Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFL 2021/22

It’s about that time to start the build up to the 2021 draft as well as discussing any off season trades and free agency moves.

There are discussions ongoing to add a 17th game to the schedule for the upcoming season but that’s yet to be confirmed.

Have at it. :-)

Comments

• Bears linked with Watson and Wilson.

In true Bears fashion I expect us to franchise tag Allen Robinson and trade him for Darnold.
  • I just don’t see why Wilson would want to go Raiders

• edited March 2021
    A brand new thread! Hooray for less notifications! 

I'm looking forward to Trevor in teal. I'll try and profile a few players over the coming weeks who will probably have some impact on day one. (I'd rather profile offensive tackles, but that's not very sexy football, is it?)
  • Actually if Russ does come to Vegas, the Raiders are going 17-0 baby ! 
  • PaddyP17 said:

I'm looking forward to Trevor in teal. I'll try and profile a few players over the coming weeks who will probably have some impact on day one. (I'd rather profile offensive tackles, but that's not very sexy football, is it?)
    Love a good o line. 

• The Vikings have already made a pretty major move cutting Rudolph leaving us just ~$5 million over the cap. Reiff, Barr, Smith and Stephen could be in line for cuts/restructures in the next few weeks. 
  • PaddyP17 said:

I’d love to see some OT profiles, can’t underestimate how important drafting a good one is! I’ve been loving the (I think) newly launched PFF mock draft machine, grading system is a lot of fun. 
  • @Callumcafc I've just heard on a podcast that Dak wants "right behind" Mahones money. 

That's him gone then.
  • Prescott and the Cowboys agree to a 4 year, $160m contract ($126m guaranteed).
  • Prescott and the Cowboys agree to a 4 year, $160m contract ($126m guaranteed).
    This contains an out after three years, which is good medium-term thinking. Think it's a good deal for all parties, all things considered, especially as you're likely to see a big cap increase next year so the Cowboys have a shot at contending, potentially, if they can get themselves sorted out, in 2022/23.
  • Sponsored links:

• First big one for the Vikings releasing Reiff. Was very solid last year but just too expensive. 
  • Well IF we draft a tackle in 5th I guarantee he will be injured the first year and turn out to bang average at the peak of his career
  • That’s actually a massive upgrade!!
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Prescott and the Cowboys agree to a 4 year, $160m contract ($126m guaranteed).
    This contains an out after three years, which is good medium-term thinking. Think it's a good deal for all parties, all things considered, especially as you're likely to see a big cap increase next year so the Cowboys have a shot at contending, potentially, if they can get themselves sorted out, in 2022/23.
    Unfortunately we couldn't contend when Dak only cost us $600k per year on average for his first three seasons so not sure we massively improve because he gets this deal. 

Our D needs sorting first!
  • Well IF we draft a tackle in 5th I guarantee he will be injured the first year and turn out to bang average at the peak of his career
    If you guys manage to screw up Sewell or Rashawn Slater then it's a curse.

I think Sewell is something special. He has the raw physical gifts and play instincts to be a perennial All-Pro.
  • Wow, the Chiefs have released BOTH starting tackles, Schwartz and Fisher. Play on Orlando Brown incoming? I think Fisher was injured in the AFC champ game so might not have played much this season if at all. 
  • Brees retires. 

Aaron Jones signs new 4 year deal with Packers 
  • uh oh, Zeitler signs with the Ravens and Norwell has done a new deal with the Jags. Market is thinning for the Vikings! 
  • Danielle Hunter is likely looking for a trade, that’s a sickener, better be huge returns. 
  • Wow, the Chiefs have released BOTH starting tackles, Schwartz and Fisher. Play on Orlando Brown incoming? I think Fisher was injured in the AFC champ game so might not have played much this season if at all. 
    On the face of it this seems crazy with how much they missed them in the super bowl. However they needed to cut to get under the cap, and both had bad injuries.  

The bigger picture is the two opt-outs Duvernay-Tardiff and Niang will be back. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Thuney now off the market to the chiefs, what a fantastic day to be a Viking. 
  • Very happy with this 
  • Kevin Zeitler returns to the AFC North...with the Ravens. Juju next?
  • Yikes the Pats going big in free agency, Smith (TE), Judon (LB) and Mills (DB) and a number of key defensive players returning from opt-out, but still not sure on Cam at QB with no WRs
  • Kevin Zeitler returns to the AFC North...with the Ravens. Juju next?
    Juju to Raiders maybe ? 
  • cafcbrown said:
    Very happy with this 
    And so you should be! That is much cheaper than I was expecting.
  • Meanwhile, we are signing people I have never heard of! This is great fun! I looked it up three minutes ago and I genuinely cannot remember the name of the dude we signed from the Bears for 3y/24.4m
  • MrOneLung said:
    Kevin Zeitler returns to the AFC North...with the Ravens. Juju next?
    Juju to Raiders maybe ? 
    More likely I think 
  • Browns and Ravens are going to run that division for years now. Looking forward to more Lamar v Baker showdowns.