Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

My book: From Hashtag United to Wembley - Raising money for The Upbeats

I have written a book called From Hashtag United to Wembley. The 333 pages of the book follow my 2021-22 season FA Trophy trail. I started at Hashtag United in the First Round Qualifying and followed the winners of each tie all the way to Wembley. The book is a light-hearted story of my travels, much people-watching, an exploration of each home town or city, meeting supporters and watching some excellent games. The book is now available on Amazon in paperback or Kindle format. You can grab a copy at this link. Any questions? Just ask away.

I wrote the book purely for fun and will be donating profits from the sale of any books to the Charlton Upbeats. 

Match list:

1RQ - Hashtag United v Chipstead
2RQ - Aylesbury United v Chipstead
3RQ - Chipstead v Whitehawk
1R - Bishop's Stortford v Chipstead
2R - Bishop's Stortford v Leiston
3R - Cheshunt v Bishop's Stortford
4R - St Albans v Cheshunt
5R - Stockport County v Cheshunt
QF - Needham Market v Stockport County
SF - Wrexham v Stockport County
F - Bromley v Wrexham
Winners: Bromley

Comments

• Ordered, looking forward to reading it. Congratulations on your commitment to such a worthy cause.
  • edited October 2022
    Great idea for a book and in aid of a wonderful cause.

Ordered and delivers on Friday, and very much look forward to reading it.

Great stuff @thai malaysia addick 
  • looks great, congratulations Thai. Will order tonight 
  • If someone wants to write a 800 word review mentioning the upbeats link I'll get it in the programme 
  • edited October 2022
    Ordered, looking forward to reading it. Congratulations on your commitment to such a worthy cause.
    Thanks for buying. I hope it doesn’t disappoint. To be honest, I wrote it to fulfil an ambition. It was a lot of work but I enjoyed every bit of it. The artwork for the cover is way beyond my skills. I don’t expect to sell a million copies, but I thought it was a way of raising a bit for the Upbeats.

• It’s arrived, nice one @thai malaysia addick 👍
  • I’m being interviewed on BBC Three Counties Radio’s Non-League Show today some time after 1pm. I’ll try and give Charlton Upbeats a mention.
  • Looks good … ordered 
  • Ordered. I somehow managed to miss this thread!

I keep meaning to write a book, but can't think of anything to write about yet...
  • Congratulations on getting your book published, Phil. Looking forward to reading it on the Kindle. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2022
    Nice one! 

If you can get the attention of the Hashtag United social channels, you might be able to get a decent social media boost. They've a big internet following from the YouTube generation and have 225k followers on Twitter - more than most EFL clubs.
  • edited November 2022
    A wise man told me Callum they have a half a million YouTube subscribers, more than Leicester City.

@thai malaysia addick :-) 
  • Bump. This is a very entertaining read @thai malaysia addick
  • AshBurton said:
    Bump. This is a very entertaining read @thai malaysia addick
    Thanks, @AshBurton. If you want to be my literary agent and send me round the world exploring non-League football in other countries, I would only want business class flights - no need for first class.
  • Two page review in the programme today

• edited December 2022
    Chizz said:
    I have written a book called From Hashtag United to Wembley. The 333 pages of the book follow my 2021-22 season FA Trophy trail. I started at Hashtag United in the First Round Qualifying and followed the winners of each tie all the way to Wembley. The book is a light-hearted story of my travels, much people-watching, an exploration of each home town or city, meeting supporters and watching some excellent games. The book is now available on Amazon in paperback or Kindle format. You can grab a copy at this link. Any questions? Just ask away.

I wrote the book purely for fun and will be donating profits from the sale of any books to the Charlton Upbeats. 

Match list:

1RQ - Hashtag United v Chipstead
    2RQ - Aylesbury United v Chipstead
    3RQ - Chipstead v Whitehawk
    1R - Bishop's Stortford v Chipstead
    2R - Bishop's Stortford v Leiston
    3R - Cheshunt v Bishop's Stortford
    4R - St Albans v Cheshunt
    5R - Stockport County v Cheshunt
    QF - Needham Market v Stockport County
    SF - Wrexham v Stockport County
    F - Bromley v Wrexham
    Winners: Bromley
    You've given the whole body plot away 
    It’s not a murder mystery, @chizz, although you’ll find that there are times when I could murder a pint. Perfect stocking-filler!
  • I really can’t recommend this book enough. If you enjoy people watching and general observational stuff then you’ll love this book. In book terms it’s a comfy pair of slippers, I’m around halfway through (which is about the most I’ve read in a decade) and I’m thoroughly enjoying it.

plus it’s supporting the Upbeats, so it’s not too late to get it on your Xmas list.

well done @thai malaysia addick great achievement 
  • Great work Phil - Just ordered it too via SmileAmazon.  

PS Just in case anyone is not aware,if one orders anything on  SmileAmazon website rather than Amazon a donation is made to charity.  I nominate CASPA - an Autism Charity based in Bromley but one can choose any charity they like.  I know  it is a drop in the Ocean for Amazon, but every little bit helps.
  • Ash showed me his review at the match yesterday. Ordered! Love the 'winner stays on' idea behind which fixtures to attend!
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Ash showed me his review at the match yesterday. Ordered! Love the 'winner stays on' idea behind which fixtures to attend!
    Are you off to see Bristol Rovers next week?
  • Leuth said:
    Ash showed me his review at the match yesterday. Ordered! Love the 'winner stays on' idea behind which fixtures to attend!
    I'd love to hope that there's a nutter somewhere who does this
  • Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    I'd love to hope that there's a nutter somewhere who does this
    They wouldn't be watching Charlton for long
  • edited March 2023
    Received this for Christmas but 'Er Indoors tidied it up and it has only just emerged once more.

About halfway through and thoroughly enjoying it. Well done Phil @thai malaysia addick
  • LenGlover said:
    Received this for Christmas but 'Er Indoors tidied it up and it has only just emerged once more.

About halfway through and thoroughly enjoying it. Well done Phil @thai malaysia addick
    Good to hear you are enjoying it, @LenGlover, and good to know the Upbeats gained a few quid too. To be fair, I witnessed some very decent games and had a lot of fun on the way.
  • Just ordered. Pleased to support a worthy cause and looking forward to reading it. 
  • lindos480 said:
    Just ordered. Pleased to support a worthy cause and looking forward to reading it. 
    It’s a great book, you’ll love it. 
  • I noticed today a mini-rush of sales, probably due to @lenglover’s post. Thanks to those buying a copy.
  • Just popped it on the kindle ready for holibobs in a couple of weeks…
  • Gave it to my Dad for Christmas and he really enjoyed it so going to have a read myself.