Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Arsenal - And We Think We’ve Got Problems.

Oh my days, he’s got a point, but what a lemon!

https://fb.watch/7ySixHV0C3/

‘We’ve got so much dead wood in the club we could start a bonfire’ 😂 

Comments

• Embarrassed for the lad.
  • Lot of stuff went on the background about Raul Sanllehi and his relationship with Kia Joorabchian...someone that is also very close with Edu. 
  • Edu out is the word on the street. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Edu out is the word on the street. 
    Has to be him. Not worded like it's the manager being sacked. 
  • listening to talksport at the moment (yeh I know don't  laugh). Propa funny listening to arsenal fans.

• Could Arsenal actually be relegated? They are genuinely terrible.
  • edited August 2021
    Could Arsenal actually be relegated? They are genuinely terrible.
    I doubt it, if it comes to it they'll chuck Arteta out and get someone in to get them out of immediate danger. Think it's likely to be a very bad season for them but not relegation bad.
  • If Norwich beat arsenal 3-0 on September 11th...it will be a thing of beauty.

• Sponsored links:

• Rumours that Aubamayang might be leaving for Barcelona. 
  • Rumours that Aubamayang might be leaving for Barcelona. 
    I thought Barcelona were pretty much unable to sign anyone due to their financial situationn- hence Messi's departure.
  • I think it's possible arsenal will treat the Norwich game like a champions League final and run riot.

A good enough 3-1 home win perhaps. Then all this will decline and they will gradually solidify a 14th spot in the premier League.

It will be about whoever wants it more though. Norwich will know they desperately need to win and their players will be heavily motivated, for a lot of reasons. They have the time available to tactically prepare for this game. If minimal players get called on international duty, it will help.

£10 on 2-2
  • arsenal are just a mid table prem side at worst. there's too much hype of them being 20th after just 3 games. charlton have had the worst start in their history but we still have a chance of doing well, I got way too pessimistic. 
  • Could Arsenal actually be relegated? They are genuinely terrible.
    I think they may well finish bottom half but relegated?  Nah.  

Aubameyang will score enough to win a few games, for a start.
  • The relegation places are generally reserved for the same old yo-yo teams these days. Arsenal will be nowhere near it.
  • cafctom said:
    The relegation places are generally reserved for the same old yo-yo teams these days. Arsenal will be nowhere near it.

Norwich and west brom hold those titles.

Fans must now just be bored of promotion and find it repetitive, knowing they will probably be straight back down again. Just another day at the office.

Owners probably love it, due to parachute payments 

• arsenal are just a mid table prem side at worst. there's too much hype of them being 20th after just 3 games. charlton have had the worst start in their history but we still have a chance of doing well, I got way too pessimistic. 
    First season after going down from the old 1st at Sellout, we lost the first four then drew the fifth - worse than this start. 
  • Sponsored links:

First season after going down from the old 1st at Sellout, we lost the first four then drew the fifth - worse than this start. 
    That wasn't in the 3rd tier.
  • Dave2l said:
    cafctom said:
    The relegation places are generally reserved for the same old yo-yo teams these days. Arsenal will be nowhere near it.

Norwich and west brom hold those titles.

Fans must now just be bored of promotion and find it repetitive, knowing they will probably be straight back down again. Just another day at the office.

Owners probably love it, due to parachute payments 

Plus Fulham and Watford

Mitrovic has signed a 5 year contract with Fulham. That's 3 promotions and 2 relegations to look forward too!
  • cafctom said:
    Yep - same old clubs. West Brom, Fulham, Norwich and Watford.

Those clubs basically don’t even need to spend much money to stay in the Premier League, as they’ll always be protected by parachutes. It’s actually starting to affect the excitement of the Championship now, which is a real shame.
    interesting post .. someone connected with Norwich has said that the Canaries are part of the 'elite 24', some teams of which will continually fluctuate between the Prem and the Champ. Parachute money allows clubs to stay well afloat and not incur losses and be able to sign and/or retain decent players when they're relegated.
    This theory has been slagged off by some commentators as it assumes a lack of real ambition for clubs like (e.g.) Norwich and WBA who can still make money while never really 'succeeding' at the higher levels. 
    However, does Sheffield United fit this pattern ? .. I doubt they will be in the promotion hunt this season, BUT who knows ?
  • edited August 2021
    It’s the main reason a lot of those clubs are able to retain their best players - as the wages don’t change drastically upon relegation.

Unfortunately it means the Championship will become more and more like the Premier League in the sense that it will be predictable, with familiar names at the top every 1-2 seasons.

The chances of an outsider club like Barnsley, Blackpool, Millwall (or dare I say it, Charlton) winning automatic promotion to the Premier League will be slim to none. Even ‘big’ clubs like Forest, Wednesday and Derby have been locked out for years partly because of this.

I wince a little bit when I hear owners come into League 1 level clubs and instantly talk about getting to the Premier League. Have they thought about how on earth we’re going to match clubs like Fulham, Watford etc who are effectively being bank rolled as if they are Premier League clubs? 
  • cafctom said:
    It’s the main reason a lot of those clubs are able to retain their best players - as the wages don’t change drastically upon relegation.

Unfortunately it means the Championship will become more and more like the Premier League in the sense that it will be predictable, with familiar names at the top every 1-2 seasons.

The chances of an outsider club like Barnsley, Blackpool, Millwall (or dare I say it, Charlton) winning automatic promotion to the Premier League will be slim to none. Even ‘big’ clubs like Forest, Wednesday and Derby have been locked out for years partly because of this.

I wince a little bit when I hear owners come into League 1 level clubs and instantly talk about getting to the Premier League. Have they thought about how on earth we’re going to match clubs like Fulham, Watford etc who are effectively being bank rolled as if they are Premier League clubs? 
    Watford bought Sarr for £35million and were able to keep him in the championship. Funnily, I asked my mate on Saturday how much would we have to spend to finish above Fulham. My guess was that we were easily £150m short of being able to have a better squad than them.
  • cafctom said:

PL2 in all but name ... and TV deal, although the parachute payments help that a bit.

Anyone is welcome to join this league but increasingly only a select few are allowed to progress from it.

• Of course all hear say 
  • Nice bit of homophobia as always. 

Who cares, but of course it's The Sun.