Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Just wondered when it will be announced Johnnie will be getting the gig as Charlton manager on a full time basis?

If not how many more wins / points does he need to get, to get the job?

With the transfer window coming up surely it would send out a signal to players and clubs that we are a stable bet and worth joining, please Thomas S do the right thing, it will be one of the easiest and perhaps successful things you could do in your Charlton tenure.

And yes, I did wake up this morning feeling fine, and yes I have got Charlton on my mind.

Comments

• The players couldn't give a stronger indication that they like Jacko and want him in the hot seat asap, so it must and i think will be announced within the next week, and before kick off next Saturday...it just has to...
  • Was Thomas planning to come this week? Or is it a late thing? If so, think it could be sorted by Saturday 
  • edited November 2021
    TS said Christmas. Thought it was sensible when he said it and think it’s sensible now. As far as the window is concerned, Jacko should proceed as if it’s his job. Anything else would be neglectful. I’m certain that players we want have already been identified and preliminary work done.
  • Thomas is flying over for Saturday's game.  I expect this to be resolved on this trip but maybe not before this big match. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Stewart said:
    I personally want Russell Slade back. 
    To fit some new hand driers in the mens bogs?
  • What happens if we go on a four game losing streak ? Impossible ? There’s no panic to make a choice. It’s Jackson’s job to lose. He carries on in the current vein and it’s a fait accomplit. This decision is too big for the club to let either impatience or emotion get in the way. 
    We've all seen 4 game losing streaks they're nothing new to us. My fear is bringing in a new man who perhaps has his own assistants and don't see Jacko and Euell as part of 'his' set up will cause more problems than it's worth.
    Give the job to Jacko at 2.40pm next saturday in front of a packed Valley.
  • It'll be when the bookies pay out.
  • When he took over as caretaker we had 12 league games up to the end of the year. 20 points from those games would have been enough in my opinion for him to be giving the job on an eighteen month contract.

After 4, he’s already halfway there. There will be some little bumps on route, but he will reach that target of 20.

Then Sandgaard has no excuse not to give him the job. 
  • What happens if we go on a four game losing streak ? Impossible ? There’s no panic to make a choice. It’s Jackson’s job to lose. He carries on in the current vein and it’s a fait accomplit. This decision is too big for the club to let either impatience or emotion get in the way. 
    We've all seen 4 game losing streaks they're nothing new to us. My fear is bringing in a new man who perhaps has his own assistants and don't see Jacko and Euell as part of 'his' set up will cause more problems than it's worth.
    Do you want us to lose next week?
    Course not.
    What makes you think we'd lose because of that? 

Superstition is a fools game.

• edited November 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    It'll be when the bookies pay out.
    Whenever we play in the Paint Trophy. Yesterday was match 6. Got to manage 10 games before we get paid out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    What happens if we go on a four game losing streak ? Impossible ? There’s no panic to make a choice. It’s Jackson’s job to lose. He carries on in the current vein and it’s a fait accomplit. This decision is too big for the club to let either impatience or emotion get in the way. 
    What makes you think we'd lose because of that? 

Superstition is a fools game.

Call it what ya like! 30 years of going charlton has taught me that free tickets iniative/bumper crowd + heralding the second coming 5 mins before kick off = 0-3 down after 20 minutes 
    Fair point but i've got my Mrs to put a spell on the Plymouth players. They turn to stone at 3.05pm.
  • He is under contract until 2023.

It is his job to lose until it isn't, like every other manager.   Have we reached, or even past the point where you could bring someone else in over him?  Probably, it not we soon will.

As far as I am concerned he is the manager, until he isn't, Thomas doesn't need to say much more than that.  
  • Give him the job now.
  • Stewart said:
    Stay patient and you never know...
  • Stewart said:
    Be patient…
  • edited November 2021
    Jacko has been very patient waiting to get the job that he most craves, but patience is not open ended and if we wait till Christmas, as has been said already and his record is enormous, then we will not be the only ones wanting him, "He who waits is lost" as the saying goes, just get this sorted now Thomas.
    Knew i could rely on a few lol's,.. :D
  • Although I was one of the people who wanted a clean sweep when Adkins went JJ has turned this squad around beyond recognition in a short space of time and I would be pleased if he got given the job already. However TS said he wouldnt make any decisions before Xmas and I think he will stick to that. What I will say is JJ is currently making the decision very easy which I suppose was what both parties would have wanted
  • Jacko has been very patient waiting to get the job that he most craves, but patience is not open ended and if we wait till Christmas, as has been said already and his record is enormous, then we will not be the only ones wanting him, "He who waits is lost" as the saying goes, just get this sorted now Thomas.
    He is under contract until 2023 already there is no rush.  Who is going to come in for him on the back of a dozen league 1 games and is a change of title going to change that? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Jacko has been very patient waiting to get the job that he most craves, but patience is not open ended and if we wait till Christmas, as has been said already and his record is enormous, then we will not be the only ones wanting him, "He who waits is lost" as the saying goes, just get this sorted now Thomas.
    He is under contract until 2023 already there is no rush.  Who is going to come in for him on the back of a dozen league 1 games and is a change of title going to change that? 
    Ole is constantly at risk...