Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Any Addicks in Hornchurch/Upminster?

I’m moving to the other side of the water in the Summer, to Hornchurch.

Dont know a great deal about the area, but seems nice enough.

Imagine the place is full to the brim of West Ham supporters, but just wondering if there is any kind of Charlton contingent out that way?

Comments

• edited April 2021
    This doesn't answer your question much,but just a tip if it's your thing - the paintballing place in Upminster is brilliant.
  • edited April 2021
    I’m 15 mins away from Hornchurch - Used to live there. Plenty of decent boozers there and in Upminster As you say, plenty of West Ham, lots of Tottenham as well. I’ve seen a couple of Charlton around. 
  • Lived around barking and dagenham and Havering most of my life. Very few charlton around. Mostly top 6 armchair fans and west ham.
  • Remember going to the Southend game a few seasons ago and the other platform at Upminster and all the others on the way were rammed with WHam fans. Glad we were going the other way!! 😉
  • I’m 15 mins away from Hornchurch - Used to live there. Plenty of decent boozers there and in Upminster As you say, plenty of West Ham, lots of Tottenham as well. I’ve seen a couple of Charlton around. 
    @cafctom is looking forward to moving all the more now.
  • I’m 15 mins away from Hornchurch - Used to live there. Plenty of decent boozers there and in Upminster As you say, plenty of West Ham, lots of Tottenham as well. I’ve seen a couple of Charlton around. 
    Here's one reason not to move anywhere near there @cafctom
    I always thought Dicky was in the Dagenham area.
    If you are thinking of me, I live in Billericay.

If you are thinking of me, I live in Billericay.

And he’s doing very well.
    Lots of pubs and bars in Hornchurch. Don’t know any in Upminster to be honest 
  • Sponsored links:

• I live in Brentwood - not far away. Lots of West Ham and Tottenham, but a nice place to live and lots of decent pubs! 
  • There's a lovely micropub - the Upminster Taproom - quite close to the station. And you could watch Chris Dickson play at Hornchurch FC...
  • I will definitely be making some trips to see Hornchurch FC when I’m not at Charlton. 
  • I live in Brentwood - not far away. Lots of West Ham and Tottenham, but a nice place to live and lots of decent pubs! 
    Brentwood is indeed very nice. 
    My brother lives in Shenfield so very close to you.
  • MrOneLung said:
    I’m 15 mins away from Hornchurch - Used to live there. Plenty of decent boozers there and in Upminster As you say, plenty of West Ham, lots of Tottenham as well. I’ve seen a couple of Charlton around. 
    Lots of pubs and bars in Hornchurch. Don’t know any in Upminster to be honest 
    Huntsman and Hounds and The Optimist are decent and worth a visit. 
    @cafctom is looking forward to moving all the more now.
    He already asked me to give him a grand tour of all the pubs in exchange for free drinks in each one. 
    Shenfield is very nice! Is he a fellow Addick? 
    Shenfield is very nice! Is he a fellow Addick? 
    Yep.lifelong and so is his son.
  • I was in upminster until last year when I moved to Hoddesdon. Gone from mostly West Ham to mostly Spurs/Arsenal. The Jury is still out on who wins the most annoying fan base!

Hornchurch has a good number of decent boozers. The Firkin in the high street has a screen outside but does get very busy. The Sutton arms is also pretty good as has plenty of screens. 
  • Sponsored links:

• There used to be a house in Corbets Tey Road, down the Huntsman and Hounds end next to the park entrance, that always had Charlton flags and stickers in the window.
  • Have lived in Upminster for past 25 years, though due to move to Kent in a few weeks time. Currently I live 45 seconds from the turnstiles of Wembley bound Hornchurch FC.

It’s a great area for many reasons. Happy if you want to pm me with any specific questions. 

Only 40 minutes from Upminster station to The Valley. Have often watched the lunchtime game in The Junction (pub next to the station) before jumping on the train to get to Charlton for 3:00pm. It gets rammed with Hammers after West Ham game though. 

The Windmill (Green King) has been my local for years. Not sure what it will be like now as the landlady passed away in January and I think they’ve got a new manager. Crumpled Horn overlooks Upminster Park and is also decent. Other pubs mentioned are all good. There’s also a couple of British Legion clubs nearby. 

I know several Addicks in the area. 
  • edited May 2021
    Thanks all - I'm moving to Wingletye Lane, which is Hornchurch but close to Emerson Park as well. A bit daunting as I've no connection to the area at all.

Good to hear there are some decent pubs and places to meet people nearby. Will likely try and join a local football team as well. 
  • Used to live just off Wingletye Lane on the County Park estate, before migrating.
    Very handy for the A12, and some nice pubs in the town.
    Emerson Park is lovely. Robert Lee and Tony Adams were living there back then, don't know if they still are.

• I spent a just over year of my life before I moved to Chicago in Emerson Park. The locals will not call it Hornchurch! Great area. Lots of of good pubs, nice countryside not far, and quick trains into town. 

I don’t think I ever met anyone other than West Ham fans in my time there. Place is swarming with them. At some point as you get closer to the North Circular / M11 it turns Tottenham and of course fans bleed into both sides hence the rivalry. 
  • edited May 2021
    cafctom said:
    Thanks all - I'm moving to Wingletye Lane, which is Hornchurch but close to Emerson Park as well. A bit daunting as I've no connection to the area at all.

Good to hear there are some decent pubs and places to meet people nearby. Will likely try and join a local football team as well. 
    My mate lives off Wingletye - Sylvan Avenue. Avoid the wingletye turn off on at A127...it’s an absolute bastard...as is gallows corner (which is a bit further on).
  • I spent a just over year of my life before I moved to Chicago in Emerson Park. The locals will not call it Hornchurch! Great area. 
    Is there a lake there?
  • I spent a just over year of my life before I moved to Chicago in Emerson Park. The locals will not call it Hornchurch! Great area. 
    Is there a lake there?
    Very good. I had re-read my words three times to see what you did there.
  • Lived in and around Hornchurch for 20 years plus, nice area, some good pubs... the firkin is the best imo. Mostly hammers fans I would say.
  • edited May 2021
    I have a office down the road in Rush Green ..... mostly Hammers fans everywhere local  , but there is a nice signed Charlton Shirt in my office if you ever need to rid yourself of the plastic Cockneys