Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Morecambe v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 23 November 2021

edited November 2021 in General Charlton
"Bring me Sunshine". In my minds eye I can still see Morecambe & Wise singing it.

Well, Jacko's certainly brought sunshine over our beloved Addicks. Compared to where we were a month ago, it's a revelation.
We need to build on that tonight against an underdog opponent who is not to be underestimated.

It's the first time ever that we've played Morecambe. A new ground for our faithful Addicks who've made the long trek to the North West coast.

Cap'n Pearcey must be a doubt after coming off with injury on Saturday. Leko and Pape added to the squad.

Charlton: MacGillivray; Clare, Gunter (c), Famewo; Jaiyesimi, Gilbey, Dobson, Lee, Purrington; Davison, Washington

Subs: Harness, Elerewe, Watson, Morgan, Kirk, Blackett-Taylor, Burstow

Charlton TV with our old hero Shirty, "Appen I 'ave to play for Char'ton" as guest with Brownie. Starts at 7pm.

COYR!

Comments

• Can't wait until &pm Oggy.
    😉
  • Hoping for a comfortable win tonight.
  • Can't wait until &pm Oggy.
    😉
    Very good, Moggy :smile:

Spotted it now and sorted, fanx.
  • Hoping for a comfortable win tonight.
    Don't bank on it. Morecambe will be up for this after their 95th minute wonder winner last Saturday.
    Tough old game, I reckon.

• Leko travelled but not on the bench. Guess he failed a late fitness test?
  • Oggy Red said:
    Hoping for a comfortable win tonight.
    Don't bank on it. Morecambe will be up for this after their 95th minute wonder winner last Saturday.
    Tough old game, I reckon.

Only had 1 point from 18 on offer prior to Saturday’s win.
  • Leko travelled but not on the bench. Guess he failed a late fitness test?
    That's a bit disappointing

• The skip never made it. Cap'n Pearcey replaced by Ooh Chris Gunter at CB.

The only change.

• Game will be won or lost in midfield. Our middle 5 are bloody good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    "Bring me Sunshine". In my minds eye I can still see Morecambe & Wise singing it.

Well, Jacko's certainly brought sunshine over our beloved Addicks. Compared to where we were a month ago, it's a revelation.
    We need to build on that tonight against an underdog opponent who is not to be underestimated.

It's the first time ever that we've played Morecambe. A new ground for our faithful Addicks who've made the long trek to the North West coast.

Cap'n Pearcey must be a doubt after coming off with injury on Saturday. Leko and Pape added to the squad.

Charlton: MacGillivray; Clare, Gunter (c), Famewo; Jaiyesimi, Gilbey, Dobson, Lee, Purrington; Davison, Washington

Subs: Harness, Elerewe, Watson, Morgan, Kirk, Blackett-Taylor, Burstow

Charlton TV with our old hero Shirty, "Appen I 'ave to play for Char'ton" as guest with Brownie. Starts at 7pm.

COYR!

There is a 'w'spoons' pub called the Eric Bartholomew near the front and of course the Eric M statue .. long long way from the ground though 
  • Hopefully no 3 pointers from this man today
  • Stream home down here, anyone else?
  • Yup saying no signal
  • Oggy Red said:

The skip never made it. Cap'n Pearcey replaced by Ooh Chris Gunter at CB.

The only change.

Going to be honest, feels like a weak link, Gunter as a middle of 3.  Hopefully I'm wrong - did OK there on Saturday for 35 mins or so, after all.
  • Although very pleased I'm surprised the lads are ready to go again tonight after that effort on Saturday, says alot about their fitness if they can put a shift in tonight
  • so pleased that Sean Clare has developed into such a very good all round player .. come on youse Addickssssahhh !!
  • AndyG said:
    Yup saying no signal
    same here
  • Sponsored links:

• No signal.
  • Charlton TV down for anyone else?
  • It was counting down when I first logged in but now showing No Signal.
  • working on youtube but not Charlton TV!
  • Stream home down here, anyone else?
    Grrrr

Had a long day working, was looking forward to being sat with a bottle of Rioja and the live stream

As you can guess - same for me
  • Assume "no signal" is universal, let's hope comms get their finger out and sort it
  • Frustrating that Leko and Matthews have been out for what seems like ages, for minor injuries
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!