Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Year's Eve

Normally a thread about this by now.

So, what are your plans.........?

Comments

• Armchair, remote, punk ipa, sleep, spill punk ipa. The ending sums up 2020
  • Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
  • For any of you old ravers out there ,The Hacienda are currently working there way through a 24hr NYE party with various djs throughout the day/night.

https://unitedwestream.co.uk/stream/hacienda-nye-24-hour-houseparty-united-we-stream-greater-manchester-part-1/
  • Alcohol, watch something from my PVR or DVDs, talk a bit of rubbish on Charlton Life, more alcohol, turn on BBC1 at 11:55 to see what they do for the New Year etc
  • Cook nice dinner, drink wine, check Charlton Life, drink wine, watch a long film, drink wine, watch a taped ‘8 out of ten cats does countdown’, drink wine, fall asleep. 
  • Be interesting to see what they will do at 12am, just someone sat in a studio...."thats that then...and in other news..."
  • Sponsored links:

• Beer, delivery from Guyoza in Sidcup (best Chinese/Asian takeaway I’ve had by far) and a film.
  • Me and the missus at home - champers on ice and a little buffet to go with it.

Will probably fall asleep watching Hootenanny!
  • edited December 2020
    Beer, delivery from Guyoza in Sidcup (best Chinese/Asian takeaway I’ve had by far) and a film.
    Funny, I'm planning literally the same thing.... To complete the trio... What film?
  • Beer, delivery from Guyoza in Sidcup (best Chinese/Asian takeaway I’ve had by far) and a film.
    Guyoza is lovely.
  • edited December 2020
    Have never liked New Year's Eve.  Been glad since having kids it's basically been a take away, a couple of beers and watch a film or whatever, and same this year, but I think we're doing a few online games with friends too.
  • Huskaris said:
    Beer, delivery from Guyoza in Sidcup (best Chinese/Asian takeaway I’ve had by far) and a film.
    Funny, I'm planning literally the same thing.... To complete the trio... What film?
    sluts with nuts
    What channel.....asking for a friend
  • Sponsored links:

• Wired up to a 24 hour blood pressure monitor squeezing my arm loudly every half hour 

Happy New Year 😂
  • A few beers with my good lady surrounded by our dogs, then at 11.55 pack them off downstairs with whatever channels I can find on the radio playing loud stuff, crank the volume up and leave them. Returning upstairs in time for the village idiot to fire of his rocket launcher that he hires every New Year’s Eve, then we go outside and watch the light show put on annually by the ambulance service as the attend all pensioners in our street with chest pains brought on by noise. HNY 😂
  • As a semi pro musician (bass player), I'm normally gigging on NYE.  This year I'm going to set up outside my house about 11.40 for a 20 minute bass solo to discourage social gatherings.

• Race night via zoom and probably a curry. Better than most nye tbh. Usually in bed by 11.
  • Curry, Baileys, bed.
  • 1st new year in 7 years I’ve not been in Ireland with mrs and her family, a Chinese indoors and got a sub keg on chill for later 
  • Wondering if the row I’m having with my wife will be over before the evening. ☹️
  • While we're on the subject, NYE is pure shite isn't it?

You either go out the the pub and have to get a ticket in advance and pay to get in the pub that's normally free, it's rammed so half the night is queuing for the bar and getting knocked by strangers trying to squeeze past. 

You can't move on if it's rubbish as everywhere else is full too, and everyone wants to call it a night about half 10 but can't as you need to be there for midnight.  

It gets to midnight and you go by some random person's watch and all think "oh yeah, oops, it's 2 minutes past!!  Happy New Year!" and no one really cares.

Or you go to a house party and stand in a kitchen eating a few slices of cold pizza and duck spring rolls whilst drinking your own beer and making small talk until again, clinging on for about 2 hours until midnight when you're bored.

Cabs and hotels etc are 3 times the price, and you get stupid texts throughout the evening from people "wishing you a happy new year now as it'll be busy later on" as if that's been a thing for about 15 years.

Then the next morning you have everyone making resolutions no one cares about and no one sticks to, plus people on social media having arguments about fireworks and dogs for hours on end.

Going out on literally any other night of the year is much, much better.
    P.S. Happy new year everyone.
  • While we're on the subject, NYE is pure shite isn't it?

You either go out the the pub and have to get a ticket in advance and pay to get in the pub that's normally free, it's rammed so half the night is queuing for the bar and getting knocked by strangers trying to squeeze past. 

You can't move on if it's rubbish as everywhere else is full too, and everyone wants to call it a night about half 10 but can't as you need to be there for midnight.  

It gets to midnight and you go by some random person's watch and all think "oh yeah, oops, it's 2 minutes past!!  Happy New Year!" and no one really cares.

Or you go to a house party and stand in a kitchen eating a few slices of cold pizza and duck spring rolls whilst drinking your own beer and making small talk until again, clinging on for about 2 hours until midnight when you're bored.

Cabs and hotels etc are 3 times the price, and you get stupid texts throughout the evening from people "wishing you a happy new year now as it'll be busy later on" as if that's been a thing for about 15 years.

Then the next morning you have everyone making resolutions no one cares about and no one sticks to, plus people on social media having arguments about fireworks and dogs for hours on end.

Going out on literally any other night of the year is much, much better.
    Happy New Year, fancy coming for a beer later  :D