Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So When do we get the plastic pigs out again !!

I know its only be roughly 18 months of this new ownership, but what a torrid 18 months it has been. Things really don't seem like there improving if anything there getting worse, we just sacked a manager yeah that deserved sacking but doing this with no plan going forward, no manager is coming here that can't pick the players he wants and is going to have players forced upon him like last season. We've got season ticket sales dropping like flies because there is no ambition, everything seems to be done on the cheap, but all we get is the talk from the owner and no actions !!!

And don't come at me and say "HE SAVED US" because he hasn't, administration didn't do bad to Wigan did it !!

Comments

• No ifs, no buts. 
  • edited May 2022
    Sandgaard regularly uses the words 'blown away' but I have failed to be blown away by any of his actions to date.

Not advocating any sort of protests though.
    Big big few months for him. See where we are by Christmas.
  • edited May 2022
    We need an element of realism here. TS isn't going to dump loads of cash on us, and I doubt there are a queue of people willing and able to replace him. He's also still a major upgrade on the shysters previous. The season tickets are down because the footballs been crap, and some of that unfortunately has to be down to JJ with his fixed formation and poor loans. That has been resolved.

But It all comes down to who the new boss is, and the players we sign.
  • I do love the fact that people were fine with Thomas hiring his son in a leading recruitment role. 

Replacing Red, Red, Robin with his own metal song. 

The debacle of the summer transfer window last year. 

But god forbid he lets Jackson go after a poor season. 
  • TS running of the club raises eyebrows and rightfully dug out in certain areas.

But in no way has it reached anywhere near this level yet.

And I will say “he saved us” because he did and then spunked 8m of his own dosh last year, just because we’re getting restless doesn’t change or dilute that fact.
    Or loaned?
  • 14th January 2023 at home to Morecambe when we’re 19th in the league with Euell as caretaker manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• oh ffs!!!!!!
  • "wheres your 8 million"
    "Name a new buyer"
    "Lets bring back Southall then"

Have I won the bingo?
  • "wheres your 8 million"
    "Name a new buyer"
    "Lets bring back Southall then"

Have I won the bingo?
    House!
  • Ridiculous thread. Comes across like a spoilt child who has thrown a paddy.
  • Sponsored links:

• TS running of the club raises eyebrows and rightfully dug out in certain areas.

But in no way has it reached anywhere near this level yet.

And I will say “he saved us” because he did and then spunked 8m of his own dosh last year, just because we’re getting restless doesn’t change or dilute that fact.
    Or loaned?
    With no physical assets to future sale against, how realistic is he to see any of that back without on field success? 

There are many things with Sandgaard I can understand wind people up, but the guy is clearly not taking money out the club, he continues to put in significant amounts 
    He is gifting it in any reasonable scenario, he isnt getting it back.

Of course there are things he needs to do better.  Of course there are things I would like him to do differently.

I don't want to live through another set of protests, under Roland they actually made it worse.
  • One of the main reasons the last few months have been so "torrid" (your word), is because TS done what the vast majority of the fan base were demanding. 
  • bobmunro said:
    Get your own wallet out then. Very, very easy to spend other peoples’ money.
    Said very few when Roland was owner...
  • I assume this thread is a joke?
  • bobmunro said:
    I think there's generally an acknowledgement that the issue with Roland wasn't the money as he spent quite a lot, sometimes well sometimes badly, it was the employing a CEO who had fans assaulted by security, posting public statements against the fans, removing experienced staff and cutting departments, hiring of random blokes he met in Belgium presumably on bird watching tours, being completely remote and generally hating the club more than was entirely reasonable. That and the duct tape shoe thing.
    I'm not directly comparing them, nor supporting Roland. There are definitely some double standards going on though that's for sure. Talking of protesting is way OTT mind. 
  • bobmunro said:
    I think there's generally an acknowledgement that the issue with Roland wasn't the money as he spent quite a lot, sometimes well sometimes badly, it was the employing a CEO who had fans assaulted by security, posting public statements against the fans, removing experienced staff and cutting departments, hiring of random blokes he met in Belgium presumably on bird watching tours, being completely remote and generally hating the club more than was entirely reasonable. That and the duct tape shoe thing.
    I'm not directly comparing them, nor supporting Roland. There are definitely some double standards going on though that's for sure. Talking of protesting is way OTT mind. 
    In simple terms I think it comes down to the fact that had we won on a regular basis with Roland

Perhaps even getting into the Premier League, could we be certain that protests would have existed

People would have been upset with what Roland did (As Garry listed), and may not have liked him being an absent owner. But same with Sandgaard, if the club produces on the pitch, lets be realistic, not enough people would care about what was happening off it.
  • bobmunro said:
    And he tried to turn us into a franchise, he tried to force crap players onto the manager, he got rid of Yann for no reason, he got rid of Chris Powell, he constantly appointed terrible managers, he sold us to crooks who wanted to tear us apart, he was never here, he was clearly a horrible person and he tore the soul completely out of the club from the inside out.