Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Liam Dickinson

edited June 2009 in Rumours
Today's Mirror suggesting that we're after striker, Liam Dickinson from Derby. He's a decent lower leagues striker but we have quite a few of those already.

Comments

• What a great signing this would be i'm a big fan of his and i think he's a really good player, he's shown that against us last season
  • Don't remember Derby having any strikers that shone out against us no more than Burnley did the year before so it is a hope not from me.
  • [cite]Posted By: StrikerFirmani[/cite]Don't remember Derby having any strikers that shone out against us no more than Burnley did the year before so it is a hope not from me.

I think he was loaned out to Blackpool, Huddersfield and Leeds last season and he did ok.
  • [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK joe[/cite]What a great signing this would be i'm a big fan of his and i think he's a really good player, he's shown that against us last season

Really?????
  • [cite]Posted By: StrikerFirmani[/cite]Don't remember Derby having any strikers that shone out against us no more than Burnley did the year before so it is a hope not from me.
    Blackpool

[cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK joe[/cite]What a great signing this would be i'm a big fan of his and i think he's a really good player, he's shown that against us last season

Really?????

Yeah i think he is the big lump we missed when big Chris left us, this bloke also has pace and can finish
  • edited June 2009
    Scored 33 in 94 for Stockport, 6 in 13 for Huddersfield on loan and 4 in 7 for Blackpool on loan. 6 foot striker black (not that that matters description purpose only), caused us all sorts of probs last season on his Blackpool loan debut up there, think he scored twice. Take a look at Wiki.
  • Just text my mate who is Company Secretary at Derby and his reply was, Hope So.
  • He has been awful in the Championship (apart from a short spell at Blackpool) but at this level he has been excellent. Good for us if true
  • edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Today's Mirror suggesting that we're after striker, Liam Dickinson from Derby. He's a decent lower leagues striker but we have quite a few of those already.

It also says we are fighting it out with Norwich for him and Derby are willing to let him go for £200K.

Hopefully, we won the fight with Norwich for Llera.

Looks like we are/ will be going for the same players as Norwich, not surprising really.
  • Scoring 2 goals against Charlton last year was not the sign of a good striker, it just meant you could get past Hudson, and lets face it that is not difficult.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]Scoring 2 goals against Charlton last year was not the sign of a good striker, it just meant you could get past Hudson, and lets face it that is not difficult.

Agreed, but I saw a lot of the goals he scored for Stockport and he looked a real handful, albeit in Division 2. Mind you Varney and McLeod etc looked good a few years ago.
  • Saw him tear us apart at Blackpool - I would love to see him play for us; I think he would be great at div 3 level.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: StrikerFirmani[/cite]Don't remember Derby having any strikers that shone out against us no more than Burnley did the year before so it is a hope not from me.

I think he was loaned out to Blackpool, Huddersfield and Leeds last season and he did ok.

Thanks for the clarification.
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]Scoring 2 goals against Charlton last year was not the sign of a good striker, it just meant you could get past Hudson, and lets face it that is not difficult.

Have to agree with Valleyman.
  • If this is true, he would be an excellent signing for League one level.
  • He would be a great signing.

Would be nice to know who our manager is first though eh!
  • He'd need a service first, as would anyone we signed.

Let's hope we can keep/sign the players who can do that.
  • Him and Llera would be great signings, in exactly the positions we need. Now all we need's a manager and we'll be getting there !!
  • edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]Him and Llera would be great signings, in exactly the positions we need. Now all we need's a manager and we'll be getting there !!

But if you are happy with the signings you need to ask yourself who is making them. Right now that man is Parky and it might well be the Board, in their wisdom, decide they need to persevere with PP as they aren't in a position financially to do anything else.

Most people think Parky was really behind the signing of Iwelumo - one of Pardew's very few limited successes IMHO.

If Richard Murray tips the wink to Parky to carry on that's OK in my book. I'll trust RM to make the right call whether PP stays or ultimately goes.
  • [quote]Most people think Parky was really behind the signing of Iwelumo - one of Pardew's very few limited successes IMHO.[quote]

Funny how Iwelumo is now seen as a success, my recollection of his stay with us was that most people thought he was a useless donkey a few of us thought the problem was service and Pardew
  • Iwelumo was hardly a useless lump as he was our top scorer despite not starting every game. Plus he was top scorer in the Championship last year until he started to pick up a few injuries. We need to remember we're in league one now, not the championship, and if Dickinson is proven at this level then he will be a good signing. Lets face it, he can't be any worse than the forwards we've already got. Andy Gray anyone?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Iwelumo was hardly a useless lump as he was our top scorer despite not starting every game. Plus he was top scorer in the Championship last year until he started to pick up a few injuries. [/quote]

Thats my point but at the time he was the victim of much abuse on the message boards, I recall watrching the Charlton West Brom game at Floyds or whatever it is called these days --Bartrams?-- Iwelumo got injured on the half way line, hobbled up to the penalty area for a corner and scored,just pre half time. Half time went for a wee and a fellow urinator said how he was dissapointed as it was Iwelumo who had scored. Throughout that season so many fans decribed Iwelumo as a lump, when he was one of our better players and now suddenly his supporters are in the majority. its a bit like the 80's when no body would admit to having voted for Thatcher
  • Sign him
  • I would be pleased if we sign him to have along side gray, burton, dicko and Izzale who i think may suprise a few if given the chance next year.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ben_Staines[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]Him and Llera would be great signings, in exactly the positions we need. Now all we need's a manager and we'll be getting there !!

But if you are happy with the signings you need to ask yourself who is making them. Right now that man is Parky and it might well be the Board, in their wisdom, decide they need to persevere with PP as they aren't in a position financially to do anything else.

Most people think Parky was really behind the signing of Iwelumo - one of Pardew's very few limited successes IMHO.

If Richard Murray tips the wink to Parky to carry on that's OK in my book. I'll trust RM to make the right call whether PP stays or ultimately goes.

Happy with what signings ? You know as well as I do Henry that we won't believe anything until it's on the OS. So Parky is still Manager ? You know this how ? Just that some of us have heard differently. I wonder, did you trust RM to make the right call when Pards went ? Because if you did he didn't so why trust him to make the right call now ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Iwelumo was hardly a useless lump as he was our top scorer despite not starting every game. Plus he was top scorer in the Championship last year until he started to pick up a few injuries.

Thats my point but at the time he was the victim of much abuse on the message boards, I recall watrching the Charlton West Brom game at Floyds or whatever it is called these days --Bartrams?-- Iwelumo got injured on the half way line, hobbled up to the penalty area for a corner and scored,just pre half time. Half time went for a wee and a fellow urinator said how he was dissapointed as it was Iwelumo who had scored. Throughout that season so many fans decribed Iwelumo as a lump, when he was one of our better players and now suddenly his supporters are in the majority. its a bit like the 80's when no body would admit to having voted for Thatcher

Iwelumo was worth his weight in gold when we had a fit Todorov and Andy Reid feeding him.

Decent on the floor, and decent in the air ........ when he had a service from the wings.
    Couldn't produce the goods isolated up front, with the ball just lumped vaguely in his direction by clueless defenders.

Might as well bang the old drum again. Iwelumo was as good as the service he got - when the team was set up to play to his strengths. That never happened at all once Reid was injured and then sold.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Iwelumo was hardly a useless lump as he was our top scorer despite not starting every game. Plus he was top scorer in the Championship last year until he started to pick up a few injuries.

Iwelumo was worth his weight in gold when we had a fit Todorov and Andy Reid feeding him.

Decent on the floor, and decent in the air ........ when he had a service from the wings.
    Couldn't produce the goods isolated up front, with the ball just lumped vaguely in his direction by clueless defenders.

Might as well bang the old drum again. Iwelumo was as good as the service he got - when the team was set up to play to his strengths. That never happened at all once Reid was injured and then sold.

Agreed. As he proved when he went to Wolves and had Kightly and Jarvis supplying him crosses, if you give him service he will score goals.
  • Good feet for a big man
  • Thats cheered me up thanks Matt869!

LOL!
  • [cite]Posted By: matt896[/cite]slp thinks its off for those who havnt seen.
    http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=23700&headline=Addicks

For gawd sake don't let Large see this :)