Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League Position Prediction

edited August 2021 in General Charlton
So, pre-season is done and the fun starts for real tomorrow. How about we stick our necks out with a prediction of our finishing league position for the season, plus a sentence or two to explain the rationale?

For example:
"Nigel's prophecy to come true - Champions.

Nobody will be able to cope with our fire-power of Washington and Stockley up front. We have the best centre-backs in the league and they will both stay fit and play 50 games each".

NO squabbling, sniping - it's a game of opinions!

Comments

• Options
    Anywhere in the playoffs will do me and that will be a bonus. 
  • Options
    I think our season hinges on what player recruitment we achieve by the end of the window, so I wouldn't like to make a prediction now  :)
  • Options
    I think our season hinges on what player recruitment we achieve by the end of the window, so I wouldn't like to make a prediction now  :)
    Our season hinges more on the 46 games we're going to play, so you could just do it in May next year :)
  • Options
    We will get automatic promotion.
  • Options
    we'll get into the play offs at a minimum whilst playing good football
  • Options
    Between 2nd and 4th 
  • Options
    Third
  • Options
    It depends if our awful luck with injuries continues. 
    With a typical injury record for the season, I’m saying 3rd-4th. 
  • Options
    Fourth place
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Third or fourth, missing out on automatics but not by much
  • Options
    Between 1st and 24th
  • Options
    Champions
  • Options
    7th-8th
  • Options
    2nd
  • Options
    5th
  • Options
    Initial thoughts were for 3rd but believe we may get automatic promotion 
  • Options
    At this point 7th. May improve depending on further business done in the window.

• Options
    6th-8th
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Between 2nd and 4th 
    Yeah I think it's too early to tell for sure, but based on the last 10 of last season and us only really losing Millar and Maatsen of the loanees and Aneke of our own team and not yet replacing them I can see us being around the top 5/6.

I won't give a full prediction until the window is over (though my whole season thing will be done this morning)
  • Options
    7th.
  • Options
    I was over the moon when we appointed Adkins. Yes it can be argued this is on the whole the same team who failed to reach the play offs but it is not the same manager. Sadly I feel Bowyer lost interest new manager more united dressing room TOP 4 it is
  • Options
    I honestly think we will win automatic this year. Yes squad is weak in depth at the moment but that will be sorted. Last year we were 100% good enough to get automatic if not for LB's weird phase. No reason to think we wont get it this year
  • Options
    2nd. Done. 
  • Options
    2nd or 3rd, defo top 6
  • Options
    Possibly top 2 defence, top 6 midfield, top 8 attack add them up =16 divide by 3 is 5.33.  

So 5th with us being closer to being 6th than 4th. 

Early injuries in defence will cost us any hope of top 6.
  • Options
    With the squad as thin as it is at the moment then 16-20.
  • Options
    3rd. Best defence in the league but a bit short in the goal scoring department so we draw a few too many games that we should have won. We win the play-offs with 1-0 in the final; Famewo wins Player of the Season and we sign him up for £1m.
  • Options
    Most likely upper mid table - 8th to 10th or so.

If we go on a tear in the transfer market to match toe to toe with the Ipswich’s, Sheff Weds etc of this world then would revise to 3rd