Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Accrington [30/7/22] Advance train tickets

edited June 2022 in General Charlton
 Advance tickets available on the following trains.
Dep Euston 08.30 Arr Preston 10.38 price £33.00 [£21.75] Cheapest train

Euston 09.30 Arr Preston 11.38 price £43.70 [£28.80]
       Euston 10.30 Arr Preston 12.38 as above
       Euston 11.30 Arr Preston 13.38 as above

Return
 Dep Preston  17.59 Arr Euston 20.27 price £30.30 [£19.95]
 Dep Preston  19.02 Arr Euston 21.44 price £32.00 [£21.10]
Dep Preston   20.06 Arr Euston  22.47 Price £30.30 [£19.95]

Trains between Preston / Accrington depart at 46/57 minutes past the hour arriving 11/35 past the hour
Trains between Accrington/Preston depart at 12/41 minutes past the hour arriving  21/40 past the hour
Day return costs £8.40 [£5.50]
Railcard fares in brackets.
The stadium is about a 20 minute walk from the station.

Comments

• Even though I travel from Bristol to matches, I always love these threads
  • I have not looked at prices but you can also get to Accrington via Leeds.
    Journey time is one hour.
  • Can you not go via Manchester?
  • Just booked mine £60 return with family Railcard.
  • clive said:
     Advance tickets available on the following trains.
    Dep Euston 08.30 Arr Preston 10.38 price £33.00 [£21.75] Cheapest train

Euston 09.30 Arr Preston 11.38 price £43.70 [£28.80]
           Euston 10.30 Arr Preston 12.38 as above
           Euston 11.30 Arr Preston 13.38 as above

Return
     Dep Preston  17.59 Arr Euston 20.27 price £30.30 [£19.95]
     Dep Preston  19.02 Arr Euston 21.44 price £32.00 [£21.10]
    Dep Preston   20.06 Arr Euston  22.47 Price £30.30 [£19.95]

Trains between Preston / Accrington depart at 46/57 minutes past the hour arriving 11/35 past the hour
    Trains between Accrington/Preston depart at 12/41 minutes past the hour arriving  21/40 past the hour
    Day return costs £8.40 [£5.50]
    Railcard fares in brackets.
    The stadium is about a 20 minute walk from the station.

Check with Mick Lynch first
    Yep.
  • Leeds to Accrington return comes in around £10 with a card.
    Not really, journey time is roughly the same as Euston to Preston, plus a journey time of at least an hour to Accrington.
    The fare would also be a lot higher.
  • No tickets left on the 8.30 so I am on the 7.30 . It’s a Mr Foakes special so an early start for me from deepest Kent 
  • I went via Leeds back in March. LNER advanced tickets are normally cheaper than Avanti's. Scenic route journey from Leeds to Accy as well
  • Sponsored links:

• £60ish quid to kick off the season. I've not missed buying train tickets!
  • Mine were £82
  • matt88 said:
    I went via Leeds back in March. LNER advanced tickets are normally cheaper than Avanti's. Scenic route journey from Leeds to Accy as well
      Advance Tickets available on this route, prices as follows
    Depart Kings Cross 08.03 Arr Leeds 10.16 Price £19.80 [£13.05]
    Depart Kings Cross08.33 Arr Leeds 10.47  Price £22.50 [£14.85]

Depart Leeds 10.58 Arr Accrington 12.11 Price Day Return £17.00 [£11.20]

Return
    Depart Accrington 17.27 Arrive Leeds 19.02 change at Todmorden

Dep Leeds 19.16 Arr Kings Cross 21.31 Price £22.50 [£14.85]
    Dep Leeds 19.45 Arr Kings Cross 21.54 Price £23.90 [£15.75]
  • Just breaking that 8 rail companies to strike on 30th July.
    not sure which companies yet.
  • edited July 2022
    Includes Northern, which presumably is the last part of most people's journeys
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jul/14/train-drivers-at-eight-uk-operators-to-strike-on-30-july-aslef

And LNER for anyone going via Leeds 
  • Just breaking that 8 rail companies to strike on 30th July.
    not sure which companies yet.

ASLEF members at eight companies – Arriva Rail London; Chiltern Railways; Greater Anglia; Great Western; Hull Trains; LNER; Southeastern; and West Midlands Trains – will strike on Saturday 30 July.

• RedPanda said:
    Includes Northern, which presumably is the last part of most people's journeys
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jul/14/train-drivers-at-eight-uk-operators-to-strike-on-30-july-aslef

And LNER for anyone going via Leeds 
    And also includes southeastern which most will (not now) be beginning their journey.
  • Northern Rail is not on strike that day as their strike ballot is not finished until 25th August & 14 days notice has to be given on strike action.
    https://news.sky.com/story/second-rail-strike-planned-for-end-of-july-12651928
  • I'm not booking any away train travel, whilst strike action is threatened.
  • Take it we can get a refund if we have pre booked tickets. As I got no way of getting to London from Kent
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    Going up to Birmingham to meet a mate and go to the cricket at the Commonwealth Games that day, been a proper faff.

- Can't drive as then going onto Leeds for work on the Sunday and there's not much parking at the hotel/work.
    - Booked a coach as I was worried about train strikes. 
    - Coach I booked gets cancelled.
    - Thought sod it, I'll get the train, get the coach refunded, booked the train.
    - Train strike announced.
    - Booked the coach as a back-up to the train now, but gets in about 3 hours later than I wanted!

Hoping maybe the strikes get called off.

Now got to hope nothing extends to the Sunday as need to get from Birmingham to Leeds!!
  • edited July 2022
    Take it we can get a refund if we have pre booked tickets. As I got no way of getting to London from Kent
    Depending where you are in Kent, Thameslink services should be running as normal from Rainham, Orpington & Sevonoaks.
    https://www.thameslinkrailway.com/destinations-and-offers/where-we-travel-to/our-routes
  • I am in Strood Clive which would mean getting the quarter to 5 train as I am on the 7.30 from Euston 
  • Ah we had booked via Leeds, what a nightmare - great start to the season.

Are there routes from London to Accrington that are not currently affected? 
  • se9addick said:
    Ah we had booked via Leeds, what a nightmare - great start to the season.

Avanti West Coast from Euston/ Preston & Northern Rail between Preston/ Accrington should be running as normal.
  • Avanti Is ok at the moment 
  • clive said:
    se9addick said:

Avanti West Coast from Euston/ Preston & Northern Rail between Preston/ Accrington should be running as normal.
    And Tubes/the Elizabeth Line? 
  • se9addick said:

Easyjet ? 

Sorry, I do feel your pain.
  • It would be nice if the club recognised the problems for supporters travelling to this game and organised free coach travel.
    This of course would not even be thought of or discussed.
  • HandG said:
    clive said:
    se9addick said:

And Tubes/the Elizabeth Line? 
    There is no Elizabeth line between Abbey Wood/Paddington on that day due to planned engineering work, tubes should be running a normal service.
    https://content.tfl.gov.uk/planned-track-closures.pdf