Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Sponsor / Partner Imminent

12345679»

Comments

• YTS1978 said:
    Tucker?
    Can’t see us paying 1m for a League one centre half.
    Didn't Roland pay a million for Pearce? I'd like to think TS would be prepared to stump up similar for the right man
    Doubt it. The fees paid in 16/17 are shown in the accounts as £421k - the commentary attributes this primarily to Magennis, Clarke and Forster-Caskey. This suggests no significant sum was paid for Pearce, which is my recollection and supported by Soccerbase, which has him down as a free transfer.

I believe Wigan wanted him off their wage bill.

He was a pretty good acquisition on that basis.
    Ajose was signed a few weeks before Pearce wasn't he?  JFC and page in January then Clarke was the only fee the following summer? 
  • edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Tucker?
    Didn't Roland pay a million for Pearce? I'd like to think TS would be prepared to stump up similar for the right man
    Doubt it. The fees paid in 16/17 are shown in the accounts as £421k - the commentary attributes this primarily to Magennis, Clarke and Forster-Caskey. This suggests no significant sum was paid for Pearce, which is my recollection and supported by Soccerbase, which has him down as a free transfer.

Ajose was signed a few weeks before Pearce wasn't he?  JFC and page in January then Clarke was the only fee the following summer? 
    Believe Ajose was signed in June 2016 before the accounting date and Clarke in June 2017 likewise. So only Clarke would add to the book value of the squad in the 16/17 accounts.

if we’d paid any significant fee for Pearce, in August 2016, it would have to be included there.
  • I think it is Tucker going by the like. Would be a great signing has had interest from higher up than us.
  • I think it is Tucker going by the like. Would be a great signing has had interest from higher up than us.
    One can but hope. Just the sort of young player we would be after.
  • When you are fishing in a bigger pond this is what you are up against we are in for him and I agree he is just what we need. All I am hoping for because he lives in Kent the less upheaval in his life so that might help fingers crossed.
  • Tucker?
    Seems a lot but that’s the going rate these days for quality, youth and potential. As long as we’ve done our homework it seems like good business to me. As long as he doesn’t flop (homework) and continues to improve then 1 million can be turned into a profit plus we’re according to TS on the start of a journey. Like McGillivray he could easily be part of that for a number of years. 
  • edited June 2021
    Addicks59 said:
    When you are fishing in a bigger pond this is what you are up against we are in for him and I agree he is just what we need. All I am hoping for because he lives in Kent the less upheaval in his life so that might help fingers crossed.
    Might also depend on how he’s advised. At age 21 and already local it might be a very good move for him to come to us. Certainly a step up from Gills and plenty of time for him to fulfil his potential. A lot of young players make the big move toosoon and disappear. 
  • This is what I am up against had ex player in my age group when we where together at charlton sent me a list of players this am that we are interested in. Alongside each player he rated them with deffo may be and at the bottom he rated one yes definitely  who was the player MICKY MOUSE. Lol.

• edited June 2021
    YTS1978 said:
    Tucker?

An excellent bit of business in that case! I seem to remember a big fee being banded around at the time, but maybe my minds playing tricks on me. Wigan's loss was certainly our gain.
  • I notice TS has a Zynex cup in the recent interview video. It's the sort of product placement a sponsor would appreciate or expect. Nothing stopping Zynex being the sponsor right?
  • Sponsored links:

• Are we sure this wasn't just the Dubai program that John Robinson is involved in?
  • edited July 2021
    Scoham said:
    Are we sure this wasn't just the Dubai program that John Robinson is involved in?
    It’s not and it’s nothing to with Zynex either. It’s not something that will be announced soon or take effect this season and the quoted value is based on being in a higher division in future.
  • Scoham said:
    Are we sure this wasn't just the Dubai program that John Robinson is involved in?
    It’s not and it’s nothing to with Zynex either. It’s not something that will be announced soon or take effect this season and the quoted value is based on being in a higher division in future.
    Are we playing you know something we don’t know ? 🙂

Why the  secrecy or are you simply  saving it for the Voice? In which case I have no objection. 
  • Scoham said:
    Are we playing you know something we don’t know ? 🙂

Why the  secrecy or are you simply  saving it for the Voice? In which case I have no objection. 
    I think the club have got themselves in a bit of a bind with the hyping of this deal in the end-of-season  TV show, which in turn was overinterpreted by fans. I’m not going any further as that would potentially cause them a further problem.

I would simply go back to the point that there is very limited commercial potential at Charlton to exploit in L1 and that doesn’t change whoever owns the club. You can have benefactors and relationships but you are not going to get game-changing commercial deals/partnerships domestically or internationally because the value is just not there for third parties.
    And yet you post  a teasing comment here rather than saying nothing!

As you say however always unlikely 3rd division football can attract much commercial opportunity. 
  • So who the hell are our shirt sponsors going to be if this other deal isn’t going to be announced anytime soon?