Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Lincoln City | Tues 4th May 2021 7pm

Comments

• Charlton 25%
    Draw 50%
    Lincoln 25%

• edited May 2021
    Season tickets sold today is more than the previous 5 seasons combined. First day sales only. 

I think that’s what Minto just said anyway. 
  • That was a great little ditty for season tickets I welled up 
  • Croydon said:
    Not starting Aneke is absolute madness. 
    Was just about to post the same. Instead, we have a left back as an attacking right sided player. I would love to see Aneke start in that position running at their defence
  • Croydon said:
    Was just about to post the same. Instead, we have a left back as an attacking right sided player. I would love to see Aneke start in that position running at their defence
    Then you lose the defensive side. 

I can understand it tbh, even if I'm not particularly enthused by it. 
  • edited May 2021
    Bloody hell first day season ticket sales for next year have already surpassed those of the previous 5 years!!! Now that's some going and shows the faith in TS!!
    Easy to beat last season, was capped at 4k!
  • Well done with the season ticket sales to the club and fans. 

That stat makes me proud of the club, rather than regular and constant moaning I've read and been part of on here for some time now.
  • 3 defenders and a keeper on the bench tonight in a must win game?
  • Willo said:
    3 defenders and a keeper on the bench tonight in a must win game?
    Who are the 3 defenders?
  • Sponsored links:

• Willo said:
    Goalkeeper, centre back, full back, defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder and two strikers - a balanced bench is a good thing.
  • And now Bartlett's PL GOTS
  • mendonca said:
    Willo said:
    Who are the 3 defenders?
    I suppose... Gunter, Pearce and Pratley
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    No Shinnie in the squad is very disappointing. I guess NA doesn't rate him, yet I think he is worth having on the bench at least, anyway lets see how this pans out.
    Bonkers if he doesn't rate him, he's been one of our better players this season.
    Doesn't say much to be fair. 
    It doesn't, but I'd prefer him over JFC, much better passer of the ball.
    Look what happens every time JFC doesn't play (I am not saying it never happens when he does) we either end up with Watson and Pratley or Morgan and Shinnie get new arse holes ripped as teams casually wonder through our midfield and pop in "worldies" like they are going out of fashion. 
    Yeah JFC is not the one i'd drop. 

Watley/Pratson are. JFC in that role (he's not as good as people believe up top) and Shinnie at RCM. 
    He isn't brilliant future foward, but he is the only one of our 236 center mids that can both defend and attack to any degree what so ever. 
  • Croydon said:
    He is never fit ffs 
  • Fantastic goals both of them.

Bartlett's is tough to beat. 
  • Pritch is absolutely adorable.
  • Croydon said:
    He is never fit ffs 
    Minto said that the sounds they were getting from the club was that the Physio team are terrified of him breaking down again
  • The dictionary definition of “must win” tonight. At home. One up front and three defensive players on the bench. No Shinnie, our leading assister. Unnecessarily cautious imho. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Willo said:
    Goalkeeper, centre back, full back, defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder and two strikers - a balanced bench is a good thing.
    No no, if you don’t put every single one of your attackers on the bench even though there’s no way you could bring them all on then you’re not ‘going for it’. 
  • The dictionary definition of “must win” tonight. At home. One up front and three defensive players on the bench. No Shinnie, our leading assister. Unnecessarily cautious imho. 
    Can't argue with that 
  • Croydon said:
    He is never fit ffs 
    Minto said that the sounds they were getting from the club was that the Physio team are terrified of him breaking down again
    Don't renew his contract then. Ridiculous to have a player who can't play 90 minutes week in week out 
  • Croydon said:
    He is never fit ffs 
    Which is good enough for me personally. 
  • Heart over head, I'm on 4-0 to keep the playoff dream
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Fantastic goals both of them.

Bartlett's is tough to beat. 
    It is, but I'll never forget the Yann goal - amazing
    Oh and a poor left back at right wing. 
  • aliwibble said:
    Pritch is absolutely adorable.
    Toy boy 😉
  • Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    He is never fit ffs 
    Don't renew his contract then. Ridiculous to have a player who can't play 90 minutes week in week out 
    I'm already expecting him to be released... Wouldnt be surprised if Sandgaard is asking the same thing
  • I know hes our top scorer but if Aneke isnt fit enough to start either of the last 2 matches which have both been must wins then i really cant see why we would keep him on or next season
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!