much needed.  
  • What about Cole Stockton? Last I heard he'd refused to sign a contract at Morecambe and his stats this season suggest he's just going through the motions until he's a free agent so they'll definitely want to move him on.
  • One of the Burton albion strikers was pretty decent when we drew 3 all with them, not sure what his name was but had pace and decent hold up play
  • edited December 2022
    One of the Burton albion strikers was pretty decent when we drew 3 all with them, not sure what his name was but had pace and decent hold up play
    Victor Adeboyejo.

10 goals in 22 appearances so far this season. Spent the previous two seasons in the Championship with Barnsley.
  • Believe he was on our books as a youngster.
  • Bournesnr said:
    Believe he was on our books as a youngster.
    Wiki suggests as much: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Adeboyejo
  • Sponsored links:

• No to Taylor, No to Marquis.
    Yes to any  player that can get us out of this mess
  • I quoted Tolaji Bola Rotherham and  Tayo Edun Blackburn as two possible left back targets earlier in the thread.
  • Nathanial Ogbeta at Swansea is another Championship left back who has experience at this level having previously been at Shrewsbury.
  • Exciting though innit
  • Redrobo said:
    Given his Notts Forest connections I wonder if a certain Mr Taylor is a loan target?
    If he ever pulls on a CAFC shirt then I wont be there to see him.

He effectively relegated us in 19/20. If he had seen out the season like 99% of other players did then I'm certain we would have stayed up.....and probably still in the Championship now.
    I agree up to your last statement - neither RD nor TS would have kept us in the league for another 3 seasons 
  • Depending on the January budget Luke Jephcott out of favour at Plymouth currently on loan at Swindon maybe worth a punt.
  • Depending on the January budget Luke Jephcott out of favour at Plymouth currently on loan at Swindon maybe worth a punt.
    Hoping we can do better. He’s not really kicked on for some time now.
  • Harry McKirdy came on for Hibbs yesterday and was lively and unlucky not to score. Has not played a lot and I think they only paid about £150k. 
    The one we should have signed from Swindon and just the sort of player we need to play off the shoulder. Maybe worth a punt.
    Hoping we can do better. He’s not really kicked on for some time now.
    Not kicked on for some time. Will fit in nicely then. Like I say though depends on the budget but has scored at this level admittedly form then dropped but currently doing ok out on loan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    Harry McKirdy came on for Hibbs yesterday and was lively and unlucky not to score. Has not played a lot and I think they only paid about £150k. 
    The one we should have signed from Swindon and just the sort of player we need to play off the shoulder. Maybe worth a punt.
    L2 player.
  • Has Tyreece Simpson even played a minute for Huddersfield yet?
  • Dizzle said:
    Has Tyreece Simpson even played a minute for Huddersfield yet?
    Came off the bench for debut a couple of weeks ago after a knee injury.
  • Dizzle said:
    Has Tyreece Simpson even played a minute for Huddersfield yet?
    2 sub appearances , just back from a knee injury 
  • Fair play, cheers lads 
  • Hard to see Andy Scott being involved with L2 and average L1 signings. It’s intriguing 
    Which does beg the question whether his knowledge of players at our level is that up to date?
  • sam3110 said:
    To free up funds and squad places, I would sell Inniss, Stockley, Kirk, Morgan and MacGillivray.

I would sign 2 strikers, a winger, a left back and a centre back. 

I would also consider Henry as a first team player in the squad, replacing Morgan's role, and I would utilise more loans
    More LWB than LB you’d think. We need a couple of CBs and strikers for sure. If we’re going to play 352 then a winger won’t be needed. 
  • edited December 2022
    Loans are definitely a weird one. I have no idea why we didn’t get more through the door in the summer.

IMO we need a left back, an upgrade at centre back and two strikers. Plus cover for anyone who leaves.

If we’re moving away from formations that need wingers, that puts the likes of Kirk and DJ on the chopping block. Hopefully we can find destinations for MacGillivray and Forster-Caskey too.