Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Lincoln City | Tues 4th May 2021 7pm

edited May 2021 in General Charlton
Lincoln. We should have played them a month ago when they were in a dire run of form, before declaring themselves Covid victims ....... which gave them breathing space to reset. It did make Golfie cross.

Now they are the division's form team and have already clinched their playoff qualifying place.
What does our nice Mr Adkins have to say? We need to win the game, it’s as simple as that." 

Well, in the immortal words of Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, "May the fourth be with you".
Star Wars fans may groan. I can't say I blame them.

Hamstrung DJ is still absent. Maybe one or 2 others have niggles, but Nads has said he's going to put out a team to win the game.
Watch this space.

Charlton: Amos; Matthews, Innis, Famewo, Purrington; Forster-Caskey, Watson, Gilbey; Maatsen, Millar; Stockley.

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Gunter, Pearce, Pratley, Morgan, Aneke, Washington.

Can't bear to watch - but can't bear not to? Get your live stream here:
Supporters who are yet to purchase a pass for tonight's game can do so here.

All on Valley Pass .......... Scott Minto will host the Preview show, broadcast from 6.15pm.
Starring Curbs and Charlton legend, Bradley Pritchaaaaaard! 

Gawd, we need to win tonight. Sh*t or bust!

Comments

• edited May 2021
    Hope in some respect we get put out of our misery tonight.

If we play shite and somehow get a 90th minute winner its just going to drag things on

If we play really well though and get a deserved victory I wont mind as much.

In some ways it'll be the first time since 2017 where we'd be going into the final day with nothing to play for:

2020: Relegation @ Leeds
    2019: Managed to bump ourselves into third
    2018: Stretching it a bit but Plymouth could have beaten us to 6th on Goal Difference if I remember rightly

Although with the last one they had a hell of a job to try and achieve it
  • It feels a bit irrelevant this one. Feel ambivalent but football is a funny old game. Can Burton and Stanley do is a favour on Saturday. Still need to win both games ourselves and we are at home of course. Hope for a positive line up at the very least.
  • KettsJohn said:
    It feels a bit irrelevant this one. Feel ambivalent but football is a funny old game. Can Burton and Stanley do is a favour on Saturday. Still need to win both games ourselves and we are at home of course. Hope for a positive line up at the very least.
    That's the problem, my friend.

We're at home. :neutral:

• I’ve got a real irrational hatred of Lincoln, so hope we give them a good hiding. Failing that, Inniss first goal, anytime scorer or last goalscorer will do me nicely. 
  • edited May 2021
    Back to 4-3-3 by the looks of things with Famewo in for Pearce and Matthews back in for Gunter

Purrington and Watson also back in the squad
  • No Pearce tonight - we have a chance.
  • Back to 4-3-3 by the looks of things with Famewo in for Pearce and Matthews back in for Gunter

Purrington and Watson also back in the squad
    Yes, back to Nigel's favoured formation...
  • Sponsored links:

• All our firepower is on the bench......unless either Millar or Maatsen can clear the first defender & put the ball on Stockleys head.

Glad I'm not watching the stream tonight.
  • No Shinnie and Aneke on the bench. Oh well consistent at least. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Hope in some respect we get put out of our misery tonight.

If we play shite and somehow get a 90th minute winner its just going to drag things on

Can't agree with that, Forever, old chap.

We're Charlton supporters, we've done time and bear the scars ....... we've chosen a football life of (usually) misery.
    It's what we do. :smile:
    Accrington was just Sarr knocking the ball past Phillips at Wembley. It was a catalyst for us to up our game and go at Sunderland.

Let's hope the players up their game and fight to the very end of the season.

It's not expected, it's demanded. 
  • Jorge Grant starts for Lincoln tonight, even more reason for you to avoid the game Golfie?

• I was hoping for an Aneke start. Shame but happy with the rest of the team.
  • edited May 2021
    Amos
    Matthews - Inniss - Famewo - Purrington

F.Caskey - Watson - Gilbey

Maatsen - Stockley - Millar

Subs M.Brewer, Gunter, Pearce, Pratley, Morgan, Aneke, Washington

Think I prefer mine Nige : 

Dazzler21 said:
    Expect a return to 4-3-3 not necessarily what I want, but what I expect. 

If I had to choose I'd have these players in it.

Amos

Matthews - Inniss - Famewo - Purrington 

Shinnie - F.Caskey - Gilbey

Millar - Aneke - Washington

Subs: M.Brewer, Oshilaja, Maatsen, Morgan, Henry, Clayden (assuming Jaiyesimi still injured), Stockley

• anyone not watching the TV show and has freeview TV, the game is on BBC Radio Lincolnshire which is 722 on the Virgin media site

Would like to have seen another striker in there for either Maatsen or Watson. We need to stop Grant the Lincoln 10 and their strikers are in very good form. GOTTA WIN THIS ONE .. attack attack attack
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it a goodbye and thanks captaincy tonight? 
  • edited May 2021
    Maybe I'm over thinking it, but I guess chucks is off in the summer. It's literally a shit or bust game, let him run himself into the ground and take him off when he's done. Last 10 is pointless and wtf shinniesta has done wrong I don't know.

• shine166 said:
    Maybe I'm over thinking it, but I guess chucks is off in the summer. It's literally a shit or bust game, let him run himself into the ground and take him off when he's done. Last 10 is pointless. 
    I cannot understand the reliance on Stockley. He's got 7 in 21 is it now? 1 in 3 is good, but it ruins how we play. Aneke allows us to have two styles, passing with low crosses and lump it up. 
  • Jorge Grant starts for Lincoln tonight, even more reason for you to avoid the game Golfie?

I see Lincoln have borrowed last season's Charlton kit for this match.

Anyone else feel there could be a colour clash tonight? :smile:

• edited May 2021
    No Shinnie in the squad is very disappointing. I guess NA doesn't rate him, yet I think he is worth having on the bench at least, anyway lets see how this pans out.
    Bonkers if he doesn't rate him, he's been one of our better players this season.
  • Sick of this one striker lark and if this is how Adkins chooses to set up next season then expect pelters quite early. What had Chuks got to do to start? Doubt we’ll see him play for us again after Saturday . I’d be off too if I’d got the treatment he has . 
  • I’ve got a real irrational hatred of Lincoln, so hope we give them a good hiding. Failing that, Inniss first goal, anytime scorer or last goalscorer will do me nicely. 
    You've got to explain that one!

What on earth have Lincoln ever done to you?
  • I like Shinnie but he’s clearly not in Adkins plan. Like most players in this squad, I won’t be too disappointed to see him move on.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!