Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nick Hannam (@Addickted) - RIP [Funeral details page 11]

Nick had been ill with Bowel cancer for a while now.

His son Ben let me know he'd moved to a hospice last weekend and I just learnt from Ben that he died this afternoon.  He asked me to post this message.

As Ben (@livebythesword ) said, he's now at peace.

Nick was loud and funny and cared about things and loved Charlton and loved his family and loved his friends and was just a good bloke to know although you were never far away from him taking the pee out of you, that was Nick.

There are lots of stories to be told by the many people on here who knew him.

He turned 60 on 5 January and @tracey organised a video from Jason Euell wishing him happy birthday and thanking him for his years of support. 

Thankfully, he lived long enough to see the birth of his first grandchild at the end of last year.  I think maybe he hung on for that.

A very sad day.  

Gonna miss you mate.

Comments

• RIP Nick
  • Very sad 

RIP Addicted.
  • RIP Addick.
  • So sad.
    Rest in Peace Nick, watch over us from The Valley in the sky.
  • F***inghell no way.

Rest in peace fella. :-(
  • Very sad. RIP. 
  • Rest in Peace Nick. 
  • Sponsored links:

• So sad.

Rest in Peace Nick.
  • edited January 2022
    Ahh that’s very sad.  I got talking to him in the social club / bar at Rochdale away a few years ago - a top man. RIP Nick.
  • RIP Nick, very sad news.  :'(
  • I only met you a couple of times, but spoke a lot over the past 18 months.
    My thoughts are with your loved ones.
    Sleep well Nick.

• RIP. Nick.
    Sad news.
  • That’s awful. RIP Nick.
  • Sincere condolences to Nick’s family and friends. Met him briefly with his close friend Sound As before the game at Accrington a couple of seasons ago RIP fellow Addick 😞.

• RIP Nick.
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP Nick.
    Thoughts with family and friends.
  • edited January 2022
    R.I.P. My deepest condolences to all his friends and family
  • Oh bollocks. I know he'd been mentioning his various trips up to the hospital for a while now, and he didn't look in great shape in that photo with his new grandson recently, but this is still a shock. RIP Nick, and sorry for your loss @LiveByTheSword
  • Very sorry to hear this, thoroughly nice chap.

RIP Nick.
  • Oh that's so sad. 

We were hoping to have a drink together as staying at the same hotel for the Fleetwood match but we ducked out due to the petrol shortage. SO sorry to have missed that opportunity.

Sleep tight, Nick.
  • Christ almighty... RIP @Addickted
  • That is such sad news,  I had noticed that he hadn't posted for a while.

My sincere condolences to Nick's family.

Rest in peace Nick, you will be  very much missed on this forum.