Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peng Shuai

Something very strange, mysterious and worrying has happened to the tennis player Peng Shuai. I hope she's found, safe, well and happy. 

Comments

• Locked up I imagine. Awful 
  • Chizz said:
    Something very strange, mysterious and worrying has happened to the tennis player Peng Shuai. I hope she's found, safe, well and happy. 
    Strongly doubt she'll be all 3.

Might be found, once she's changed her mind about her story and realised she was definitely wrong.
  • A horrible regime. 
  • What is the significance of the cursor on the email ? Heard them mention it but didn’t catch what that meant. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    What is the significance of the cursor on the email ? Heard them mention it but didn’t catch what that meant. 
    The cursor shows that it's a screenshot taken at the time it was actually being written, and given the awkward language means we can probably guess it's not written by her, pretty much then leads to the assumption that someone from Chinese state media has written it on her behalf.
  • Something will have to happen soon though, when players with profiles as high as Djokovic and Serena Williams are speaking out, China can't just hope this will go away.

I wonder if the tennis authorities will threaten to remove the China open and Shanghai masters from the calendar, or if players will simply refuse to play there?
  • Or maybe a boycott of next years winter Olympics?
  • Sponsored links:

• Well done to him if he goes through with it, hopefully sets an example for other sports to follow.

• The next step should be the IOC
  • More than likely now being 're-educated' along with those poor Uyghurs in those lovely education centres the nice Chinese government have laid on.

Education education education.
  • I don’t think anyone is equating the powers that be with the man on the street Seth. 
  • seth plum said:

In the west there are similar accusations against well known figures.
    All need confronting.
    There needs to be an equality of reaction towards all such cases.

So who has disappeared after making similar accusations in the UK?
  • iaitch said:
    Well done to him if he goes through with it, hopefully sets an example for other sports to follow.

Unusual to see sporting authorities make a stand - especially if money is involved.

Hopefully she is safe but who knows?
  • Addickted said:
    seth plum said:

All need confronting.

I don’t know about disappeared but in terms of similarity you have the case of the son of the Queen.
  • seth plum said:
    Addickted said:
    seth plum said:

All need confronting.

I don’t know about disappeared but in terms of similarity you have the case of the son of the Queen.
    What are you on about?
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    Addickted said:
    seth plum said:

All need confronting.

What are you on about?
    I am answering a question.
  • edited November 2021
    seth plum said:
    Addickted said:
    seth plum said:

All need confronting.

Reckon there's more chance of Edward Andrew getting his comeuppance than the 1000's of people who have gone missing in China turning up safe and well, tbh
  • ....and even if there isn't, it's hardly a good comparison is it?
  • Gribbo said:
    seth plum said:
    Addickted said:
    seth plum said:

All need confronting.

Reckon there's more chance of Edward getting his comeuppance than the 1000's of people who have gone missing in China turning up safe and well, tbh
    I wasn’t thinking Edward.
  • Sorry Andrew, my mistake
  • More than likely now being 're-educated' along with those poor Uyghurs in those lovely education centres the nice Chinese government have laid on.

Education education education.
    It's more likely that her friends and family are 're-educated' if she doesn't retract the allegations and puts on a smile for the media.

• Good to see the tennis authorities move so quickly on this one. personally hope they stick to a boycott of China until she is found, allowed to leave, and free to explain what happened to her.
  • Gribbo said:
    ....and even if there isn't, it's hardly a good comparison is it?
    I think it is the comparison between powerful men and vulnerable young people that is appropriate. Like what happened to Nadia Comaneci, or Simone Biles and many others.
    Would the issue be about male power more than nationality?