Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Lincoln City | Tues 4th May 2021 7pm

Comments

• No Shinnie in the squad is very disappointing. I guess NA doesn't rate him, yet I think he is worth having on the bench at least, anyway lets see how this pans out.
    Bonkers if he doesn't rate him, he's been one of our better players this season.
    Doesn't say much to be fair. 
  • Jorge Grant starts for Lincoln tonight, even more reason for you to avoid the game Golfie?

Is that their first 11? Runours they’d rest a few 
  • edited May 2021
    Top two goal scorers on bench! Player with most assists left out squad! What a load of bolloxs! Was hoping we would play 442 and Aneke started. Well be on the back foot and losing by the time he gets a game! Adkins out! ;)
  • If we can't risk Aneke starting with only two games left, when can we start him?
     2 or 4/5 games remaining
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Is it a goodbye and thanks captaincy tonight? 
    Or a message if you sign a new deal, you will be captain next year?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    No Shinnie in the squad is very disappointing. I guess NA doesn't rate him, yet I think he is worth having on the bench at least, anyway lets see how this pans out.
    Bonkers if he doesn't rate him, he's been one of our better players this season.
    It doesn't, but I'd prefer him over JFC, much better passer of the ball.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    shine166 said:
    Maybe I'm over thinking it, but I guess chucks is off in the summer. It's literally a shit or bust game, let him run himself into the ground and take him off when he's done. Last 10 is pointless. 
    I cannot understand the reliance on Stockley. He's got 7 in 21 is it now? 1 in 3 is good, but it ruins how we play. Aneke allows us to have two styles, passing with low crosses and lump it up. 
    If it was with feet too, I'd say crack on. But with stockley it's stick it on his head or don't bother, if we ain't making numerous decent crosses we don't stand a chance. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    KettsJohn said:
    It feels a bit irrelevant this one. Feel ambivalent but football is a funny old game. Can Burton and Stanley do is a favour on Saturday. Still need to win both games ourselves and we are at home of course. Hope for a positive line up at the very least.
    This one is only irrelevant if we lose it. 

To be honest, even though the footy has been crap at times, it cannot be denied to run it this close with the season we have gives heart. 

It's not success, but many of us knew deep down in November/December we weren't going to get promoted, who knows if we would have run it even closer with a sooner change of management. 

Just be pleased we have our club, we have our owner and come the start of the new season, we might even have our seats back. 
    Yep I agree. Perspective I guess. Before the season started it was worrying and having supported this club for over 50 years I was worried about having a club to support. Still think we could have done better with this squad but with stability and a rebuild in the summer certainly reasons to be optimistic. Look forward to getting back to a game next season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2021
    Valley11 said:
    Jorge Grant starts for Lincoln tonight, even more reason for you to avoid the game Golfie?

Brennan Johnson is one I'm glad is missing, shame Jorge Grant is there though

The former is a wide player who has been on loan from Nottingham Forest, scored a hat trick against Milton Keynes recently

Looks like they've made three changes from Saturday; Bridcutt (missing) with Rogers and Hopper on the bench. Morton came on to replace Hopper with ten minutes to play on Saturday, Rogers played the full game whilst Bridcutt was replaced by McGrandles on 64mins

Looks like Edun is the one to replace Bridcutt, he was on the bench on Saturday, replaced Anderson with 87mins played
  • Valley11 said:
    Jorge Grant starts for Lincoln tonight, even more reason for you to avoid the game Golfie?

there are 2 or 3 missing, Appleton is not 'risking minor injured' and I am surprised they left out Rogers, a dangerous and big winger/striker
  • Crazy saving our top scorers on the bench tonight for a must win game, looking forward to 60mins of hoofball
  • edited May 2021
    In a game we "have to win", no Chuks, no Washington, we certainly  need something better that hoofball up to Stockley surely, Hope this doesn't go tits up or Curbs and Minto will be talking to themselves come Sunday.
    Really looking forward to the preshow with Bradley though, great locks by the way Brads
  • Dazzler21 said:
    No Shinnie in the squad is very disappointing. I guess NA doesn't rate him, yet I think he is worth having on the bench at least, anyway lets see how this pans out.
    Look what happens every time JFC doesn't play (I am not saying it never happens when he does) we either end up with Watson and Pratley or Morgan and Shinnie get new arse holes ripped as teams casually wonder through our midfield and pop in "worldies" like they are going out of fashion. 
  • I’ve got a real irrational hatred of Lincoln, so hope we give them a good hiding. Failing that, Inniss first goal, anytime scorer or last goalscorer will do me nicely. 
    You've got to explain that one!

What on earth have Lincoln ever done to you?
    Nothing hence irrational. 
  • No thanks, Watson and Stockley, ugh. 

Should be 442, Gilbey and Forster-Caskey in the middle of the park, Millar and Maatsen out wide, Washington and Aneke up top. We have nothing to lose in the 2 remaining matches, just go and attack teams from the start and put our stamp on the game for once.

No balls Charlton, whoever the manager is
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Look what happens every time JFC doesn't play (I am not saying it never happens when he does) we either end up with Watson and Pratley or Morgan and Shinnie get new arse holes ripped as teams casually wonder through our midfield and pop in "worldies" like they are going out of fashion. 
    Yeah JFC is not the one i'd drop. 

Watley/Pratson are. JFC in that role (he's not as good as people believe up top) and Shinnie at RCM. 
  • That’s some hairdo Pritchard is displaying !!

Looks like Medusa 
    Knew we'd get a "comment" from Curbs about his hair

Good to see the chemistry Curbs manages to show even with those he doesnt really know
  • Sponsored links:

• (I mean I'd actually have Shinnie in there but he's clearly not in the plans)
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    That was before Gilbey refound his form, he does a lot of the dirty work too. Gilbey and JFC are similar, Shinnie is a better creator.
  • sam3110 said:
    (I mean I'd actually have Shinnie in there but he's clearly not in the plans)
    I wonder if Thomas has let Nigel know that some players will have to be replaced with young players from our academy, whilst others can be new signings and neither wish to renew Shinnie? 

Pure speculation but Morgan over Shinnie makes sense in that respect. 
  • It’s now or never and Aneke still doesn’t start...
  • edited May 2021
    Seems odd to put our top scorers on the bench but guess they are both recovering from injuries so it kind of makes sense.

Adkins likes a settled team and a settled team is what’s needed to be successful. Too many oldies and cart horses in the squad is the main problem we have. And our best players are made of glass.
  • Seems odd to put our top scorers on the bench but guess they are both recovering from injuries so it kind of makes sense.

Adkins likes a settled team and a settled team is what’s needed to be successful. Too many oldies and cart horses in the squad is the main problem we have. And our best players are made of glass.
    It doesn't make sense when there's 2 games left and you need to win both
  • We win both our games, Blackpool lose both their games, we can pip them.  ;)
  • Not starting Aneke is absolute madness. 
  • sam3110 said:
    Seems odd to put our top scorers on the bench but guess they are both recovering from injuries so it kind of makes sense.

It doesn't make sense when there's 2 games left and you need to win both
    But what point is there in playing them if we win these two but our best players get injured from starting this game, making them completely unavailable for the next 2-3 (Should Pompey/Oxford fail to win on Sunday)?

The less time on the pitch, the lower the risk of injury. We showed against Doncaster, Sunderland and Plymouth we can score without them. I do hope if we are not leading on the hour, they come on for 30 though!
  • On Shinnie, he only started 2 matches during the recent unbeaten run. Now I quite like him but he's clearly not in Adkins plan and I can kind of see why with the way he's trying to play. I also don't think he's a great impact sub, it's not exactly an outrageous decision to not start him.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!