Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2021/22

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Tim Tebow has been trying out as a tight end with Jags !!!!! 
    See my previous post ffs
  • Options
    Can't help but hope that the Chargers trade up to get Pitts, hopes raised further when Hunter Henry went to NE but I probably am living in a dream world. Unfortunately, I do think he'll go Atlanta at 4. All projections have us taking an OL but it would be very much like the Chargers to do something out of the ordinary, Pitts to then pick up an injury in training camp ruling him out until December....
  • Options
    Can't help but hope that the Chargers trade up to get Pitts, hopes raised further when Hunter Henry went to NE but I probably am living in a dream world. Unfortunately, I do think he'll go Atlanta at 4. All projections have us taking an OL but it would be very much like the Chargers to do something out of the ordinary, Pitts to then pick up an injury in training camp ruling him out until December....
    If you guys stay put you've got a huge shot at Rashawn Slater in my opinion, who kept Chase Young at bay in college. May need to trade up three, or four spots, but he's an absolute cornerstone and would lock in Herbert to throw gems all day long imho. (Sewell is even better - I think he's the second-best player in the class behind Lawrence, and not even by much - Lawrence is just that good a prospect)
  • Options
    WITH THE FIRST OVERALL PICK IN THE 2021 NFL DRAFT THE JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS SELECTED TREVOR LAWRENCE

WE DID NOT SCREW IT UP

GET INNNNNNNNNN
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    1: Trevor Lawrence 
    2. Zach Wilson
    3. Trey Lance 

The 49ers were linked with just about everyone but Lance was the name with most momentum today so no surprise it’s him in the end. 
  • Options
    Lance!!!!! Oh my days. That was some awesome smokescreening. Like that pick a lot to be fair.
  • Options
    Chase at 5, happy with that. Good night all enjoy the rest of the draft
  • Options
    1. JAX - Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
    2. NYJ - Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
    3. SF - Trey Lance, QB, NDSU
    4. ATL - Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
    5. CIN - Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU
    6. MIA - Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
    7. DET - Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
    8. CAR - Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina
    9. DEN - Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama
    10. PHI - Devonta Smith, WR, Alabama
  • Options
    I'll post the rest til I fall asleep!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    11. CHI - Justin Fields, QB, The Ohio State

I think this is a great pick. Great trade and Chicago may yet have their man (despite OSU QBs not being so great historically in the NFL - but Justin is different).
  • Options
    12. DAL - Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State

I love that too. The dude can do all sorts. Great pick and he will cause all sorts of problems!
  • Options
    13. LAC - Rashawn Slater, Northwestern

A good pick and the right one for Justin Herbert.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    So AVT and Darrisaw fall in to our laps and we trade back directly for one of them and out of the range of the other. Looks like Zimmer is getting a new toy after completely ignoring the O line in FA. Absolute shocker. 
  • Options
    14. NYJ - Alijah Vera-Tucker, OG, USC (Southern California)

He's the best guard in the draft for sure, so they'll be giving Wilson every chance, with AVT probably slotting in at left guard I'd guess? Not a massive fan of trading up nine spots with two 3rds and a 4th in return, but time will tell. A good player but you might have had a better chance with more darts at the board in the 3rd round for a couple of impact players.

Maybe it's a win-win though!
  • Options
    Mac Jones for the Pats, have we got our next TB12?
  • Options
    15. NE - Mac Jones, QB, Alabama

oh no this is terrifying lol
  • Options
    16. ARI - Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa

Now this is a bit of a surprise. He's a big guy who will promise to disrupt, but in doing so can get caught out of position and he's not the quickest from what I've seen. But still, he should be a good player... 16th overall though? I'd have looked elsewhere.
  • Options
    The raiders did a raiders and took a consensus 2nd/3rd rounder at 17. 
  • Options
    17. LV - Alex Leatherwood, OL, Alabama

Another surprise and I think he's better than most draft "experts" or indeed amateurs think: there are lots lower on him than me. I think he has good angles of attack and decent enough fundamentally with his feet to go well from day one. Room to improve - but the same goes for all offensive linemen!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The raiders did a raiders and took a consensus 2nd/3rd rounder at 17. 
    I'm going to stick my neck out and say the consensus is a bit wrong (and 3rd round is very ungenerous - 2nd would be fair based on most people's opinions).
  • Options
    18. MIA - Jaelan Phillips, EDGE, Miami (FL)

Injuries are the eternal question. But he's so talented and I can see Miami making the most of someone with his raw power, technique, athleticism - and everything else! He needs to show less of himself in the blitz/pressure and sort out his angles of attack but otherwise, there's so much talent there, potentially.
  • Options
    19. WAS - Jamin Davis, LB, Kentucky

Okay, that's quite sexy. Only a one-year starter so I'm a bit concerned there, but this guy has risen up draft boards. He's great in space, and has great potential (which seems to be a big part of this year's first round) - but he's been hesitant on a few places this year which is something thankfully that can be coached. He's quite smart, though, and if that continues a slight lack of speed (despite a good 40-yard dash time) will be masked. Definitely on an upward curve!
  • Options
    20. NYG - Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida

... Erm, I'd have had either Rashod Bateman or Rondale Moore over him. I think Toney's a good player (having watched lots of Florida this year as my second college team) but he's been over-hyped to get into the first round. A small slot receiver, he's got good hands and runs smoothly, but he's not that diverse imho. 

I look forward to being proved wrong!
  • Options
    21. IND - Kwity Paye, DE, Michigan

Yeah, great pick. Top edge in the draft and can do all sorts. Lots of room for him to improve, which he's been doing, and as a Jag fan I hate this! Lol.
  • Options
    22. TEN - Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech

Another very good pick. Fluid, fast, and good coverage instincts, while being even better in man - despite only converting to corner in college! Tackling and the fact he did his ACL is an issue, but I hate this pick too.
  • Options
    Get in! Didn’t expect him to fall back to us here. 
  • Options
    23. MIN - Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech

I'd be happy with this @cafc_harry - I don't see too many weaknesses here. Maybe balance and adjustment to funky defensive looks, but that would be a minor concern in my opinion. I don't think he's quite got the ceiling of those drafted ahead of him, maybe except Leatherwood, but he's got all the raw tools to be a good LT.
  • Options
    24. PIT - Najee Harris, RB, Alabama

Surprised it wasn't Travis Etienne! The bloke is a class RB but maybe isn't quite a change-of-pace back. Not that that matters if he can bulldoze his way through and get extra yards as he did in college. A great running back but the question remains as to whether a first-round pick on a RB is wise given how the league is shifting in outlook. But, he'll be a good fantasy pick!
  • Options
    25. JAX - Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson

Hooooooly vibes I did not expect this! TLaw and Travis together. For me, the best RB in the class, and with James Robinson we have a huge running back room. The bloke is basically complete and I'm very happy with this even if we need a bit of help elsewhere. Woo.

And that's me done for the night!