Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

John Yems

Comments

• seth plum said:
    Haven’t they just been taken over by a fungicide token?

Yup and immediately gave 10 players new contracts
  • seth plum said:
    Haven’t they just been taken over by a fungicide token?
    You can get something for that in Homebase or B and Q
  • I imagine the new owners were looking to bring someone new and less "old school" in anyway, so this is quite convenient for them. 
  • there goes his 'good ol boy' status
  • EXCLUSIVE: Crawley Town's RACE SHAME: Suspended manager John Yems is accused of enforcing racial segregation by telling white players 'don't change in the black boys' room' and calling Asians suicide bombers as FA launch probe into 62-year-old

• Crawley Town manager John Yems is being investigated by Football Association 
    • The 62-year-old allegedly abused his own players with racist insults including 'suicide bomber' and 'Zulu Warrior' 
    • He is accused of running a segregated training ground where black players changed in a different dressing room 
    • Crawley’s owners, investment group WAGMI United have since suspended Yems
    • Sportsmail has been told that numerous players were left traumatised by their alleged treatment 
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10779835/Crawley-Towns-suspended-manager-John-Yems-accused-enforcing-racial-segregation.html
  • clive said:

EXCLUSIVE: Crawley Town's RACE SHAME: Suspended manager John Yems is accused of enforcing racial segregation by telling white players 'don't change in the black boys' room' and calling Asians suicide bombers as FA launch probe into 62-year-old

• The 62-year-old allegedly abused his own players with racist insults including 'suicide bomber' and 'Zulu Warrior' 
    • He is accused of running a segregated training ground where black players changed in a different dressing room 
    • Sportsmail has been told that numerous players were left traumatised by their alleged treatment 
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10779835/Crawley-Towns-suspended-manager-John-Yems-accused-enforcing-racial-segregation.html
    Wow!

just wow

surely can’t be true nowadays can it
  • New Charlton  boss?

He'll be cheap.
  • clive said:

EXCLUSIVE: Crawley Town's RACE SHAME: Suspended manager John Yems is accused of enforcing racial segregation by telling white players 'don't change in the black boys' room' and calling Asians suicide bombers as FA launch probe into 62-year-old

Absolute disgrace if true.
  • Shocking. 

Also massively surprising if true, that he got away with it for so long under the previous owners
  • Shocking. 

Also massively surprising if true, that he got away with it for so long under the previous owners
    That's my takeaway too, if true, how did it last more than literally about 2 minutes?  
  • Sponsored links:

• Like others have said , seems bizarre that anyone could get away with anything like this for more than a second in this day and age, maybe it’s been blown out of proportion but usually there’s no smoke without fire in these situations :)
  • New Charlton  boss?

He'll be cheap.
    Don’t joke! I saw this thread and immediately thought “Oh god, no. Please don’t be our new manager”. And that was without knowing about the racist stuff. Hadn’t realised that had happened.

I thought he was a bit of a prick when he was just that bloke who gives attention seeking interviews.
  • One thing i don't understand is that he's 62 and has been around football in various roles for a long time. But the report says "It’s been going on since 2020-21". How come there are no allegations from before that? He's been manager of Crawley since 2019, so surely he didn't just wake up one day in the 20/21 season and decide to become a racist bully. 

If the allegations are true though, it's absolutely remarkable that a) he thought he could get away with it and b) no one reported it sooner.
  • Note to self: never valorise 'eccentric' managers. They either turn out like this, or like Ian Holloway
  • Blimey
  • New Charlton  boss?

He'll be cheap.
    Nowhere near being funny RCT 
  • Swisdom said:
    clive said:

Wow!

just wow

surely can’t be true nowadays can it
    Somebody going on the Daily Mail’s website?  It barely seems credible, I know. 
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:
    New Charlton  boss?

He'll be cheap.
    Fair enough. Probably in bad taste given the severity of the allegations.

Apologies 
  • One thing i don't understand is that he's 62 and has been around football in various roles for a long time. But the report says "It’s been going on since 2020-21". How come there are no allegations from before that? He's been manager of Crawley since 2019, so surely he didn't just wake up one day in the 20/21 season and decide to become a racist bully. 

If the allegations are true though, it's absolutely remarkable that a) he thought he could get away with it and b) no one reported it sooner.
    1.  He probably thinks it's all "banter" and a "laugh" and any disagreement is just being "woke" or "pc gone mad".

2. Maybe they did and it was ignored or dismissed as above by others at the club.  Or people felt afraid that if they did speak out they'd be dropped/sacked/victimised.

I don't know but I'm glad someone did speak out and that he going to get what he deserves, the sack.
  • _MrDick said:
    New Charlton  boss?

He'll be cheap.
    Fair enough. Probably in bad taste given the severity of the allegations.

Apologies 
    well I thought the joke was OK .. far too many Clifers  have had a humourectomy 
  • clive said:

Surprised the Mail aren't hailing him as a poor victim of the cancel police. 

Can't say anything these days...
  • Wow, just seen this, words fail me (for once).
    I always thought the bloke was a nutter, but that's simply disgraceful beyond belief.
    I hope he gets the harshest possible punishment, if proven.
  • I’d heard that he was being ousted by the new owners and he was suspended a forthright ago despite nobody telling him why and no charges being brought. Although there was a rumour he’d said something racist, I don’t think anybody expected it to be this bad. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    And here we have it... He couldn't help but bring us back to Brexit. 
    Eh?
    I have not mentioned Brexit whatever that is supposed to mean.
    I see things in terms of leave and remain.
    If you were unable to detect that my comment was ironic I apologise for not being clearer.
  • I haven't read all this thread but seeing the allegations then not only is he potentially a nasty git, but Crawley also have a case to answer.  They must have known what he was doing.
  • Spoke to someone in the know - I'm assured that the Daily Mail stuff is total and utter nonsense but his 'banter has probably has crossed the line' and he 'almost certainly won't be coming back from it'. 

I see this 'old-school'  (read: institutionalised racism) thing way more than I would like. The people I work around, of a certain age usually, tend to whisper what they think now, rather than say it loudly. And sometimes what these guys think is a joke or not meant with malice is still bang out of order - they just haven't realised it yet. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Spoke to someone in the know - I'm assured that the Daily Mail stuff is total and utter nonsense but his 'banter has probably has crossed the line' and he 'almost certainly won't be coming back from it'. 

I see this 'old-school'  (read: institutionalised racism) thing way more than I would like. The people I work around, of a certain age usually, tend to whisper what they think now, rather than say it loudly. And sometimes what these guys think is a joke or not meant with malice is still bang out of order - they just haven't realised it yet. 
    This is unusual.