Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Iconic shirt sponsors

This has probably been covered in the annals of CL’s 15 year history, but the BAXI Preston shirt came up on my Twitter feed earlier.  Perhaps not iconic in the same way you associate JVC with Arsenal or Sharps with Man Utd, but definitely reminded me of my teenage years trying to watch as much football as possible, regardless of the league.

What ones strike a chord from your youth? 

Comments

• FADS: Charlton 
  • Marman Ltd 😉
  • https://fansfavourite.co.uk/blogs/blog/everton-and-hafnia

That prompted me to look up who the hell Hafnia were! A Danish canned meat company apparently, who didn't even sell in the UK!
  • PopIcon said:
    Holsten @ Spurs.
    Crown Paints @ Liverpool 

Remind me of when i first started watching football.
    Agree.  The Liverpool grey kit was great, and of course we had our own with The Woolwich 
  • Leicester City and Walkers. Best friend as a kid was a Leicester fan and associate it with kick abouts in the park.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has there ever been a supermarket sponsor in England?  Can't believe Tesco or Aldi have not jumped on a team unless they think it will put customers off.

• There were more well known, but "local" sponsors back then, whereas these days, it's multinationals, betting or small local companies.

Various regional brewers (Vaux, Greene King, Shipstones), Charlton and The Woolwich, Luton Town and Bedford Trucks, Palace and Virgin  ;)
  • Dagenham motors West Ham 

• edited August 2021
    Has there ever been a supermarket sponsor in England?  Can't believe Tesco or Aldi have not jumped on a team unless they think it will put customers off.

Not sure about sponsors, but Tesco Value once made Brighton's kit.
  • Born and Bred in Woolwich they were a dream sponsor for CAFC in my eyes !
  • Mars - Napoli
  • Has there ever been a supermarket sponsor in England?  Can't believe Tesco or Aldi have not jumped on a team unless they think it will put customers off.

Tescos/Brighton.
  • Rangers - CR Smith
    Celtic - CR Smith

Very sensible....
  • Sponsored links:

Tescos/Brighton.
    I don't think they ever wore a kit with tesco as sponsor mate. I may be wrong but never seen it.

• I think Chelsea had Commadore...anybody under 40 probably don't remember Commadore 
    I do!  Had a Commodore 64.

Admittedly I'm not far off....
  • HITACHI

Tescos/Brighton.
    I don't think they ever wore a kit with tesco as sponsor mate. I may be wrong but never seen it.

Waitrose sponsored Reading for seven years. 
  • Muller yogurt 
  • Chizz said:
    Has there ever been a supermarket sponsor in England?  Can't believe Tesco or Aldi have not jumped on a team unless they think it will put customers off.

Tescos/Brighton.

Waitrose sponsored Reading for seven years. 
    Well done that was bugging me to to think of one mate
  • Dagenham Motors iconic West Ham 
  • Liverpool and Candy, Sheffield Wednesday and Sanderson for some reason (think they also sponsored Southampton)