Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player of the Year Dinner 2009

This years CASC Player of the Year Function will be held on Sunday 26th April in the North Stand Suite.
This will be attended by all of the players and management of CAFC.

Ticket prices : £25 per head / £15 accompanied juniors ( U/16 )

Tickets available from poty@btinternet.com

Comments

• Steve - you're a few days early - April Fool's on Wednesday? If this is for real, there might be more players there than supporters.
  • Dinsdale ?
  • Precisely why I didn't wait until the 1st !!!! lol

Its all true ...... don't shoot the messenger !!!

And Goonerhater ..... thats soooo 1970's !!!!!
  • ill skip it thanks
  • To be fair, it was a good evening last year. Meeting Cory Gibbs was worth the entrance fee alone
  • can i just ask all to hold fire, im sure if we hang it out a bit they will pay us more than £25 to turn up.
  • Bit of an awkward evening. How can anyone go and collect an award after this season.
  • Are you sure you are Steve Bailey and not Nicky Bailey doing a bit of canvassing?:-)
  • ARGHHH !!! ..you've blown my cover damn you !!!
  • For those wishing to cast a vote...and yes I did say cast a vote, not a stone.....The Fans Forum members will be collecting votes outside of the main reception West stand at the Birmingham game.
  • Sponsored links:

• will be more like a wake to be honest.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]For those wishing to cast a vote...and yes I did say cast a vote, not a stone.....The Fans Forum members will be collecting votes outside of the main reception West stand at the Birmingham game.[/quote]

Cheers Tel....

will be in touch !!!!

Steve
  • i do not believe that this is even being mooted TBH

i think the players should all pay the 25 pound give it to the hospice (cant spell it)

and there be a gap in the roll of honour board for this unhonourable mob

CASC you should not be holding this award night i understand why you may but to be honest it is not an award ceremony for effort it is going to be a fecking disgrace ceremony for lack of it.
  • I wouldn't mind going to be honest. £25 is pretty good value, if you have £25 to spare (not sure I do).
  • How about included in the £25, a couple of bread rolls free to throw at the players
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i do not believe that this is even being mooted TBH

i think the players should all pay the 25 pound give it to the hospice (cant spell it)

and there be a gap in the roll of honour board for this unhonourable mob

CASC you should not be holding this award night i understand why you may but to be honest it is not an award ceremony for effort it is going to be a fecking disgrace ceremony for lack of it.[/quote]

CASC has traditionally held this function, and it is the tradition and spirit of supporters that has kept this going....not just through 'the glory years'...

We had initial thoughts not to hold it this time around .... but the function is for the fans..and when put to the vote of ALL branches and fan groups the unanimous decision was made for the show to go on !!!!

( Just to let you know - and everyone else that may care to read this - the players ARE paying for themselves - and, perhaps more importantly, ticket profits are being donated towards 'Robbys Fund' - a charity fund set up by the Club ... helping less fortunate children have a better quality of life.

Needless to say ... without the function, there would be no donation !
    Players may come and go .... true fans do not.
  • edited March 2009
    Like I said Steve I understand why you are having the POTY i have attended many of them myself back in the days of the Meridian club when it was true fans and not the glory years

, I just cant believe that their will be a persons name on our wall of honour in Floyds for this season

It makes a mockery of the fantastic players gone by that earnt their POTY.

I hope Jon Jo sweeps the board (yet he has only played a handfull of times)

i hope that all the players get nailed to the wall by the tables that they sit on I hope they squirm at the kids saying to them why did you do it to me,

but above all i hope you raise a good few quid for the charirty
  • Thanks for your comments !!! ( rant excused!! )...

Glad you mentioned about the kids, because the dinner is essentially for them to mix with their 'heroes'......

( last year we involved the kids more, and let them do the actual presentations to the players )..

And to be fair, the players are very good with the CASDA members also.

Yes it will be an 'interesting' evening !!!!
  • Dinner? Give Nicky Bailey a 3 course meal, maybe a good plateful for Elliot,Racon,Shelvey,Basey and few others to build them up. A bowl of gruel and 18 straws for the rest.....
  • edited March 2009
    Is Mr.Cartwright doing the MC-ing ?

And, will we be back from Derby intime ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Great post, Big William.

Caviar and champagne for Bailey, a good steak and a beer for Shelvey and the rest can beg like Oliver Twist ...

If they really did that I would definitely buy a ticket !
  • the players should wait the tables.
  • "And to be fair, the players are very good with the CASDA members also"

Sorry, what is CASDA? Is it the disabled supporters?
  • "And to be fair, the players are very good with the CASDA members also"

"Yes"

In which case Steve, may I point out that your comment was a bit "does he take sugar?". We do not need players to be very good with us, we do not require any added incentives thank you very much. Could do with less patronising though.
  • [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]"And to be fair, the players are very good with the CASDA members also"

"Yes"

In which case Steve, may I point out that your comment was a bit "does he take sugar?". We do not need players to be very good with us, we do not require any added incentives thank you very much. Could do with less patronising though.

So it is now wrong for the players and club officials to be caring of the disabled supporters. What a crazy world we live in.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Is Mr.Cartwright doing the MC-ing ?

And, will we be back from Derby intime ??[/quote]

Yes and Yes !
  • Thank you.

sure the coach will get back ?
    ;-)
  • Thanks for your last post Covered End .... Nuff said !!!!

( "Not said in a patronising manner" )
  • We may not all be back from Derby intime i reckon the bus will have a few seats short on the way back

LOL