Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Lincoln City | Tues 4th May 2021 7pm

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Willo said:
    3 defenders and a keeper on the bench tonight in a must win game?
    Goalkeeper, centre back, full back, defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder and two strikers - a balanced bench is a good thing.
    No no, if you don’t put every single one of your attackers on the bench even though there’s no way you could bring them all on then you’re not ‘going for it’. 
    No no no, you must start them all.  I mean Amos hasn't scored this season, Matthews hasn't scored since line of duty was good.  Famewo, what's the point.  Those 3 out Aneke, Washington and Shinnie in :wink:
  • Pritchard is such an intelligent lad, should have kept the shorter hair though!
  • Smiling ear to ear watching all those repeats of Kermorgant’s and Bartlett’s wonderful goals. 
  • Scoham said:
    Willo said:
    Goalkeeper, centre back, full back, defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder and two strikers - a balanced bench is a good thing.
    Do you really believe we need Gunter on the bench when there are three fullbacks in the starting XI? Surely he could be be replaced by Shinnie? Or Pratley knowing JFC can sit deeper if needed. 
  • edited May 2021
    To be fair I dont get the "why arent we starting our top scorer"

Stockley has been the Striker in form for us since he's joined, i.e. since the Swindon game the stats have been

Aneke has 6-goals in 19-games
    Stockley has 8-goals in 20-games

When you boil it down, we are effectively starting our top scorer at the moment

Its just a shame we play to the style we do when he's playing
  • Too much negativity about the starting lineup. We all said quite similar before the Plymouth game.

For me, the importance is how closely the attacking players support Stockley, not the lineup on paper. 
  • mendonca said:
    Willo said:
    Who are the 3 defenders? Prats is a CB/DM 

cafc4life said:
    Sick of this one striker lark and if this is how Adkins chooses to set up next season then expect pelters quite early. What had Chuks got to do to start? Doubt we’ll see him play for us again after Saturday . I’d be off too if I’d got the treatment he has . 
  • To be fair I dont get the "why arent we starting our top scorer"

Stockley has been the Striker in form for us since he's joined, i.e. since the Swindon game the stats have been

And Aneke has as many goals off the bench as he does when starting. But yeah let's not have facts getting in the way of a good moan.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Seems odd to put our top scorers on the bench but guess they are both recovering from injuries so it kind of makes sense.

Adkins likes a settled team and a settled team is what’s needed to be successful. Too many oldies and cart horses in the squad is the main problem we have. And our best players are made of glass.
    It doesn't make sense when there's 2 games left and you need to win both
    But what point is there in playing them if we win these two but our best players get injured from starting this game, making them completely unavailable for the next 2-3 (Should Pompey/Oxford fail to win on Sunday)?

The less time on the pitch, the lower the risk of injury. We showed against Doncaster, Sunderland and Plymouth we can score without them. I do hope if we are not leading on the hour, they come on for 30 though!
    That is ridiculous @Dazzler21
    We MUST win these games
    So win them and see where we get to

• With walking frarne Watson and the two non crossing one footed wingers it's hard to be that excited.  

At least the defence is sound.

Has to be a 0.0 turgid bore fest which in many ways is worse than the recent 2.2  and 1.1 turgid borefests. Maybe Chuks can rescue us again. 

I will be having dinner with my 93 year old mother in law which will be far more athletic, unpredictable and entertaining.  

Enjoy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Willo said:
    mendonca said:
    Willo said:
    Who are the 3 defenders? Prats is a CB/DM 

cafc4life said:
    Sick of this one striker lark and if this is how Adkins chooses to set up next season then expect pelters quite early. What had Chuks got to do to start? Doubt we’ll see him play for us again after Saturday . I’d be off too if I’d got the treatment he has . 
    It's crazy we need to set up like we are going for this. On paper seems like we are gonna get more for the same as the last couple, gonna just hope Lincoln roll over.
  • colthe3rd said:

And Aneke has as many goals off the bench as he does when starting. But yeah let's not have facts getting in the way of a good moan.
    And he's only got six goals when he's started this season...
  • 8 minutes to go.

Emmerdale or the match thread. 

Mrs.  Blackpool is in for a good  hiding. 

How dare she say the match thread. 
  • edited May 2021
    On an ironic note seeing I've been speaking about him... Jayden speaks damned well, not in terms of how he speaks but what he's saying - Comes across so well, its just how we play with him in the team that makes me doubt whether I'd want him on a permanent deal
  • edited May 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Willo said:
    No no, if you don’t put every single one of your attackers on the bench even though there’s no way you could bring them all on then you’re not ‘going for it’. 
    No no no, you must start them all.  I mean Amos hasn't scored this season, Matthews hasn't scored since line of duty was good.  Famewo, what's the point.  Those 3 out Aneke, Washington and Shinnie in :wink:
    Yeah we need this side... (It's a joke formation before anyone comments) Classic 2-5-1-2 Formation from a foosball table 

Stockley (7g)

Pratley (1g 2a) Purrington (2g 1a)

Maatsen (1g 3a) Morgan (1g 3a) Shinnie (3g 6a) Gilbey (3g 2a) Millar (2g 5a)

F.Caskey (6g 2a)

Aneke (15g 3a)  - Washington (11g 2a)

(Everyone bar Aneke and Washington in that side = 26 goals
    Aneke and Washington = 26 goals.)
  • edited May 2021
    Struggling to decide whether to curse the club by buying the stream or give them a chance of winning by not watching the game.
  • I think we can safely assume Chucks is off and also shinnie. Interesting times
  • Scoham said:
    Willo said:
    Do you really believe we need Gunter on the bench when there are three fullbacks in the starting XI? Surely he could be be replaced by Shinnie? Or Pratley knowing JFC can sit deeper if needed. 
    Matthews has a history of injury including breaking down on pitch quite recently, when he probably should have been subbed, and in the past Adkins has taken off Maatsen to bring Gunter on and shore us up defensively if we’re holding onto a lead. What if we’re 1-0 up tonight with 10 mins to go, we’d look pretty stupid if we conceded because when Adkins looked to his bench for fresh legs it was all attackers who can’t defend. The bench has to be planned for a number of eventualities far beyond chasing a goal 
  • Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Not starting Aneke is absolute madness. 
    He is never fit ffs 
    Minto said that the sounds they were getting from the club was that the Physio team are terrified of him breaking down again
    Don't renew his contract then. Ridiculous to have a player who can't play 90 minutes week in week out 
    I'm already expecting him to be released... Wouldnt be surprised if Sandgaard is asking the same thing
    Yeah, just makes it even more stupid, as we're just protecting him for his next club. Maddening!
  • edited May 2021
    Listening to Stockley with his take on that performance last Saturday at Accrington, he sounds more like a permanent than a loan, and almost more gutted than some of our own players, would be great if we could get him signed up, of course may have already reached an agreement, but he has that positivity that hopefully rubs off.
  • Sponsored links:

• i wonder if shwartz has gone back to Denmark. No point him being here currently.
  • Vincenzo said:
    Struggling to decide whether to curse the club by buying the stream or give them a chance of winning by not watching the game.
    Paid for the stream today, rather than IPTV... Basically showing my support. 
  • Listening to Stockley with his take on that performance last Saturday at Accrington, he sounds more like a permanent than a loan, and almost more gutted than some of our own players, would be great if we could get him signed up, of course may have already reached an agreement, but he has that positivity that hopefully rubs off.
    Its partly why I dont overly care if we sign five loans each summer - Its probably going to happen as they'll be squad fillers but we've seen recently how some loans have cared about representing the club than some on permanent contracts!!
  • Great stat about Stockley. 2nd top scorer for headers in league 1 this season, even though he’s only been here since January. 

Impressed with his interview too. 
  • colthe3rd said:

How did that approach with Stockley fair in our last two matches? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is broke, also don't fix it?
  • edited May 2021
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    He is never fit ffs 
    Minto said that the sounds they were getting from the club was that the Physio team are terrified of him breaking down again
    Don't renew his contract then. Ridiculous to have a player who can't play 90 minutes week in week out 
    I'm already expecting him to be released... Wouldnt be surprised if Sandgaard is asking the same thing
    Yeah, just makes it even more stupid, as we're just protecting him for his next club. Maddening!
    I agree with that, but only so far as I believe we protecting him just incase we do make the play offs. We have shown we can do it without him, let's hope we can again. 
  • Interesting that Curbs has noticed a different type of warm up today. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    He is never fit ffs 
    I agree with that, but only so far as I believe we protecting him just incase we do make the play offs. 
    We ain't 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!