Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Yems

Comments

• Options
    One thing i don't understand is that he's 62 and has been around football in various roles for a long time. But the report says "It’s been going on since 2020-21". How come there are no allegations from before that? He's been manager of Crawley since 2019, so surely he didn't just wake up one day in the 20/21 season and decide to become a racist bully. 

If the allegations are true though, it's absolutely remarkable that a) he thought he could get away with it and b) no one reported it sooner.
    Suspect it’s been going on for a while with the previous owners failing to take those complaining seriously. Given that almost as soon as new owners turn up, the lid blows off it does give concerns about how things were being run. 
    Undoubtedly the investigation will uncover a lot of detail and the truth will become clear. 

• Options
    edited May 2022
  • Options
    "Yeah, I'd like to report someone for using their phone whilst driving...."
  • Options

Crawley Town have parted company with manager John Yems in the wake of racism and discriminatory conduct allegations.

Yems had been suspended indefinitely last month following "serious and credible" accusations about his behaviour from playing staff.

The Football Association said on Wednesday it was investigating allegations of discriminatory words and conduct by the 62-year-old.

The League Two club said Yems will leave immediately by mutual consent.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61349180

• Options
    Johnnie now's your chance.
  • Options
    Banned from football for 18 months, found guilty of 12 charges of racist abuse towards his players.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64194117
  • Options
    Nasty piece of work. 
  • Options
    Terrible ban really, nowhere near enough for 12 charges. Having said that, you wouldn't expect him to get another job anyway. 
  • Options
    I was really surprised at the length of the ban, I thought he was out for life. That they couldn't prove some of the tougher charges is what worked in his favour. 

He has no real sense of having done anything wrong. He thinks he's the victim in all of this and believes he'll be managing around at least the semi-pro level again so it'll be interesting to see if anyone is crazy enough to give him a job. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An 18 month ban doesn't go far enough for me.

He's not a 17 year old kid posting something on Twitter, in which case the re-education angle has merits, he's a 63 year old who discriminated against players in his care due to their race.

Just ban him for good.
    Agree but i'd sense he's probably done anyway.

65 by the time his ban is up and it's not as if he's got a long managerial history. He's only really managed at Crawley.
  • Options
    Clubs won’t touch him with a barge pole. Good riddance.
  • Options
    He won't ever work in football again. But it sets a precedent and if someone in their mid 30s gets done for the same thing he could be employed again by a desperate club by the time he is forty.
  • Options
    Clubs at all levels gravitate towards managers with good player contacts. And I think that's particularly true at Step 2 and below. I doubt very much Yems will be able to rely on the players he's worked with before. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Banned from football for 18 months, found guilty of 12 charges of racist abuse towards his players.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64194117
    The only club mad enough to take him back would be Crawley. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
  • Options
    Hate the 'yeah, but I'm just old fashioned...' line of defence.

You've had decades now to learn.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    This has really fecked me off.
    Disgusting 🤬 

The FA are a complete joke.

NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE!!!!!
  • Options
    From what they reported on sky sports last night, this was not just someone engaging in banter.
    The comments were outrageous
  • Options
    What on earth are the FA on about...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'In publishing the written reasons for his ban, the FA disciplinary commission "accepted that Mr Yems is not a conscious racist"

Then part of the evidence, '
    Another player returning from international duty was told he should not train with the squad. Yems commented on his colour "then put his hand over his mouth saying he should not say that".

So he was aware what he said wasn't right how is that not conscious?

Utter clown and 18 months is a joke, even if he never gets another role in football.

Not that it needed it, but another demonstration on how limp Governing bodies are when dealing with racism.
  • Options
    As I said before, the ban is the end of him but sets a precedent for future offenders, which is worrying.
  • Options
    « Not a conscious racist »? My arse.
  • Options
    We knew Yems was a complete moron when this thread was started. 
    Now we know he's a racist moron. 
    We already knew the FA is full of morons. 
  • Options
    I just can’t help thinking how players from any ethnic minority are feeling right now 😳
    I hope clubs will put out statements saying they absolutely are not happy with this outcome.
    There must be some show of solidarity to them.

I just feel bloody awful about this 😔🤬