Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2021
    That article makes very interesting reading & I agree with a pp who said that he would have got a shock if he had signed for a top Championship / bottom half Premiership club. Their training & fitness regimes would have killed him & no way would they have accepted his curry on a Friday night antics.

I do wonder as well what he is going to do long term. It's ok saying he needs a break & can now get up late, but at some stage he will need to get a 9-5 job and any money he did make as a League 1 footballer wont last long. He's soon going to be in for a shock when mortgage & bills need paying.....playing for Spalding ain't the answer.
  • Options
    I'm sure somebody mentioned he wanted to be a tattooist - not sure if that was a joke or not. 
  • Options
    Has his own tattoo place doesn’t he?
  • Options

Sharing a just giving page to raise money for his knee op so that he can return to pro football...
  • Options
    Don’t know how long the fund me thing has been going, but he’s only raised £90 up to now, which is pretty sad. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Not sure I agree that he didn't track back or press. He saved the game against Sunderland by tracking back and making a goal-saving header in the six yard box. Bowyer praised him a few times (and himself) by talking about how much running he was getting out of him. But something obviously triggered a downwards spiral where he didn't want to be there anymore and started faking injuries and dropping out of training. 

I've worked in jobs where you're expected to be at your very best every day, with nowhere to hide if you're having an off day. It is absolutely exhausting. And if you have any mental health issues, it's easy to fall into a pit. 

Miner?
  • Options
    spent all his money on tattoos
  • Options
    Really?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Don’t know how long the fund me thing has been going, but he’s only raised £90 up to now, which is pretty sad. 
    Pro footballer asking for people to dig deep so he can have an op, that is sad, especially what has gone on in the last two years.

• Options
    I see Ryan Inniss has bunged him £20.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Really?
    No. He's also got a Fendi headband.
    You should give it a rest with some of the piss taking. From the comments he's clearly in a pretty dire situation especially with what he's gone through.

I'd hope the PFA can help him out but I guess he's not be a member anymore
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Really?
    You should give it a rest with some of the piss taking. From the comments he's clearly in a pretty dire situation especially with what he's gone through.

I don't know what sort of place he's in, but I hope it's a good one.

Let's hope a wealthy football friend comes forward and helps him. That would be my starting point before opening it up to the public.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Really?

I doubt Marcus Maddison read the post to be fair!
  • Options
    I feel sorry for the bloke obviously however he basically stuck 2 fingers up to football and now he is asking football fans to chuck him money so he can hopefully make a return. If a club thought that was likely I'm sure there are a few out there that would pay for his operation and get him back playing for them. To many bridges burnt and has shown he doesnt really care too much about delivering back to football. Sad I admit but unfortunately true imo 
  • Options
    Anyone with neck tattoo’s is a wrong un
  • Options
    I would extend that to face.

• Options
    Still his fight against himself goes on…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://gizmodo.com/gofundme-campaigns-for-medical-bills-almost-never-work-1848481518

GoFundMe Campaigns for Medical Bills Almost Never Work, Study Finds

Less than 12% of campaigns on GoFundMe met their goals, the study found, and people living in poorer neighborhoods raised less money than those in richer areas.

Unfortunately I don't think they did any analysis on professional athletes who burnt many bridges with egotistical behaviour masking mental health issues. Had real high hopes for Marcus and gutted it didn't work out and his subsequent issues. Hope he can find some happiness. 
  • Options
    Honestly cannot understand him... I have tried to empathise and even sympathise... but fuck me...
  • Options
    I would extend that to face.

Then it would be doubly wrong…?
  • Options
    That article makes very interesting reading & I agree with a pp who said that he would have got a shock if he had signed for a top Championship / bottom half Premiership club. Their training & fitness regimes would have killed him & no way would they have accepted his curry on a Friday night antics.

I do wonder as well what he is going to do long term. It's ok saying he needs a break & can now get up late, but at some stage he will need to get a 9-5 job and any money he did make as a League 1 footballer wont last long. He's soon going to be in for a shock when mortgage & bills need paying.....playing for Spalding ain't the answer.
    Just goes to show that if you want financial advice, golfie's the man to talk to.

• Options
    There’s a stupid sweeping statement. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    cafctom said:
    Blimey. He must be in a pretty tough place if he doesn’t have any savings at all after a year out.

I know players at League One level don’t make millions each year, but they do very, very well relatively speaking
    Just bought my first house and he lives very close. Apparently he's skint! He was on 5k+ a week. He got kicked out of his last house... 
  • Options
    I thought he was saying recently he didn't need football and was live streaming himself playing video games? 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    colthe3rd said:
    I thought he was saying recently he didn't need football and was live streaming himself playing video games? 
    I clicked on the link once and was the only person watching. 
  • Options
     Very sad . I probably shouldn’t feel sorry for him but I do 
  • Options
    Not sure i feel sorry for him, harsh probably