Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Options
    @Sillybilly 100%. Never seen an experience professional player be so invisible throughout the game. Without being rude, there were times such as Fleetwood away when we might as well played with 10. Therefore, I assume he was going to be killer in the 18 yard box. Was hoping we would see him this season in a team which created chances to fairly judge him. Never happened and still guessing as to whether he was any good or not.
  • Options
    @Sillybilly 100%. Never seen an experience professional player be so invisible throughout the game. Without being rude, there were times such as Fleetwood away when we might as well played with 10. Therefore, I assume he was going to be killer in the 18 yard box. Was hoping we would see him this season in a team which created chances to fairly judge him. Never happened and still guessing as to whether he was any good or not.
    Not. 
  • Options
    If he if he couldn’t get in this shower of shit then he must be crap. 
  • Options
    Coulda done with him today

;)
  • Options
    Guys can we clear this up.

I'm certain Nigel Adkins didn't say:

See them over there ( Hull celebrating behind him) that will be us next season.

I was convinced he said:

"See them over there, we want that to be us next season."

Which is a fair enough view to take especially when he had heard the Thomas Sandgaard quote.

• Options
  • Options
    Wow... that is uncanny!!!
  • Options
    @Chunes thanks for proving me wrong with evidence ! Nigel said it twice. 

My only defence is I must have watched it on my lap top where the volume isn't as great as the TV !

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Danepak said:

Has signed with Danish 1st division club Vendsyssel. 
    I'm slightly surprised this didn't happen sooner, I was expecting such an announcement before the window closed
  • Options
    Annoying. Couldn't we have got this done in the transfer window even with a small fee to recoup some of our losses?
  • Options
    Vendsyssel are currently sitting 2nd bottom of Danish 1st Division. 15 goals in 12 games. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Danish 1st Division is equivalent to our Championship so standard similar to League 1 / 2 here I would estimate. 
  • Options
    Vendsyssel are currently sitting 2nd bottom of Danish 1st Division. 15 goals in 12 games. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Danish 1st Division is equivalent to our Championship so standard similar to League 1 / 2 here I would estimate. 
    He absolutely smashed the goals in at that level with Silkeborg so could be a very good signing for them if he gets back into the right mentality
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    I would imagine that back home in familiar surroundings with his family there, he will thrive.

Given his record in Denmark you'd expect he will score plenty for a side near the bottom of their second tier.
    Depends why they’re bottom of the league. He won’t score goals if they don’t create chances.

Hope he does well for them.
    15 in 12 games isn't that bad, they drew with the league leaders in their last game too.

I fully expect him to score a few and they stay up. Not sure how fit he'll be though, then in a months time they finish for a 3 month winter break.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    The break won't help Ronnie get fit ?
    He needs matches.
  • Options
    Isthmian Premier/Southern League
  • Options
    edited October 2021
  • Options
    Annoying. Couldn't we have got this done in the transfer window even with a small fee to recoup some of our losses?
    What losses did you have?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    What losses did you have?
    My sanity
  • Options
    Vendsyssel were in the Danish Superliga during the 2018-19 season so I'm sure they'll have been hoping to get back there in the two years since.
  • Options
    I don’t think the Danish 1st Division is similar to the Championship. More like League 2 (at best).

Also, we won’t find out how he’s faring before next year. He’s started training with them now, but won’t play for them before 2022.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Danepak said:
    I don’t think the Danish 1st Division is similar to the Championship. More like League 2 (at best).

Also, we won’t find out how he’s faring before next year. He’s started training with them now, but won’t play for them before 2022.
    Not a bad job if you can get it. Does a months training, then gets paid for another 3 months of light training and a few friendlies in Spain or somewhere whilst they have their winter break.

Out of interest though @Danepak what kind of salary would you say a Danish second tier player is on? Although i guess Schwartz would be at the top end of the bracket given his past record in Danish football.
  • Options
    Danepak said:

Not a bad job if you can get it. Does a months training, then gets paid for another 3 months of light training and a few friendlies in Spain or somewhere whilst they have their winter break.

Out of interest though @Danepak what kind of salary would you say a Danish second tier player is on? Although i guess Schwartz would be at the top end of the bracket given his past record in Danish football.
    I read somewhere a few years ago that a player on average would get paid 400,000 kroner annually (£45k per year) playing in the Danish 1st division.

Average salary for a Superliga (the top league in Denmark) player makes an average of 1,250,000 kroner (£140k per year). A bit skewed, as FC Copenhagen pays a total player salary of 150 million kroner (£17 million) compared to teams like Lyngby only pays a tenth of this for their entire squad.
    The very very highest paid players in the Superliga all play for FC Copenhagen and have a monthly salary of 750,000 kroner (£85k per month, so annually just over a million - but we're talking two players).