Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Sponsor / Partner Imminent

Comments

• edited May 2021
    As long as we're not handing naming rights and shirt sponsorship to some 'borrow money for your gambling debts at 5000% interest, also we are the gambling company, and a bailiffs' outfit...
  • it's been suggested to me by someone who, as far as I know, is not in the know so take this with a pinch of salt that it's Wendy's, the American burger chain, who are relaunching in the UK this year as part of an expansion into Europe. Would tick the box with being American.
  • edited May 2021
    it's been suggested to me by someone who, as far as I know, is not in the know so take this with a pinch of salt that it's Wendy's, the American burger chain, who are relaunching in the UK this year as part of an expansion into Europe. Would tick the box with being American.
    I read about them a couple of weeks ago about coming back to the UK - 200 outlets I believe and I will probably visit them all! 

Edit: Just checked out the story and it’s 400 restaurants - increases the challenge!
  • it's been suggested to me by someone who, as far as I know, is not in the know so take this with a pinch of salt that it's Wendy's, the American burger chain, who are relaunching in the UK this year as part of an expansion into Europe. Would tick the box with being American.
    I liked their burgers, they're first branch will be in Reading, their second in Stratford with Croydon to follow

https://www.hot-dinners.com/2021021510265/Gastroblog/Latest-news/wendys-burgers-london-uk-oxford-restaurants-new-opening
  • Sponsored links:

I liked their burgers, they're first branch will be in Reading, their second in Stratford with Croydon to follow

https://www.hot-dinners.com/2021021510265/Gastroblog/Latest-news/wendys-burgers-london-uk-oxford-restaurants-new-opening
    Southern bias - the bastards. When do us norveners get a look in?
    Slight juxtaposition, owning a medical company and then having junk food on your shirt ! 
  • Ground breaking sounded like something new and I immediately thought of Charlton TV. 
    As the plan seems to spread the service to other countries and having such a good quality product it would make sense to get some advertising going. Maybe including TV advertising will help get a really decent deal.
  • Wendy’s would be funny, better than any gambling/pay day loan company. 

The shirts would probably sell well too. Burger Kings sponsorship of Stevenage is very memorable and led to a lot of kids having the Stevenage shirt on their Fifa teams. 

I imagine having a memorable Wendy’s shirt wouldn’t hurt in terms of US expansion of the club.
  • Redrobo said:
    Ground breaking sounded like something new and I immediately thought of Charlton TV. 
    As the plan seems to spread the service to other countries and having such a good quality product it would make sense to get some advertising going. Maybe including TV advertising will help get a really decent deal.
    It’s a good point but he also said something like “sponsors are starting to take note of charlton tv”. “Starting to take note” doesn’t scream multi million pound deal to me. 
  • How long is the deal for catering at The Valley? Could we get Wendy's running the kiosks?

• Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    Ground breaking sounded like something new and I immediately thought of Charlton TV. 
    It’s a good point but he also said something like “sponsors are starting to take note of charlton tv”. “Starting to take note” doesn’t scream multi million pound deal to me. 
    I meant that a deal for say the shirt would include TV slots to make the deal more attractive.
  • Make a change from the onslaught of gambling companies,  hopefully a nicer burger at the valley, and surely huge numbers of pigtails sold in the club shop. 
  • Scoham said:
    So this might be the sponsor on our shirts next season:

Hopefully just the text! 
  • Can't see Wendy's, especially with the ban on junk food advertising coming in soon 
  • Redrobo said:
    Also, with fans allowed back into stadiums next season, will Charlton TV still exist for the UK market?  Will they be allowed to show matches at 3pm on a Saturday in the UK?  I would be interested to know the stats of how many tune in to Charlton TV who wouldn't go to the game in person if they could.
  • There is an event tomorrow evening relating to "sponsors" but I am unable to attend so I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer
  • Would love it if it was Land Rover