Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Accrington [30/7/22] Advance train tickets

Comments

• Options
    Now got another option. I managed to cancel my ticket to Preston. I am now getting a train from Milton Keynes to Manchester. Then Manchester to Preston 
  • Options
    Am going to drive there and back. Think it will take 4-4.5 hours each way from West Sussex.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Ah we had booked via Leeds, what a nightmare - great start to the season.

Are there routes from London to Accrington that are not currently affected? 
    Going via leeds is a mission , took ages when we went up to accrington the 1st time.
    It's even longer when you've got @E@ElfsborgAddick in tow.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    If the tickets ever arrive from Accrington, so we can actually buy them, we'll be driving there and back as from Southampton the rail fares (if there are any trains running) are ridiculous.

• Options
    clive said:
    se9addick said:
    Ah we had booked via Leeds, what a nightmare - great start to the season.

Are there routes from London to Accrington that are not currently affected? 
    Avanti West Coast from Euston/ Preston & Northern Rail between Preston/ Accrington should be running as normal.
    Northern Rail and normal should not be used in the same statement.  Lol
  • Options
    If I can get a ticket I’ll be driving from West Yorkshire which should take about 1hour 20. Really looking forward to it. 
  • Options
    If the tickets ever arrive from Accrington, so we can actually buy them, we'll be driving there and back as from Southampton the rail fares (if there are any trains running) are ridiculous.

Its brilliant from Accrington, dont want fans watching via. iFollow.

Seems they dont want fans in attendance either
  • Options
    If I can get a ticket I’ll be driving from West Yorkshire which should take about 1hour 20. Really looking forward to it. 
    Don't rub it in! :)
  • Options

Information for those who have booked trains via Leeds on LNER

On Saturday 30 July the timetable will be extremely limited, we recommend you only travel if absolutely necessary.

We'll be running one train every 2 hours between Edinburgh and London and between Leeds and London (in both directions).

Our timetable is still being confirmed for this date. Please check back soon for updates.

https://www.lner.co.uk/travel-information/Industrial-action/

• Options
    The ELizabeth Line not operating is a bummer. 

Travelling via Preston still looks okay though? Avanti West COast not striking? Nor the operator for the train friom Preston to Accrington? @clive

I just need to work out how to get to Euston....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    HandG said:

Travelling via Preston still looks okay though? Avanti West COast not striking? Nor the operator for the train friom Preston to Accrington? @clive

Thameslink is running - Sevenoaks, Orpington to London Bridge.
    Where are you starting from?
  • Options

Latest information for 30/7/22

Avanti

From 23 July, at weekends we plan to run five trains an hour from London Euston, one to each of Glasgow, Liverpool and Birmingham (extending alternately to Edinburgh or Blackpool), and two an hour to Manchester*. There will be a shuttle service between Crewe and Holyhead, plus limited services between Euston and Chester where possible.

This amended timetable will be in place at weekends up to and including Sunday 11 September, although we will continue to review this situation.

*The timetable will be adjusted on the weekends of 30-31 July and 3-4 August due to the Commonwealth Games, whereby Birmingham will have two trains per hour and Manchester will have one. The bank holiday weekend of 27-29 August is affected by engineering works - find out more here.

https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/travel-information/plan-your-journey/timetables

Southeastern

Saturday 30 July

• There will be no services running on the rail network. Please do not attempt to travel by train on this day.
    https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/industrial-action

TFL

London Overground

• No service expected
    • No Night Overground on Saturday 30 July or early hours of Sunday 31 July

Elizabeth line

Tube and other TfL services

• Running as usual
    • May be busier than usual
    https://tfl.gov.uk/campaign/national-rail-strike?intcmp=70533#on-this-page-4

I will do my best to keep people updated with latest information.
  • Options
    Driving up and back but spending the weekend in Lancaster with a friend who I met at the Blackpool away match in March 81. 

Going to the match then on a train from Lancaster, which I think are running.
  • Options
    HandG said:

Where are you starting from?
    Thameslink is also running from Rainham calling at most stations between Dartford & St Pancras via Woolwich & Greenwich.
  • Options
    HandG said:

Where are you starting from

I can start from Abbey wood so should be good to get a Thameslink service from there?
  • Options
    clive said:

Avanti

From 23 July, at weekends we plan to run five trains an hour from London Euston, one to each of Glasgow, Liverpool and Birmingham (extending alternately to Edinburgh or Blackpool), and two an hour to Manchester*. There will be a shuttle service between Crewe and Holyhead, plus limited services between Euston and Chester where possible.

This amended timetable will be in place at weekends up to and including Sunday 11 September, although we will continue to review this situation.

*The timetable will be adjusted on the weekends of 30-31 July and 3-4 August due to the Commonwealth Games, whereby Birmingham will have two trains per hour and Manchester will have one. The bank holiday weekend of 27-29 August is affected by engineering works - find out more here.

https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/travel-information/plan-your-journey/timetables

Southeastern

Saturday 30 July

• There will be no services running on the rail network. Please do not attempt to travel by train on this day.
    https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/industrial-action

TFL

London Overground

• No service expected

Elizabeth line

• Running as usual

Cheers Clive. 

So my booked seats on the Avanti service should remain valid and the train should run? They don't appear to be striking but just have a different timetable? 
  • Options
    HandG said:
    clive said:

Avanti

Southeastern

Saturday 30 July

TFL

London Overground

• No service expected

Elizabeth line

• Running as usual

Cheers Clive. 

So my booked seats on the Avanti service should remain valid and the train should run? They don't appear to be striking but just have a different timetable? 
    Avanti have been suffering from staff shortages,so have introduced a revised weekend timetable, they are not striking.
    The amended timetable for next weekend has not yet been released, when it is released i'll post it on this thread.

Thameslink services are scheduled to depart from Abbey Wood at 28/58 minutes past the hour.
    If you can get to Woolwich the DLR is a useful alternative with a train departing every ten minutes to Bank where you can connect with the Northern line to Euston.
  • Options
    Latest update from LNER

On Saturday 30 July the timetable will be extremely limited, we recommend you only travel if absolutely necessary.

We'll be running one train every 2 hours between Edinburgh and London (in both directions) and there will be one return Leeds-London service all day.

Our timetable is still being confirmed for this date. 

• Options
    Does anyone want a free over 65 ticket and an adult ticket both standing for this game, free of charge. I will have to post tickets. If interested please message me or @ButtleJR. Let me know by tomorrow latest so they can be posted.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Does anyone want a free over 65 ticket and an adult ticket both standing for this game, free of charge. I will have to post tickets. If interested please message me or @ButtleJR. Let me know by tomorrow latest so they can be posted.
    If that is also on offer for Wycombe away please pm me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redbuttle said:
    Peterborough screwed then train wise 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    redbuttle said:
    Yes mate . Always seems to happen with Northern games.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    shirty5 said:
    redbuttle said:
    Yes mate . Always seems to happen with Northern games.
    Everybody out 

• Options
    redbuttle said:
    Mate, you are 55 and will be living in Brazil. You really would spend ££££ to fly back just to save £10 on a match ticket wouldn’t you.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Mate, you are 55 and will be living in Brazil. You really would spend ££££ to fly back just to save £10 on a match ticket wouldn’t you.
    Of course, £10 will cover eight beers over there.
  • Options
    Driving up, tickets arrived and hotel booked for the Saturday night, 15 mins away outside t’Burnley. Looking forward to taking my lad to the furthest away game he has yet attended. Hopefully Newcastle or even Blackburn sometime in the not too distant future… 🐖 can 🛫
  • Options
  • Options
    clive said:
    I have purchased train tickets going up via Leeds and back via Preston. Do you think Clive , they would let me use the Leeds up ticket on the Preston route ? Thanks for any help you can offer
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    clive said:
    I have purchased train tickets going up via Leeds and back via Preston. Do you think Clive , they would let me use the Leeds up ticket on the Preston route ? Thanks for any help you can offer
    LNER have not arranged ticket acceptance with Avanti, so no, but you can use your ticket on CrossCountry, Northern, ScotRail and Transpennine Express to allow you to complete your journey.
    Trains dep Kings Cross at 07.06  & 08.00/ 09.06 to York
     & there are direct services to Accrington via Leeds departing at 10.23/11.23/12.22 journey time about 1hr 48 minutes.
    I hope this will be ok for you.